Wolph42's drop-in Dungeon Builder v1.6

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's drop-in Dungeon Builder v1.4

Post by wolph42 »

Great news Drow has created an export function in his dungeon builder which can be pasted straight into this tool. With this you can create random dungeons in Maptool in a matter of minutes!! Here's the linkto his website.

Version 1.4
Lost most of my log and also track of what i was doing but this is what I remember:
  • lots of extra material added
  • split up the floor and atmoshphere build, this means it will take longer but the arrangement problem (floor to the back) is solved with this.
  • extended the settings for wallitems with layer (didn't work), size and rotation (be prudent in their use though!!)
  • menu settings of build dungeon are saved
edit: hmm ninja'd by a drow...
Last edited by wolph42 on Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

While playing again with this wonderful tool I have one tiny request.

Would it be possible (and i think so, since Wiki: copyToken() would support it) to make it possible to specify a graphic source map in the settings - and so make the building process work cross map? So I wouldnt have to delete any stuff, just create a new map, fire up the rendering, export and voila. Done in seconds without any clutter.

Ah ... and I will probably make me some open/close macros on the (source) doors for very easy handling.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

CoveredInFish wrote:
Would it be possible (and i think so, since Wiki: copyToken() would support it) to make it possible to specify a graphic source map in the settings - and so make the building process work cross map? So I wouldnt have to delete any stuff, just create a new map, fire up the rendering, export and voila. Done in seconds without any clutter.
?That is one hell of a cryptic request, but after reading it 5 times I think I get what you want. Nice idea, will look into it. Reading the wiki though: I think so indeed.
Just to be sure: you mean that you copy the source token NOT on the current map where the source tokens are located but to another map, which already exists, but needs to be specified in the settings.
CoveredInFish wrote:Ah ... and I will probably make me some open/close macros on the (source) doors for very easy handling.
Nice idea, when you've done that can you attach the tokens to this topic?

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

And it has read so clear to me :oops: Probably I'm even sicker than I thought.

Let my try again...

Currently there must be all graphic objects (used to render the dungeon) on the same map than the rendered dungeon shall appear.

I'd like it that I can switch to a new empty map and create the dungeon there. But for that the source map for copyToken() calls must be set properly - hence the settings entry.

I'm aiming for this workflow:
1) open dungeon builder cmpgn file
2) create a new, empty map
3) switch to that map
4) create the dungeon there
5) export map

Hope I made myself more clear this time.
Wolph42 wrote: Nice idea, when you've done that can you attach the tokens to this topic?
As long as I come around with something useable it'll be a pleasure to share.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Nothing is ever as easy as it seems.
It seems that when you set a lib property while the lib is NOT on the current map, the lib token is duplicated to the current map. I call that a bug and will report it as such. Anyway: CIF's request can be downloaded here:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9052014/Dungeon ... 1.4a.cmpgn
Note that you must move the lib token to the map where you want to render the map, or you'll get an error...

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

Thanks for the quick work. lets hope this bug get fixed, it sounds like it would be a major annoyance for every framework/multiple map gaming situation.

Edit: works fine in b81. Great!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Wolph42's drop-in Dungeon Builder v1.5

Post by wolph42 »

ok version 1.5 is up now. The rendering can now take place on any map. In the settings you can set where the lib token (and source tokens) reside. Defaults to "Dungeon Builder" map.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Wow, this is impressive! I tried it and it worked! Very little learning curve.

Great job to all people involved!
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

dorpond wrote:Wow, this is impressive! I tried it and it worked! Very little learning curve.

Great job to all people involved!
Good to hear and thank you!! I could not help but notice something cynical in the 'and it worked!', is your experience that it usually doesn't? :wink:

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Would it be possible to have the macro make the dungeon on a different map? This way it would be easier to export and place in a different campaign.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

neofax wrote:Would it be possible to have the macro make the dungeon on a different map? This way it would be easier to export and place in a different campaign.
haven't you read the changelog?

ziltmilt
Dragon

Post by ziltmilt »

Wolph, this is pretty interesting. Seems like this could be adapted for city maps, too, which would be really useful for superhero games. What do you think?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

yes, someone already mentioned to drow to drop the corridors in his donjon builder so you can use the export with my tool to create villages.
Without that you could e.g. add roofs either free size or very large and randomly distribute them over an area. together with some trees. Then the atmosphere tokens can be changed for shrubberies, dirt, feces, straw etc etc.
iow: feel free to set it up :mrgreen: if you need help, here I am!

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”