OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

Oryan77
Dragon

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.40 [FEATURE CHOIC

Post by Oryan77 »

Yes it did ask me about the version compatibility. But so did his last version of ontokenmove. MT still let me drop it on the map though.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Everything seems to be working now and upgrading to your new BoT seems to have fixed whatever issue I was having when using MT v1.4 with BoT v37o.

I noticed a token in the download folder called Token.VBL-Brush.rptok. Do I need that token on my start map? I've been using the VBL on Doors macro with BoT v37 and never had that token on my map. I couldn't find anything in your documentation that explained that tokens function. Is it needed for VBL stamps?

Rand
Kobold

Post by Rand »

When I use the PF framework integrated BoT animated doors feature together with a switch this odd problem arises:

Players click on the activation switch and get a prompt to put in values for the door animation (time etc) rather than a menu of like 'open the door, peek through key hole' etc.

Chat reads:
   Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h       Statement Body : bot_toggleDoor(mainDoor, closeEnough, operator, tokenList)
over and over these windows pop up:

Suggestions? :)

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Hi Wolph42, it's me again. :P

I had some free time and wanted to fix my token names. I tried to use your token rename macro but the character I am trying to change is the ; and your macro does not give that as an option to change even though the diagnose map macro identifies tokens with ; as a possible problem.

Would you want to add that character to your rename macro as an option to fix? Or better yet, wouldn't the macro be much more useful if it also included a text box where a user can type a character he wants to search for into the box similar to how you provide a text field in the "choose replacement" tab?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Hi, indeed I missed the semicolon somehow. I've added it including a 'free character' box where you can enter your own (including a warning ;).
Let me know if it works for you.

Version 40e

on first use the value for semicolon will not be initialised, resulting in a pop up. just click ok.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

I'm getting the "Value For charSemicolon" popup when I try using the macro after updating to the new BoT.

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

That worked without any issues.

One suggestion though. Can the "Pick Your Own" field also recognize multiple characters or spaces if entered?

For example, my token names look similar to this, "Man; Guy 1". If I need to change the ; to a _ then I do not need the trailing space after the ; any longer. So I would like to rename them to "Man_Guy 1" without losing the space before the 1. I tried typing ; and a space in the field but it ignores the trailing space that I typed.

I can also see situations where a user may want to remove or replace a string of characters. I tested this and you can add multiple characters as a replacement but you cannot change a string of characters. So say a user has tokens named "Bad Guy 1" and he wants to rename any tokens with "Bad" in the name and replace it with "Good". So it becomes "Good Guy 1". Or maybe he just wants to remove the word Bad and make the tokens says "Guy 1".

Also if you want to add a trailing space after a character you are adding, it does not recognize the space. So if a user wanted to change "Bad_Guy 1" to "Bad- Guy 1", it doesn't recognize the space after the dash.

And while I'm already giving suggestions, what about a feature for this tool where you can choose to only update tokens that are selected?

This macro could be very beneficial if the naming features were more robust like this! This could save me so much time fixing my maps.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

this macro was specially designed to do a massive amount of tokens and maps in a short time. The entire regex structure is based on that feature and only works when it works the way it works now...

what you want is of course also possible...but an entirely different function. Actually that would be the function that AM created for you. This line:

Code: Select all

[H, if(indexOf(token.name,";")+1): token.name = replace(token.name,"; *","_"); counter = counter + 1]
contains everything you need. Specifically this line

Code: Select all

replace(token.name,"; *","_")
replaces ; either with or without a " " for an _. You can change these values to what you like.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

i normaly would not bother you personally but i have not found what im looking for.
I use maptool with two computers one GM and the other is the group. I am looking for a way to move the entire party which is on one computer to another map after a door is opened, so i can make the halls on one map and place the rooms on there own map. is there a way to do this with bag of tricks?
So your direct question is: can I move the entire party to another map after a door is opened?
So you can then construct the map and then move them back again? After you're done?
Or is the hall on the other side of the door on the other map where you want to move them?

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Hey Wolph42,

I have made around 100 new state images for MT users which I will be posting up in a new thread soon. I tried to cover all of the 3.5 PHB spells that have not been created, along with some new conditions and class ability states.

I use the Disguise macro from the BoT quite often. I have a Disguise state that I use which activates whenever I use the disguise macro. Since the disguise macro is pretty much used for any sort of ability/spell that changes a token image, I have always used the same state image to show the token is using a temporary token image.

I am thinking about making new states to distinguish from Disguise, Alter Self, Polymorph, Wild Shape, Alternate Form, and Change Shape. I thought they might be useful to people.

This got me to thinking about your Disguise macro. Is there any chance you could add radial buttons to change a token's size within the Disguise macro? Perhaps within the Polymorph Table Images tab (or on the Disguise tab if that is more obvious to users)? I've attached an image that I Photoshopped as an example. I figured radial buttons are better than a dropdown menu to reduce the amount of clicks and carpel tunnel that users would be subjected too. :D
disguise macro.jpg
disguise macro.jpg (97.26 KiB) Viewed 1197 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

ok done. MT version 40f. Also fixed a bug in that function.

Note that the BoT is generic and it will thus NOT use D&D preset sizes, hence I did it differently.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”