OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.37 [MAP EDITOR]

Post by wolph42 »

Peregrine wrote:Just a quick note after having downloaded this, I noticed a few cosmetic errors.

In lib:OnTokenMove, the macro tooltip for "Toggle Door" misspells 'button' as 'buttong'. Additionally, the macros "Execute Event", and "Toggle Lock" also all have the same (misspelled) tooltip text as "Toggle Door" (Select a door (that has been initialized) and click this buttong to open or close it).

In general though, thanks for all your time and work spent on this!
thnx. updated in the last version. (f)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

updated bot with bot_snapToGrid function and a setting, with also snap2grid when you move a token.
Animation has been updated so it can now also move tokens smoothly (instead of per cell). This only works when (maptools) snap2grid is off, hence the two other additions to compensate.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

UPDATE:

Version 37i
- Fixed two bugs in the VBL stamp code
- Create a 'Set VBL Stamp' entry in the manual under UTILITY FUNTIONS.

TigrisMorte
Kobold

Post by TigrisMorte »

First: thanks for bag of tricks. very useful.
Second, trying to update but can't drag the rptok as it gives the slashed circle.
currently on V37a running under b90 w fix.

Please advise.

xlilcasper
Kobold

Post by xlilcasper »

Was upgrading from an older version (can't remember what version but I can check if needed. It ran on maptool v89). I removed the lib:OnTokenMove from the map and dragged the new one on. Clicked settings and I got error in body of roll bot_settings()

found the settings on the lib and clicked that one to get more info, error in body of roll onLineClients = listInsert(json.toList(bot_nslef()),0,"")

Any ideas what is wrong or who to fix it? working on updating my campaign files to v90.

*Edit*

Never mind I got it. If anyone else has this issue to fix it I saved the campaign, reloaded it, then clicked settings. All worked then.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

xlilcasper wrote:Was upgrading from an older version (can't remember what version but I can check if needed. It ran on maptool v89). I removed the lib:OnTokenMove from the map and dragged the new one on. Clicked settings and I got error in body of roll bot_settings()

found the settings on the lib and clicked that one to get more info, error in body of roll onLineClients = listInsert(json.toList(bot_nslef()),0,"")

Any ideas what is wrong or who to fix it? working on updating my campaign files to v90.

*Edit*

Never mind I got it. If anyone else has this issue to fix it I saved the campaign, reloaded it, then clicked settings. All worked then.
Yes after relaplacing a lib you always need to run onCampaignLoad. It does say so in the 'how to upgrade' section. Reloading accomplishes the same thing (actually it's better as it removes any previous defined functions from memory, although I never actually encountered an issue with that).

xlilcasper
Kobold

Post by xlilcasper »

Is there an easy way to turn a door into one that can be used by BoT with vbl? Any way to adjust a door so the bounding box is twice the size and the hinge is in the center? I am trying to work with some door icons I have downloaded.

Also any chance to get the vbl for doors to work with sliding doors?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

xlilcasper wrote:Is there an easy way to turn a door into one that can be used by BoT with vbl? Any way to adjust a door so the bounding box is twice the size and the hinge is in the center? I am trying to work with some door icons I have downloaded.

Also any chance to get the vbl for doors to work with sliding doors?
1. i use photoshop, but i guess gimp works as well. PS has the advantage of batch convert. If you have REALLY a lot of doors and no access to PS, send me e.g. a dropbox link to them and ill convert them for you.
2. ...?? i thought it worked for sliding doors. Check out the VBL map in the example campaign, there are sliding doors with vbl

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Hi Wolph, I just recently started trying to use v32 in my game and realized something that I did not catch before. I am getting several issues editing and moving tokens.

I believe it was you that helped problem solve the Summon Token macro for me a few years ago. The issue was that when I had the character "," (comma) in a token's name, for example "Devil, Pit Fiend", the Summon Token macro would not summon that token. So we determined that using a ";" instead kept there from being a conflict. For example, "Devil; Pit Fiend".

As I recently started importing my maps that were created from an older version of the BoT, I found out that I could not move many of the tokens that were on these maps when imported into my v32 campaign. I kept getting this error:

Code: Select all

Error in body of roll.
Statement options (if any): h 
Statement Body : switchToken(tok)
It took me quite a while to figure out what the issue was and I even tried setting up v37. I got no errors when using the Diagnose Map macro.

The issue is with tokens that use a semicolon ";" in the token name. Once I removed the ; it works fine without errors. Oddly, if I uncheck the "Visible to Players" in the token Config tab, the token will move without errors even with the ";" in the token name.

The problem is that I've made over 1000 tokens using the ";" and I would rather not have to edit them all again. Now it seems like both "," and ";" are not valid characters to use.

Another issue I am getting is with my token editor macro. It does some pretty basic edits like vision type and size and nothing complicated. The issues I see that stopped working in the token editor macro is when I change the vision type and death type (PC or NPC that changes whether you die at 0 or negative Con score). The macro works with some tokens and doesn't with others and I can't figure out why that is.

All of these worked fine with BoT v8.3 (yes, old I know). :D

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

The ; is most likely cause I introduced strprop lists somewhere down the road and they are locked to use ; . I can't change that as its a limitation of the the srtprop function. Fortunately it's very easy to rename 1000 tokens. (thats not a joke btw, it really is)

The macro issue is weird. Are you using json.sort in that one?

can you else link your campaign file here (e.g. through dropbox) and give me a step by step to reproduce...?

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

I'll see if I can send you a stripped down file once I get a chance.

So for the punctuation, we can't use a ; or a , in Token names? Yikes. That is pretty limiting.

How can I easily change a single character in the token name?

Oryan77
Dragon

Post by Oryan77 »

Here is a stripped down version of my BoT v32 campaign file:
http://www.rpglocker.com/DnD/Example_for_Wolph.cmpgn

You can stretch the Campaign window out horizontally so that the macro buttons line up properly. Just fit the window so the "Clear States" button at the top fits within the window and all other buttons will align.

Go to the Limbo map to find a token that I left there that will not update via my Token Editor macro on my campaign window. I have a dropdown on that macro for selecting vision type. The token property is set at Normal vision, and the Token Editor vision is set to Darkvision 60ft. The macro will not change the token property from Normal vision to any other vision in the macro.

I also have a Death Type dropdown on the Token Editor macro which is set at "NPC". If I change it to "PC" and exit the macro, it will still be "NPC" if I open the macro back up.

I also left the ; in the Token name so you can see that it won't move even though I guess that is expected behavior now. It seems kind of odd that we can't use punctuation characters like , or ; to properly label token names. I like to name them by creature type so they sort alphabetically in the Map Explorer window (Devil, Pit Fiend or Devil; Pit Fiend).

True_Hitoare
Kobold

Post by True_Hitoare »

Oryan77 wrote:How can I easily change a single character in the token name?
Make a macro with getTokens(), getName(), replace(), and setName(), then run it on every map. If you've got too many maps, add functions to switch through all the maps automatically, too.

For the example you've given of "Devil, Pit Fiend", I'd suggest changing it to something like "Devil - Pit Fiend".

But yes, commas and semicolons are common list delimiters, and are generally not a good idea to put in token names.

Edit by wolph42 (it pays to be a moderator): a simpler answer is on the next page ;)

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”