From a discussion with CIF
I've created a drop-in that can be used to add 'difficult terrain' to your maps and have a counter when a token moves over the pre defined area. The download is a full campaign file where you can check it out.
To use it as a drop in you need to:
- extract (save) the lib:OntokenMove token from the campaign file and drop it into your own campaign.
- create a token on each map where you are going to define an 'difficult terrain' area. This token must be medium sized and have the name: 'AreaToken'.
To actually use it in your campaign I would suggest to first check out the attached campaign file to get a feeling of how it works. When you've done that, you need to rewrite the onTokenMove macro that is on the lib:ontokenmove token, so it fits into your campaign. All the functions are their, but as each game does things differently I can only give the building tools, not the building itself.
One thing might not be entirely clear and that is the 'Assign Areas' macro. For this drop-in its actually redundant as there is only one event: 'limit movement'. However you still need to use it:
- Create an area (have a look at the Define Area tooltips for more info). Either create an area from the lastpath of a token or from a group of token on a certain layer with a certain state
- Define Area (give it a name)
- Assign Area (link it to 'Limit Movement')
Now it will be available in the onTokenMove macro where you can do with it what you like!!
Feel free to post any questions here.
Note that this drop-in (EDIT
:) IS merged with the Bag of Tricks an if needed, further developed from there on. If you already use the bag of tricks I would suggest to wait for the next version where this drop-in is merged with.
I only post this for people who want to make use of this function and nothing else. Download:
Wolph42 - Difficult Terrain.cmpgn [279.76 KiB]
Downloaded 38 times