OLD Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks OLD

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's 'Drop-in' Bag of MT Tricks v.43 [EMBARKATION]

Post by wolph42 »

thats weird, I tested it in my end and after scaling the pads a bit up (roughly the equivalent of 'large'), the tokens started teleporting!

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Post by Holladerwaldelf »

i found the solution :-)
on the tokens that should be teleported 'snap to grid' has to be checked. then they are teleported even though the map is gridless.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

urgh...that was the first thing I did (almost unconsciously) when it didnt' work...and apparently immediately forgot that I did that...then I resized the tokens 'and it worked!!'

anyway, good you have it working!!

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Thanks again for all the help!

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Now i have a very strange problem...
After testing out the transport pads with and without grid i added a few new tokens and deleted some old ones. Now all of a sudden the 'summon token' macro gives an error:
java.lang.NullPointerException error executing expression abort(eval(inputStr))
It worked perfectly fine before. i did not change anything in the settings, i am pretty sure i only added some new (npc-)tokens and deleted (pc-)tokens... do you have any idea what i could have accidently have done?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

no clue, but you could at least run a diagnostic (one of the bot macros) and see if anything comes up. If that doesn't fix it, then pls share the campaign file once more and ill have a look.

Holladerwaldelf
Cave Troll

Cool, the 'diagnose maps' solved it. :D One new token had a "'" in its name...
Thanks again... At least i am getting to know maptool and your macros better :)

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

good to hear and yeah ' are a real pain, they can screw up things pretty badly, also in the macro code. They can even be (mis)used to trick maptool in allowing more than 2 code levels :D.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:Campaign file: Wolph42 - Bag of Tricks.cmpgn LIVE VERSION!
What do I do with this?
The campaign file contains everything from the screencasts and screenshots and you can use it to have a look or test things or see how its done if you don't get it to work. You can also use it as a base where you import your own maps into. Do note however that the 'distance per cell' is standard set to 1 (metric system: e.g. Dark Heresy) and not 5 (imperial e.g. D&D). This you can change through the settings.
'Live' means that when I'm making changes or creating something new I do that in this version and save it inbetween. This means that its possible to download this file while Im making changes.
If you have any questions... pls check the manual first (its on the lib:token) and if that doesn't help post in this topic.
Dead link.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

I've had good luck with Google Drive so far. (Except when saving from MapTool. If I try to save while it's doing a sync, it locks the file and I have to quit Drive to get it unlocked. Other than that, though, it seems to work pretty well.)

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Was looking at Nildik's Adventure Editor (which you call "Room Descriptions")... and noticed that he must have made a change after you incorporated it into the bot.

He added a couple supported tags:

<titlelink)</titlelink>
<infolink></infolink>

The infolink tag is for popping GM only stat block dialogs. The titlelink is for the title of the statblock dialog.

The titlink tag does not work in his version... but the infolink is useful.

Any plans to add that (and maybe fix the titlelink feature)?

And, while I'm mentioning it, I think some kind of easier data entry form to help more quickly build a "Room Description" would make this tool much better. As it is now you have to work inside the GM Notes section and cross-reference what tags you can use and how to use them by looking at the examples. So while it adds some nice features (quickly sharing images and text within specially tagged areas of GM Notes), it actually adds time to game setup. A smart data-entry form would fix that.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Full Bleed wrote:Any plans to add that (and maybe fix the titlelink feature)?
What i gather from his post is that he added those features to my rewrite of his original code. If that's the case then it should be a piece of pie to implement it .Just need to debug the titlelink.

as for your other request, can you describe an example of what that may look like?
Keep in mind that MT only supports html 4.2(?) which is old and a fn pain to work with.
E.g. if your thinking of a form where you can select text and click 'infolink' which automatically puts tags around if (or inserts those tags into the text) like in this forum then you can forget it as thats not supported. The only thing possible when clicking a button in the form is to add such a tag at the start or end of the text.

edit: got the update from nildik implemented, also checked the titlelink, but it appears to be working 'out of the box' so no need to debug anything.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

taustinoc wrote:I've had good luck with Google Drive so far. (Except when saving from MapTool. If I try to save while it's doing a sync, it locks the file and I have to quit Drive to get it unlocked. Other than that, though, it seems to work pretty well.)
What I'm aiming at is stable public links that don't go obsolete all of a sudden to files that are 'locally' stored (or in other words: automatically synced with the cloud).
Is that something that google drive supports/

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wolph42 wrote:edit: got the update from nildik implemented, also checked the titlelink, but it appears to be working 'out of the box' so no need to debug anything.
How are you testing this?

Open his sample campaign, select his "Main Entrance" example, click the "showGMSceen" (book graphic) macro from campaign macros, scroll down to "Nakpik stats (Click To Show)" and it produces a statblock dialog with the title name of "infolink".

That's not what the titlelink tag is supposed to produce.
as for your other request, can you describe an example of what that may look like?
Keep in mind that MT only supports html 4.2(?) which is old and a fn pain to work with.
E.g. if your thinking of a form where you can select text and click 'infolink' which automatically puts tags around if (or inserts those tags into the text) like in this forum then you can forget it as thats not supported. The only thing possible when clicking a button in the form is to add such a tag at the start or end of the text.
I find forms in MT a pain to work with so I'm not sure what you can and can't do... For example, I didn't know you could put in the zoom buttons Nilkdik used in the image windows. So I don't know how much easier a good form could make the process. ;)

I can build a hacky input with Tabs for each type of field that looked something like this:

Tab 1) 5 Share links (Header & Text fields)
Tab 2) 5 GM Text fields
Tab 3) 5 Table Image Inserts
Tab 4) 5 Weblink Image Inserts
Tab 5) Info Link Text with a Title Link field.

I think that there can be only 1 titlelink field given the way it attempts to replace the field and use it for the infolink text window so that tab would only have one (like I said, I can't get it to work as written.)

And, of course, there would need to be a Sort field for each grouping so that it would put it all together in the right order.

At any rate, I figured that a form might be better at doing something like that... but, like I said, I don't know what the limitations are. This may very well be something that would be much better as an actual MT token feature rather than a hacky macro add-on.

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”