OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.38 [ROOM DESCRIPTOR]

Post by wolph42 »

New Version 38:

Changes in version 38
New Features: Nildiks Fancy Frames and Nildiks 'Room Description' Tokens have been added: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=26147

Additionally:
- Fixed issue when using 'resize pads' icw 'do not move to map after teleport' icw jump drop pads, option 2 and 3.
- updated text for animated door setup.
- updated oncampaignload on onTokenMove to take care of the 'no gm' bug.
- changed OCL to prevent strange bug
- fixed bot_table
- fixed bot_getColumns
- Fixed two bugs in the VBL stamp code
- Create a 'Set VBL Stamp' entry in the manual under UTILITY FUNTIONS.
- Token move animation now also works in grid pixels (instead of grid cells), but i haven't tested the bounce yet, so at your own risk.
- added bot_snapToGrid(token) function
- added Snap To Grid option in settings. These can be used to animate smooth token move and still have the tokens snapped. (When tokens are snapped, animation will always be in steps of grid cells)
- upgraded Diagnose to check for tokens with a numeric ID.
- taipoz
- small offset fix in teleports for small grid. Uncertain though to the repercussions, so futher testing required
- changed getSelected to getSelectedNames in ontokenmove to circumvent the id truncate issue
- tweaks and bugs in map editor!!
- added movetohidden & token macro for the map editor!!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.38 [ROOM DESCRIPT

Post by lmarkus001 »

Nice!

Any chance of some Mote compatibility enhancement? I am slowly working on my framework and it is getting somewhat close.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Umpff, lot of work. Will have a look at it again.

actually, I was pretty far in the compatibility, when during testing I hit the 'vbl wall'. after a lengthy discussion IRC over the mail about the vbl macro support the conclusion was to not support that in mote (for very understandable reason) and when they would (in future version) it would work differently. Give the fact that I spend weeks developing that code... I was put off so badly that I abandoned the project. Ill have a surface look at the rest though to see if its doable to transfer the rest to mote.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I totally understand and had the same issue myself. The lack of VBL manipulation support is a HUGE loss for Mote. BUT, the rest of Mote is so far ahead of MapTool, it balances it out. So I keep pecking at my framework to get it working.

The most recent Mote appears to be much closer to compatible with our more sophisticated libraries. And they are very responsive to issues.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Mote 1.3.8 came out today, and at first tiny glimpse, the BoT is MUCH happier. It now launches without visible issues, and the teleport pads are working, so there is some hope! (I did do one tweak so the BoT does not hiccup on the Mote version string, but that is all I did.)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:Mote 1.3.8 came out today, and at first tiny glimpse, the BoT is MUCH happier. It now launches without visible issues, and the teleport pads are working, so there is some hope! (I did do one tweak so the BoT does not hiccup on the Mote version string, but that is all I did.)
Ah, cool!
I did send them a version a while back and told them"if you can can get this running in mote, you'll probably get everything compatible", it's possible that they still use it to test...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I was a tad hasty... the teleport pads work for a GM, but when I connect up a player in client-server setup, then the player run macros do not find the mappads on the object layer. So there are definitely compatibility issues to be worked through.

They are very responsive to issue reports, but they are understandably awaiting focused input.

EDIT: Premature! I just needed to Initialize Pads and things got better :-)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:I was a tad hasty... the teleport pads work for a GM, but when I connect up a player in client-server setup, then the player run macros do not find the mappads on the object layer. So there are definitely compatibility issues to be worked through.

They are very responsive to issue reports, but they are understandably awaiting focused input.

EDIT: Premature! I just needed to Initialize Pads and things got better :-)
its good to hear this. Now I really need some time to dig into this.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:its good to hear this. Now I really need some time to dig into this.
Have you taken a look?

I am thinking about starting a new framework (for Star Frontiers) and I am trying to decide if I want to do it on Mote or use b91 with the BoT. I'd rather try using Mote with the BoT if the only thing that's missing is VBL manipulation.

I was going to wait for Mote to open its source... but since I'm doing something new I was thinking about giving it a closer look.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:
wolph42 wrote:its good to hear this. Now I really need some time to dig into this.
Have you taken a look?

I am thinking about starting a new framework (for Star Frontiers) and I am trying to decide if I want to do it on Mote or use b91 with the BoT. I'd rather try using Mote with the BoT if the only thing that's missing is VBL manipulation.

I was going to wait for Mote to open its source... but since I'm doing something new I was thinking about giving it a closer look.
nope not yet. still not have found the time.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lmarkus001 wrote:Mote 1.3.8 came out today, and at first tiny glimpse, the BoT is MUCH happier. It now launches without visible issues, and the teleport pads are working, so there is some hope! (I did do one tweak so the BoT does not hiccup on the Mote version string, but that is all I did.)
fixed the version string check so it will eat, 1.3.91, 1.4.0 and mote. Did some initial testing in mote and ran into an issue with "set door". I've reported the issue.

Nildik
Cave Troll

Post by Nildik »

Hi

I never used BoT macros, but I find a function that could be useful for me. This function is "bot_getPath()" and "bot_getTokensPath"

Basically, I'm trying to detect when a movement of a token could be a "charge". Fist condition is: movement has to be a straight line. I think: if "bot_getPath()" returns no direction changes, it is a straight line.

But when I use the function, using the campaign file that you have to download in the first post, I get errors...

(sorry this errors are in spanish, I dont have idea how to change to english)

ava.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "x" error ejecutando expresión nx = json.get(lastStep, "x").
this apears when run [r: bot_getPath()] in a campaign macro with the apply selected checked

Condición inválida en opción de tirada IF(pathType).       Opciones de declaración (si alguna): h,if(pathType), CODE       Cuerpo de declaración (primeros 200 caracteres): { [pathFeet = if(isPC(), "blue feet", "red feet")] [directionLst = "0X0Y,0X1Y,0X-1Y,1X0Y,-1X0Y,1X-1Y,-1X1Y,-1X-1Y,1X1Y"] [facingLst = "none, -90,90,0,180,45,-135,135,-45"] [doLastStep = 0] [b

and this when run [r: bot_getPath("Eagle")] with apply selected unchecked.

I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but no idea what... Could you help me?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

im not sure im following you.

if I:
1. dowload the BoT campaign file
2. create a macro on the campaign panel (with apply to selected token checked) with the following code:
[bot_getPath()]
3. I drag that token in a straight line
4. (make sure that the token is selected) and then run the macro I get:
« bot_getPath() = bot_getPath() = [{"x":1650,"y":1550},{"x":1650,"y":1350}] »
which are the start and end point of the token. If i drag the token not straight, but in a e.g. 30 degree angle (so not 45) i get more points because the direction changes in between (hence you cannot use it for your charge check, unless you turn off snap to grid!!!).

Im not able to reproduce the error. Could you show me (like in the above steps) what you did, so i can reproduce?

Nildik
Cave Troll

Post by Nildik »

I'm very confused... Doing the same than before, it works now... I swear that it didn't work before!!! maybe I'm loosing my mind... doesn't matter...

Trying with this, I realized that I can't use it for detect charges, and I try with the other function: bot_getTokensPath.
No way man. I analysed the code and it is almost the same that bot_getPath!!! just change the name of a variable from pathtype to showpath.

Another mistake of mine?

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”