OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Auto Teleport Pads (advanced)

Post by wolph42 »

hmm you've encountered a flaw (yet again) in my code... this one is something I really need to sit down for. The error is simple, the second interpad is called interpad 2, the code is thus going through the loop starting to look for interpad 1... which doesn't exist. The short term fix is to create another interpad on the new map named interPad 1 and hide it and set interpads to 2 (else the code will never check it).

Edit: I've updated the OP with your findings

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

Up to help a noob out with your macro's for this?

I love this idea and have many uses for it on my current campaign. Just to get the hang of what you're doing I downloaded the campaign file you attached. When I open it, the pads (intra and inter) all work perfectly.

Looking at your implementation section in your first post, it was easy enough to set up the token type. The second section talking about Edit Macro is where I'm totally lost. Where the heck do I go to get to the referenced onSomething you have? I've looked in your campaign file and there are no macro's listed in any of the three macro fields. There is nothing I can find in the properties of any of the tokens that are related to macro's.

I tried to copy and past new pads from the current ones on the map (they numbered appropriately, PadStart 6 and PadEnd 6, but when I move a token onto them, they don't work. I even deleted some of the other pads and renamed my newly pasted ones to Pad* 3, but still no luck.

Can you spell this out for me step-by-step please?
Image Image

Get 2GB of free online storage with Dropbox! http://db.tt/qC8oAm2C The easiest way to share files between all your computers and smartphones as well as your friends!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

lonewolf147 wrote:Up to help a noob out with your macro's for this?

I love this idea and have many uses for it on my current campaign. Just to get the hang of what you're doing I downloaded the campaign file you attached. When I open it, the pads (intra and inter) all work perfectly.

Looking at your implementation section in your first post, it was easy enough to set up the token type. The second section talking about Edit Macro is where I'm totally lost. Where the heck do I go to get to the referenced onSomething you have? I've looked in your campaign file and there are no macro's listed in any of the three macro fields. There is nothing I can find in the properties of any of the tokens that are related to macro's.

I tried to copy and past new pads from the current ones on the map (they numbered appropriately, PadStart 6 and PadEnd 6, but when I move a token onto them, they don't work. I even deleted some of the other pads and renamed my newly pasted ones to Pad* 3, but still no luck.

Can you spell this out for me step-by-step please?
Ok its always difficult to derive what's going wrong from ones post. But it looks like you forgot to select (mouse click on) the ontokenmove token.
If you look at the screenshot in the OP you see a token with a Wolf, select that token and then look at the 'selection' panel. There are the macros im referring at.

Post if you get stuck again.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

This is pretty cool and I like it!!!

One significant functionality issue is support of the Initiative Panel. The IP is map based, so if you move a token from one map to another, it will be automatically removed from the IP of the initial map, but you must programatically add it to the IP of the target map.

Basically you need to capture the token's initiative (or the fact that it has none) and then set that initiative once the token is on the new map.

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

wolph42 wrote:Ok its always difficult to derive what's going wrong from ones post. But it looks like you forgot to select (mouse click on) the ontokenmove token.
If you look at the screenshot in the OP you see a token with a Wolf, select that token and then look at the 'selection' panel. There are the macros im referring at.

Post if you get stuck again.
Ok, makes MUCH more sense to me now. I just didn't know where to look for those macros. Thanks.

So then, here's where I'm at. I created a blank campaign with two levels. Grasslands and Plains, just like in your sample. I went through the actions to configure it, and what do you know... it worked!

Excited by this I went to my current campaign and did the same thing. But alas, no luck. I'm wondering though, there might be an issue with my Map Names for each level. They are all pretty long, contain spaces, quotes, colons, etc. Here's some examples: Level 01: Lair of the "Dung Monster" -- Level 03: Beware of Purple Worms! -- Level 08A-6B: Xulux's Lair (Side View)

Those are the COMPLETE names of three of the levels. Think that's a problem? Any other info I can give you to help troubleshoot this?

One other thing I'm noticing... the tokX and tokY values for my test token never change when I move them around the map.
Image Image

Get 2GB of free online storage with Dropbox! http://db.tt/qC8oAm2C The easiest way to share files between all your computers and smartphones as well as your friends!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

lonewolf147 wrote:.....
Here's some examples: Level 01: Lair of the "Dung Monster" -- Level 03: Beware of Purple Worms! -- Level 08A-6B: Xulux's Lair (Side View)
I bet the map name with quotes in it is a trouble-maker. Try to never use special characters in names, and especially avoid quotes, double-quotes, apostrophe, aka anything that is used as a string identifier.

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

lmarkus001 wrote:I bet the map name with quotes in it is a trouble-maker. Try to never use special characters in names, and especially avoid quotes, double-quotes, apostrophe, aka anything that is used as a string identifier.
That did it. I removed all the extra characters INCLUDING spaces. Now it works just fine. :sigh: 25 level renames, here I come. :/
Image Image

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I was just about to concur but you checked it already. As for the tokx and y. Have you tried moving it then moving yout mouse away and then move over it again?

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

I did now... yeah, mouseover causes a refresh and the number DO update.

Thanks guys :)
Image Image

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Auto Teleport Pads (advanced) v10

Post by wolph42 »

Ok, based on the recent bug reports and questions I've updated the OP implementation section and fixed the bugs:

Change log for version 10
  • removed bug when removing the troll defender token
  • removed 'test' text output in multiple token move
  • tokens that have initiative keep that initiative when teleported to another map (tokens that are on the init. list but have no actual init. value are removed)
  • multiple interpads bug (flaw) has been fixed. Interpads DO NO LONGER WORK WITH CONSECUTIVE NUMBERS BUT WITH LISTS!! (read the updated implementation in this topic)

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

So here's my recent problem. I did get the pads to work on the same map. Now I'm working on the InterPads between maps. My tokens are transferred to the new map, but, the macro isn't getting the xy coordinents and is prompting me to enter them.
Image Image

lonewolf147
Cave Troll

Post by lonewolf147 »

Let me get back to you on that. My main campaign file is over 100mb. Let me create a sample campaign file to try.

EDIT: file attached
Attachments
Teleport Test.cmpgn
two level intermap teleport test campaign
(412.71 KiB) Downloaded 116 times
Image Image

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

well that took me a while. I figured it out and was about to tell you to rtfm, but then I noticed that the fm lacks this important point (i'll update it later): paired interpads must (also) have the same number!!

EDIT: ok, OP updated.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”