Group movement

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Re: Group movement

Post by CoveredInFish »

Not supported. Although I'd say that this dropin would benefit from such a function i have currently no plans to do so since I'm not adept with coding for multi-map situations.

There are good solutions here in the forums to transfer tokens from one map to another. Look for teleport pad by lmarkus or the teleporter by wolph42 (dont know how the stuff is called correctly).

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Auto Teleport Pads (advanced)
Just move all the tokens onto the pad and they're transported.

Which brings a question to mind: is the group movement map independent? That is, I create a group on map A and then transport them to B, does it still act as a group?
(I guess it does, but its' good to to ask for sure).

Also have you noticed: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=17013 he seems to be working on the same thing.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

IIRC (I did this a while below and doesnt really use it ATM) its map independent as long as a) you keep the group token and the other tokens together and b) the token id doesnt get changed when you teleport them. (?)

I saw the announcement of the other tool but hadnt a chance to check it out yet.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

CoveredInFish wrote:IIRC (I did this a while below and doesnt really use it ATM) its map independent as long as a) you keep the group token and the other tokens together and b) the token id doesnt get changed when you teleport them. (?)

I saw the announcement of the other tool but hadnt a chance to check it out yet.
Currently, the tokenid does NOT get changed when using macro's to move tokens from map to map(I checked moveTokenToMap but not moveTokenFromMap.. but I would really assume it would be the same).

Note: if you COPY/CUT and then PASTE into a new map(or even in the same map!!!!!) the token WILL get a new id. Keep this in mind....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”