OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

erm no no and no. Its a derivative from my W40K campaign where you have actual vehicles that have initiative (depending on th edriver) and weapons operated by the players. I've 'undressed' to the bear 'vehicle'. What it does is when you click 'embarkation' it shows you a dropdown for each seat with all characters within 10 squares. The ones you pick are moved to a VPCU (vehicle personal container unit) on the same map (just somewhere else). The vehicle itself you can move around the map.
Then there is a 2nd button 'toggle embark' which disembarks the characters in one click (and embarks them again with another). 'Embark' in this case means moving them from the VPCU token back to the vehicle.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Ahh, so tokens don't move with vehicle, got it. :(

Yea, some day I need to enhance group movement of tokens. Probably implementing A* path AI logic to let tokens flow around VBL will be the way to go...some day...
-Jamz

TechnoCat
Kobold

Post by TechnoCat »

Where can I find the tbl_image download?

I receive 404 error on drop box when I follow the url in the rptok tools.

Wonderful set of tools, btw!

mattekure
Kobold

Post by mattekure »

The states used for invisibility seem to be hard coded. When I change them to something else in the settings and try to use them, it throws an error.

In my example, I created a state "Invisible" and in the bot settings, I set the invisibility state field on toggles to "Invisible". when I try to start invisibility, it says Unknown state "invisibility".

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

mattekure wrote:The states used for invisibility seem to be hard coded. When I change them to something else in the settings and try to use them, it throws an error.

In my example, I created a state "Invisible" and in the bot settings, I set the invisibility state field on toggles to "Invisible". when I try to start invisibility, it says Unknown state "invisibility".
Indeed! Nice catch, forgot a couple of these. I've fixed them all and tested them with 'invisible' states. They now all work.

To update: just download the ontokenmove.rptok and replace the one in your campaign with it.

mattekure
Kobold

Post by mattekure »

I just started using the Bag of Tricks so I apologize if my questions have already been addressed.

I am using the Nerps version of maptool version 1.4.4.0 and the latest version of BoT 43a.

The question regards the footprints left behind while walking. I love the feature, and the new purple addition for invisible characters. Is it possible to have the footsteps transition in color from purple to red, or red to purple along the path depending on where they enter/exit the visibility zone? Right now the color of the entire path is dependant on the final point.

Also, in animating the door, the instructions say to put 0 for no animation, but when I do that, I get an error Division by zero executing expression stepSize = openDistance/animateTime.

Thanks

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

i dont think that the former will be feasible to program. The latter I need to check and I will get back to that later. Thnx for the report and interest.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok fixed the door animation issue. A bit of a dirty fix, but it works. Turned out that it should have said: set to 1 for no animation...but 0 is more intuitive. So you still have to enter 0 for no animation (and then its stored as 1... :roll: ). I'll also have a quick look at the feet.

you can re-download the ontokenmove.rptok to upgrade your campaign.

edit: ok I had a closer look at the pathfeet code and as suspected, its (really) unfeasible to implement your feature request. It would require me to rewrite that entire section to a completely different approach...and its highly likely when I do that, that I break other (move related) things in the BoT. The short of it is that now you get purple feet when 'ownerOnlyVisible' is true and then the feet are planted for the entire track. In the new situation I would need to cancel the entire move and then move the token one cell, evaluate, move again, evaluate, move again evaluate etc....

mattekure
Kobold

Post by mattekure »

that worked perfect, thanks for making the changes so quickly. I had tried setting it at 1 before, but it asked to set a minimum of 10.

for the foot thing, if its possible great, but no worries if not. As a devious GM, I sometimes dont want my players to know which direction the invisible creatures come from outside their visibility range.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You could only print feet that are visible. So, there wouldn't be a mix, but only purple feet shown. This would be a PC vs NPC only type thing though since you have to loop through all the heroes to see if they can see the foot print with canSeeToken. Or you can set the visibility on the footprints based on that was well.

But this falls under special effects which is something I have a low priority for. I'm not sure how much value this adds since those footprints can't be seen anyway and disappear on the next turn so there is no reveal. Maybe the ownership of the footprints is the issue if they can been seen when they shouldn't be. I don't know, just spitballing.

mattekure
Kobold

Post by mattekure »

I recently noticed that the zoom out image #29 is missing from tbl_Image. It just shows a red X instead.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

thats weird. I've repacked the zip with a new export of the mt table, however dropbox has lowered my limit so I have to clean out that dir before it starts syncing again. Can take a couple of days. What you can do in the mean time is download the campaign file and export the table from there.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Post by Holladerwaldelf »

Probably a complete noob question but i have not been able to see how to resolve it:
i am trying to use the "summon token" macro and get the error message:
Undefined function: bot_summonToken
i have run the onCampaignLoad macro, also tried reloading...
There certainly is a very simple solution. :?
Thanks for any help

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”