OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Cewl feat: fully auto teleports

Post by jfrazierjr »

:P
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Cewl feat: fully auto teleports

Post by wolph42 »

I noticed that the attached file is heavily outdated. Updated the OP with the latest .cmpgn file. I'll have a look if I can make this more of a drop-in later.

Edit: updated OP completely with instructions. You can now see it as an 'advanced' drop in.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Auto Teleport Pads (advanced)

Post by mfrizzell »

Wolph42 absolutely love the potential of this but I'm having a bit of trouble getting it going. I've downloaded the OP stuff and printed the setup instructions. To keep things simple I have a basic campaign with only one map called Grasslands. Set the campaign properties, adjusted the teleportsGrasslands macro to indicate just one numpad and 0 interpads.

Code: Select all

h:'<!--UPDATE THESE NUMBERS IF YOU ADD MORE TELEPORTS-->']
[h: numPads = 1]
[h: numInterPads = 0]
[h:'<!------------------------------------------------------------------------->']
Saved the campaign and reloaded it but I get an error everytime I move a PC and the pads don't teleport. I've obviously missed something but I really don't understand your code so I've got no clue what it might be. Here is the error I receive when a PC token is moved.

Error running onTokenMove on lib:OnTokenMove : Error executing movedOverToken: the token name or id {1} is unknown.
Any help would be much appreciated.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

I was trying it out using B77 and here is a link to the file as it may be to big to attach here.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8899011/Basic%2 ... 0B77.cmpgn

I appreciate you looking at this.

Edit: I also loaded your example campaign as would be expected the teleports work. I tried adding a new map and could not get teleports to work on the new map.
I copied a pair of Pads to the new map. They were set 1.
I duplicated on of the Map related macros. I renamed it to teleportsKeep.
I updated the code on this macro to numpads 1 and left interpads alone at 1.
I updated the onTokenMoveHandler case statement adding this line-

case "Keep": teleportsKeep(selectedTokens);
And now any PC token moved on the new map causing the same error I experienced on my own campaign.

Error running onTokenMove on lib:OnTokenMove : Error executing movedOverToken: the token name or id {1} is unknown.
Characters:
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Ok I checked the campaign file and noticed 2 things:
1. my bad, there is also code in there for move prevention (when moving over a 'troll-defender') as this tokens wasn't there it generates errors. I removed this part of the code and uploaded a new rptok file.
2. I don't see any teleport pads in your campaign file. Without these it obviously won't work. As explained ANY token in ANY layer can operate as a teleporter as long as its name and properties are set correctly.
If you need additional help with the latter, let me know.

Good luck!

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Ahh, I used tokens that looked like star bursts for my teleport pads. Nothing like trying to confuse the guy trying to help me.

OK, So I added tour new token and it works on both the map added to your campaign file and my file, but if I move a token and it ends its movement on a square other than a teleport pad it generates that same error.

I've changed the teleport pads to something you recognize and updated the link with the new Campaign file.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8899011/Basic%2 ... 0B77.cmpgn

Thanx
Characters:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

you have set (or left) numInterPads=1 while there are no interpad tokens on the map.

edit: which means ontokenmove will look for interpad1, but can't find it (thus id is set to '1') generating an error EVERY time you move.
I could build in checks for this, but that means decreasing speed. I've tried to keep it as lean an mean as possible. (by leaving in redundant code in v8.... :shock: :roll: )

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

ahh, that did it. Thank you very much.
Characters:

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

I still think there might be a better way by storing the information on lib tokens to make this easier to configure.....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Just one more issue. When I place an interpad on my new map, I set the number of interpads on the new map to 1 and on grasslands to 2.
So I have 2 interpads on grasslands 1 and 2 and it is set for 2 in the macro.
The plains still has 1 and is set for 1.
The new map has 1 interpad and is set for 1 in the macro.

Movement on the new map produces that same error. Did I miss or not set a setting correctly?

Edit: It does work. It teleports the token from grasslands to the new map it's just movement that does not end in the teleport pads causes the error.
Last edited by mfrizzell on Mon Dec 13, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Characters:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

jfrazierjr wrote:I still think there might be a better way by storing the information on lib tokens to make this easier to configure.....
im uncertain there is a 'better' way (unless you dive into the java code), but surely there is a 'different' way, which is easier for some and more troublesome for others...

The main disadvantage of this (my) method is that its quite troublesome to set it up
The main advantage is that once you have set it up, its easy to expand.

I could think of some code to generate macros for the new maps which would make this a lot easier, but then again that's really not my area of expertise.
E.g. some macro: setup_teleport_map: which pops up an input screen where you enter mapname, name of start and end teleport token or some coordinates of an area. And then the macro would adjust or create the handler macros.

But again, not my area of expertise.

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

Ninja'ed. Could you look at my last post please.
Thank you.
Characters:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

mfrizzell wrote:Ninja'ed. Could you look at my last post please.
Thank you.
i missed that one indeed!
erm can you once again post the campaign file again. Im now pretty certain that that error is generated when ontokenmove looks for a token that does not exist... have you changed the 'switch' in the ontokenmove handler as well (point 6 in the manual)?

mfrizzell
Dragon

Post by mfrizzell »

wolph42 wrote:
mfrizzell wrote:Ninja'ed. Could you look at my last post please.
Thank you.
i missed that one indeed!
erm can you once again post the campaign file again. Im now pretty certain that that error is generated when ontokenmove looks for a token that does not exist... have you changed the 'switch' in the ontokenmove handler as well (point 6 in the manual)?
I did for the new map yes. If there is a second instance for interpads then no.

Here is the files and thanks.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8899011/Telepor ... file.cmpgn
Characters:

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”