Spell Reference D&D 3.5/Pathfinder SRD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Spell Reference D&D 3.5/Pathfinder SRD

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:I can take the last two Sonic to Zone bit. I need the material and the Notepad++ userDefinedLang.xml if you have it (I am currently using a minor change to the one you have in your signature).

BTW, are you doing the APG stuff, or do you want me to do it using this format?
I'll PM you a link later and post a newer userDefinedLang.xml (my current one), but their just for text highlighting anyway. It's the TextFX plug-in you want to load to make things easier. It installs through notepad++ in the plug-in manager. APG (advanced player's guide, 3.75?). Yes, I'll be adding that and I think the db online is complete so no need for data entry for that one. I recommend just working on one section at a time. Just doing the long descriptions is a lot of work. If you don't want to format each paragraph, then I can do it later. I plan on spending a day just checking formats once done.

I'm heading out for a week, so I may or may not be online this week. I just broke my computer as well. Good thing I was planning on a fresh install anyway.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I have TextFX installed as that makes life so much easier in Notepad++. I will do the first section first and send it and then the second. You can let me know what I have jacked up and I will correct it. Yes, the APG is for Pathfinder/3.75.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Did you still need me to do the second section? Also, what sections still require some TLC?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You did that last one amazingly fast (what's your secret?), but yeah, it still needs to be done.

I do have a request though, could you use | for all the separators. It makes my regex easier to write. I'm just converting it all the json format so I can import it into the token.

These are the keys I used when converting your file:

Code: Select all

spellName $school (subschool) [descriptor] +Level:spellLevel =Components:spellComponents ^Casting Time:castTime %Range:range *Target:target *Area:area ~Effect:effect !Duration:duration |Saving Throw:savingThrow ?Spell Resistance:spellResistance *Material Component:materialComponents *Focus:focus (D)<p>description

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Just had the time was my secret. Plus, this is how I plan out my campaign for MapTools. Copying from a PDF, regexing the file for flaws from the PDF and then pasteing in MapTools. OK, I will do the next bit(IIRC T-Z). Were you able to get all of the Advanced Player's Guide stuff made for Pathfinder?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I have that downloaded, just need to convert it. I'm working on a debugging part of RPedit and when I finish that I'll be going back to the Spell Ref stuff.

damoncasale
Kobold

Post by damoncasale »

How is this progressing? I'd really like to have the ability to add spells, and even domains, to the existing database. I just don't see any easy way to do that.

Also, the latest version of the spell framework doesn't seem to be fully working. When I attempt to run the macro [r:searchSpellLink('spell name')] it gives me some very odd output:

net/rptools/maptool/client/image/smiley/emcurl.png'>pell_database/none/Impersonated?%5B%5B%22alpha%22%2C%22B%22%2C%22Bull%27s+Strength%22%5D%2C1%5D'>Bull's Strength

A previous version of this framework was working just fine. What gives?

Damon

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

damoncasale wrote:How is this progressing? I'd really like to have the ability to add spells, and even domains, to the existing database. I just don't see any easy way to do that.

Also, the latest version of the spell framework doesn't seem to be fully working. When I attempt to run the macro [r:searchSpellLink('spell name')] it gives me some very odd output:

net/rptools/maptool/client/image/smiley/emcurl.png'>pell_database/none/Impersonated?%5B%5B%22alpha%22%2C%22B%22%2C%22Bull%27s+Strength%22%5D%2C1%5D'>Bull's Strength

A previous version of this framework was working just fine. What gives?

Damon
That is odd. Did you type that in at the chat window? If so, maybe the smiley conversion is messing with your input. You can uncheck that box in preferences. Since the "S" is missing and there is a smile for :s, then that's what I'm assuming is happening there.

As for progress, I really want to get back to working on it, but I also feel the need to finish the current project of the debugger. I'm so close, but I'm currently indecisive how I want to handle the data. So, I run some tests and one thing leads to another, then I get burnt out programming so I set it aside for a bit, then I jump back in for another try.

I've taken a recent peak at what I have done already and I'm really close to finishing it. I need to write some css, code for 1 more output page and I'm virtually done (after some testing).

If you keep poking me with a stick, I'll get it done... so keep up the good work.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I am getting this error "Unknown campaign macro SpellLibrary" when trying to run the "Open Spell Library" macro from the campaign frame. It has just started doing this since moving to B77 and up. I have not tried previous versions to verify it is due to moving to the newer versions.
Last edited by neofax on Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Um, what error?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Any progress on the updated SpellLibrary Alias? Now that we have a updated Spell Manager by Plothos, I would like to play around with your library.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

neofax wrote:Now that we have a updated Spell Manager by Plothos
Er, sorta. :oops:
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I'm going to start officially working on it tomorrow. I have a bunch of things in the wings waiting for this to be done including updated spells for 4e, 3.5, maneuvers and ad&d.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

I love this tool, are there any plans to add the Pathfinder APG spells to it?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Any update on this? I have the APG and Ultimate Magic spells added to Wrathgon's Spell Manager. I have re-wrote alot of it to fix some errors that were bothering me. I would like to add these spells to your library so I can read there descriptions and such while adding them to my token.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”