Stand alone init frame [Dev]

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Stand alone init frame

Post by aliasmask »

Something is wrong with your token. I copied all the macros to a new token and it works. You may want to post the token as bugged.

Here's the un-bugged version. None of the properties are set though.
Attachments
lib_init v0.1 mt1.3b63.rptok
I forgot to add an image in the other one. I don't have the E image though and can't set is from other token.
(516.65 KiB) Downloaded 273 times
Last edited by aliasmask on Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Hmmm, kay, thx. Will do.
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Posted a new token above for version b63 and included the Portrait image this time too.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Something is really weird with this, because I tried to make a new token, based on AM's suggestion, but for some completely bizarre reason now the display macro just erases some of the token's properties. It's a macro that didn't before and that was simply copied and imported, but now it erases feces.

No idea what's going on as there's nothin in any of the code anywhere that would possibly blank the prop in question. Very frustrated and will prob leave it for a couple days before coming back to it.
Drop-In Utilities:
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Reporting a bug-free trial in my Friday game. Worked like a charm. Yay!
Drop-In Utilities:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Which download is the newest version? You should probably start a new thread for this and we can have Az knock this back out of Drop-In Resources in place of your post.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Re: Stand alone init frame [Dev]

Post by plothos »

Hmmm, yeah, I'm not even sure which version I was using on Friday, now that it comes to it. I haven't been able to figure this bug yet. When I do, I'll start a new thread with whatever is the best token I can put together. Stupid buggy tokens. :evil:
Drop-In Utilities:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Go ahead and post what you have here then because I'm going to start using it soon... great work btw. If I discover the source of the bug, I'll let you know.

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

I will do so tonight, when I have the chance to figure out what's the best thing to post.
Drop-In Utilities:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Okay weirdness is only getting weirder. I can no longer reproduce the problem where one of the lib's properties was just getting blanked for no reason on panel display. But now when I have two instances connected and both have the panel up if I make a change in the panel it will toggle back and forth between the changed and original version of the panel in a loop until I break it by changing selection or something. I'll post a vid when I can, because it is soooo f-ing weird. Anybody have any idea how this could happen?

The panel works by displaying info that is stored on the lib. Nowhere can I think of any code that could remotely toggle the token properties back and forth like this, so I'm really confused.

Attached is the current token, for anybody who wants to play with it.

EDIT FOR MORE INFO: The connection was on the same PC via the LAN tab. The problem goes away when I close the connected instance. I'm thinking it's some kind of weirdness brought about by having panels on two instances updating on token change? Anyboyd smarter/better-informed than I who can see how that might pose a problem?

BTW, I am unsure if this is the same token I used on Friday, but I definitely did not see this problem in session, and I haven't changed any of the code involved in refreshing the panels, etc. On the off chance it's relevant, I'm coding this on b63 for greater compatibility, but the session on Friday was b70.
Attachments
Plo's Initlib v1.0.rptok
(521.07 KiB) Downloaded 239 times
Drop-In Utilities:

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

Seems I cannot reproduce this weird behavior on my desktop at all. I keep seeing it on my laptop, though, so I'm not sure what the heck is going on.
Drop-In Utilities:

Malekith
Giant

Post by Malekith »

sounds very odd,
Keep and eye on it tmz and hopefully its just some weirdness that's only ever really gonna happen in testing instances :s

Mal
Mal

pelwer
Cave Troll

Post by pelwer »

Folk,

Been following this thread for a while - some excellent work going on here.

I'm wondering if anyone has a "how to" on using the this drop in?

I can't seen to figure out how to add a token to the init panel - I can only add effects.

Thanks,
Pat.
A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men. - Willy Wonka

Currently playing Savage Worlds in the home-brew world of Shadora.
We are looking for players! PM me if interested.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”