[Drop-In] [aliasmask]Disguise: Save/use multiple tkn images

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

aliasmask
RPTools Team

[Drop-In] [aliasmask]Disguise: Save/use multiple tkn images

Post by aliasmask »

This is a variation of something I did earlier, but allows more than 3 images to be saved. Only the asset id is saved, so if your asset cache is cleared, then the images won't be there anymore. Also, if you use the token on a different machine, the assets "may" not be there. If those two machines shared a campaign and you used multiple images (which transfers the asset to the other machine) then some or all could be saved on second machine.

Another way to share assets is with using the same repository either via a url or a zipped file on local machine.

Features:
  • Clicking the "Use Disguise" button will add the current token image to your disguise list.
  • Changing your image and clicking the button again will add a new image to list.
  • A list will be shown for all the possible images you have loaded.
  • You have the option to Change or Delete an image from your list.
  • On the lib file, if you click "autoDisguiseButton" a text box will appear with a token property you can add to your Campaign Property token properties to automatically add the "Use Disguise" button to tokens.
    • autoDisguiseButton property is cleared once the macro button has been put on the token. If you delete the button, the button will not reappear.
    • If you want the button to reappear, then impersonate your token and use the following code in your chat

Code: Select all

[resetProperty("autoDisguiseButton")]
  • You can drag macro to Campaign macro window for all to use instead of using autoDisguiseButton (recommended).
  • This lib will not resize or change any stats.
I may decide to have a master list of images in the future saved on the lib token which any other can access, but that would be more of a polymorph kind of situation and this is mostly for quickly changing outfits or mimicking change self ability.

Newest Version: Disguise 1.0a (b88 fix)
Attachments
Disguise v1.0.rptok
MT version 1.3b70
(43.74 KiB) Downloaded 323 times

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: [aliasmask] Disguise: Save and use multiple images for t

Post by aliasmask »

[RESERVED]

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I just added this to my campaign and the players really like it. If for nothing else, just so your character can have a different token, set of clothes... whatever without the hassle of searching for your alt images.

Malekith
Giant

Post by Malekith »

Awesome AM!
This is something I've been hoping for for a while, it shall be put to good use :D
Then feedback any bugs (though knowing you I doubt I'll find any that aren't user error xD)

Mal
Mal

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

Brilliant work, I love the utility of this. Is there any way to change the drop-down menu into something that doesn't automatically size to the height of the screen? I was planning on using this to create a generic townspeople token and store a few dozen different images on it so I can just modify copies to look like unique NPCs, but I can't seem to see more than six or seven at a time.

EDIT: Maybe there's some sort of option to add a scrollbar to the list of token images? It doesn't even display one when I change the ICONSIZE in the code, but it automatically adds a scrollbar to text lists.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Changing the ICONSIZE to 40 will make the images the same size as the chat icons. I just used the dropdown for convenience but I can display them in an image grid. How many images do you think you'll have? Originally, I would have you add a label when adding an image, but I simplified it more to not include that. Is that something you would want to see as well? I can get really fancy and have a grid with clickable labels to change the image and a mouseover will show the image in a larger size.

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

aliasmask wrote:Changing the ICONSIZE to 40 will make the images the same size as the chat icons. I just used the dropdown for convenience but I can display them in an image grid. How many images do you think you'll have? Originally, I would have you add a label when adding an image, but I simplified it more to not include that. Is that something you would want to see as well? I can get really fancy and have a grid with clickable labels to change the image and a mouseover will show the image in a larger size.
Ooh, the fancy option sounds awesome. I'm probably not the typical user for this macro, but I was going to add LOTS of token images. I like to have things as easy to customize in the future as possible so having generic NPC tokens preloaded with all my human token images would save me having to dig through folders for the right ones. I was going to do something similar for other races, goblins, kobolds, lizardfolk, so that social encounters or mass combats can be more colorful. I'll try that ICONSIZE SETTING and see how many more I can squeeze onto a screen in the meantime.

Soultroubadour
Cave Troll

Post by Soultroubadour »

Hey Aliasmask- Im having some issues implemeting Disguise. Do I just drag and drop the .rptok file into maptool from its file location?
This makes a big red 'X' token. lol how do you drive this thang?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

It's like any other token. Shouldn't have a red X for the token image. Did you drag/drop, cut/paste, or load from token library?

I just loaded it in to a blank campaign, clicked the onCampaignLoad button. Dragged the Use Disguise button to Campaign Window. I then created another token, clicked Use Disguise (that adds the image). I change the token image with a library image and clicked Use Disguise again (that adds a new image). I can then select from either image now with the Use Disguise button.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I was wondering. Why don't you use table images in stead of the assets? Granted it's slightly more work to embed th pictures but it is more robust. Possibly both options?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

wolph42 wrote:I was wondering. Why don't you use table images in stead of the assets? Granted it's slightly more work to embed th pictures but it is more robust. Possibly both options?
I think it's more robust the way it is. It's more portable with tables. But then again, I wouldn't want other ppl to have access to images that don't belong to them. You couldn't prevent that with a single table shared by all.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

aliasmask wrote:
wolph42 wrote:I was wondering. Why don't you use table images in stead of the assets? Granted it's slightly more work to embed th pictures but it is more robust. Possibly both options?
I think it's more robust the way it is. It's more portable with tables. But then again, I wouldn't want other ppl to have access to images that don't belong to them. You couldn't prevent that with a single table shared by all.
Good point. But the how do you solve the issue with asset strings that tend to change?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Something I recently came to realize when importing tokens with saved assets to a campaign without those assets. The Player will see the image just fine, but everyone else will see the big red X. This just means you have the asset on your computer, and the others don't. What you can do is drag the image from your library on to the map. The asset will be copied to the other users and your red X is replaced with the proper image. You can now delete the dropped image or have the DM make an image token out of it and move it to an appropriate area. Doing that will assure the image is available to any new users. I'm not sure if the DM asset cache would be transferred, but I'm guessing it's not.

What you could also do is create your own online repository of images, then give that to your DM to add to the campaign repository. You can create one of those by dropping a bunch of images on a map, then using the export feature to create a Campaign Repository File. Then upload that file to the web. I use sugarsync and dropbox to get free online storage (5 and 2 GB respectively). The best part about giving out a repository file link with those sources is that you can later update it and the campaign will be updated automatically without GM intervention (assuming you replace the file with the same named).

Admittedly, I think a repository is a bit of an overkill, but that will assure your images will be seen by all with the least amount of GM manipulation.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I'm not sure if the DM asset cache would be transferred, but I'm guessing it's not.
I'm not sure what this is asking. Images from the server are only sent to the client when the client asks for them. If the client never asks, the image is never sent.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:
aliasmask wrote:I'm not sure if the DM asset cache would be transferred, but I'm guessing it's not.
I'm not sure what this is asking. Images from the server are only sent to the client when the client asks for them. If the client never asks, the image is never sent.
Well, here's the scenario I envision. DM starts a server. Client 1 connects. Client 1 adds a token. Client 1 uses a saved asset value that is stored on Client 1 using Disguise. DM does not have image in his library. Client 1 sees the new token image, DM sees a red X. Client 1 drops the image from his library on to map. DM now gets the asset image transferred to him and his cache. Client 1 deletes unwanted image. Client 2 connects to server.

Does Client 2 see a red X or is the image transferred from the DMs cache?

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”