Wolph42's drop-in Dungeon Builder v1.6

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

edragon
Kobold

Re: Wolph42's drop-in Dungeon Builder v1.5

Post by edragon »

Hey all, this seems like a wonderful tool, however I am having a problem. I cannot get the tool to work, I am new to MT but I am wanting to use it for my rp's. I have never been good at making maps so I seen this tool and the abilty to have it work with donjon.

However when I hit the build dungeon, it says "unidentified function: setRegister" how do I fix this?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

-deleted earlier reply cause it was incorrect-

Edit: Ok I checked the campaign again (been awhile) and I think I know whats going on. My guess is that you either loaded the .rpmap file or the lib:token itself and did NOT run the onCampaignLoad thats on the lib:token. If you don't do that than all the user defined functions like 'getregister' are never defined and the system simply don't know them.

So either click on the lib:token (the Dungeon Builder token) and click on onCampaignLoad macro or save the campaign file and reload it. Ill update the OP.

edragon
Kobold

Post by edragon »

Thanks for the help, I have gotten your tool to work. and I love it Thanks for all the work, and thanks to Drow for his site.

edited for the typonese of site/sight :D
Last edited by edragon on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

edragon wrote:Thanks for the help, I have gotten your tool to work. and I love it Thanks for all the work, and thanks to Drow for his sight.
you're welcome. and I guess you mean 'site' or at least his 'vision' :P

Surrealistik
Kobold

Post by Surrealistik »

Hope Drow comes up with adjustable corridor sizes; having them all have 5 feet of width makes it too easy to trap/be trapped/bottle neck.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Surrealistik wrote:Hope Drow comes up with adjustable corridor sizes; having them all have 5 feet of width makes it too easy to trap/be trapped/bottle neck.
ask him

edit: though you could:
1. render a dungeon
2. load in the builder tool
3. render the graphics
4. export using the export screenshot tool (or whatever its called)
5. load the exported image back into MT on the background
6. stretch the image so you get 10ft corridors (or more).

Narcio
Kobold

Post by Narcio »

I've discovered your tool recently. Seems really useful and its been working great for me so far.

I don't think your tool currently does this, but is it possible for your tool to set up the visibility blocking layers over walls / doors in the map rendering process? I had a look at the documentation wiki function list, and I'm guessing the answer is no, since I didn't see any functions that looked like they allow VBL manipulation.

Stormthirst
Kobold

Post by Stormthirst »

Kudos to both Wolph42 and Drow for making some awesome software!

Here's a couple of suggestions for future development:

1) Adding a switch to the Build Dungeon, that automatically adds VBL to the walls and doors of the dungeon.
2) Incorporate Drow's algorithms into Build Dungeon.

Doing #2 first might actually make #1 easier. Unfortunately I don't know anything about Java programming otherwise I'd attempt it myself.

Keep up the good work both of you!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

I would love auto VBL in MT but currently it's not supported and it may be a while before it is. As for implementing drows algorithm straight into map tools I think thats one step too far and is beyond the functionality that MT should offer.

Anyway thanks for the compliment.

Sydious
Giant

Post by Sydious »

Wow.

I stumbled upopn donjon's dungeon generator one night.

I also briefly glanced at this post right when I discovered maptool.

I had donjon in my favorits and took a peak at it since I'm about to start running a game. I saw the map TSV button, and thought "Huh.....where did I see TSV used?.... oh ya...that Wolph42's Dungeon Builder..."

So I though I was creative and came here looking again.
Low and behold....donjon put that button there for this purpose. How awesome is that!

It should get intigrated into Maptool as a standard feature.

I must say I am glad I found RPTools! And to top it all off people like Wolph42 make things like this! There just isn't enough hours in the day. This adds some of those hours back!

Thanks for the efforts!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Sydious wrote:Wow.

I stumbled upopn donjon's dungeon generator one night.

I also briefly glanced at this post right when I discovered maptool.

I had donjon in my favorits and took a peak at it since I'm about to start running a game. I saw the map TSV button, and thought "Huh.....where did I see TSV used?.... oh ya...that Wolph42's Dungeon Builder..."

So I though I was creative and came here looking again.
Low and behold....donjon put that button there for this purpose. How awesome is that!

I must say I am glad I found RPTools! And to top it all off people like Wolph42 make things like this! There just isn't enough hours in the day. This adds some of those hours back!

Thanks for the efforts!
Thanks for the welcome words! Keeps me going.
I have to say though that with:
I whole heartedly have to disagree!
I firmly believe in standalone specialized tools that where possible and necessary are linked to each other in a smart way. When you start integrating software that starts to deviate too much from the core, focus will start to delude strongly and you end up with a very broad piece of software that isn't really good for anything. Another example of this type of link you can find in this tutorialI made to link my framework to a charactersheet generator so I don't have to focus on that part.

Nonetheless, mucho thanks for the kinds words!

Sydious
Giant

Post by Sydious »

I have seen some Maptool macro/utilites that take copied data from a PDF and when pasted into a testfield, populate stats for the token.

I see that Donjon's generator sort of has a string of stats. Has anyone done anything like the above mentioned macros to handle these strings?

Not sure if the string is valid for MPTool to used copied right from the page.
Here is an example Monster string from a generated dungeon:
1st level warrior drow: CR 1 (see text); Medium humanoid (elf); HD 1d8; hp 4; Init +1; Spd 30 ft. (6 squares); AC 16 (+1 dex, +4 chain shirt, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 15; Base Atk +1; Grp +2; Atk +3 melee (1d6+1/18-20, rapier) or +2 ranged (1d4/19-20, hand crossbow); Full Atk +3 melee (1d6+1/18-20, rapier) or +2 ranged (1d4/19-20, hand crossbow); Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Poison, spell-like abilities; SQ Drow traits, spell resistance 12; AL NE; SV Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1*; Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 10
can that string be used or turned into a Json or something that Maptool can use? (Sorry for my ignorance)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Sydious wrote:I have seen some Maptool macro/utilites that take copied data from a PDF and when pasted into a testfield, populate stats for the token.

I see that Donjon's generator sort of has a string of stats. Has anyone done anything like the above mentioned macros to handle these strings?

Not sure if the string is valid for MPTool to used copied right from the page.
Here is an example Monster string from a generated dungeon:
1st level warrior drow: CR 1 (see text); Medium humanoid (elf); HD 1d8; hp 4; Init +1; Spd 30 ft. (6 squares); AC 16 (+1 dex, +4 chain shirt, +1 light shield), touch 11, flat-footed 15; Base Atk +1; Grp +2; Atk +3 melee (1d6+1/18-20, rapier) or +2 ranged (1d4/19-20, hand crossbow); Full Atk +3 melee (1d6+1/18-20, rapier) or +2 ranged (1d4/19-20, hand crossbow); Space/Reach 5 ft./5 ft.; SA Poison, spell-like abilities; SQ Drow traits, spell resistance 12; AL NE; SV Fort +2, Ref +1, Will -1*; Str 13, Dex 13, Con 10, Int 12, Wis 9, Cha 10
can that string be used or turned into a Json or something that Maptool can use? (Sorry for my ignorance)
Yes, but you need to be using a FW. If you use Lindsays 3.5/Pathfinder FW, that can be converted with the Statblock2Token macro.

Demiurge
Kobold

Post by Demiurge »

I can't get maps to render correctly. For example, the default map in the "Paste Map" box:

Code: Select all

DB				
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F	F
WB	DB	WB	WB	DB	WB	WB	WB	WB
B	B	B	WL	F	WR	B	B	B
F	F	B	WL	F	WR	B	C	B
B	B	B	WL	F	WR	B	B	B
B	B	WB	WL	DB	WR	WB	B	B
WT	WT	WR	WT	F	WT	WL	WT	WT
F	F	DR	F	F	F	DL	F	F
WB	WB	WB	WL	F	WR	WB	WB	WB
F	F	WR	LL	F	LR	WL	F	F
F	F	DR	F	F	F	DL	C	F
C	F	WR	LL	F	LR	WL	C	F
F	F	DR	F	F	F	DL	S	F
F	F	WR	LL	F	LR	WL	C	F
F	C	DR	F	F	F	DL	F	F
F	C	WR	LL	F	LR	WL	F	F
F	F	DR	F	F	F	DL	F	C
F	F	WR	LL	F	LR	WL	F	F
F	C	DR	F	F	F	DL	C	F
F	F	WR	F	F	F	WL	C	F
F	S	DR	F	F	F	DL	F	F
C	F	WR	LB	F	LB	WL	F	F
When I click on "Build Dungeon" I get this:

The interior walls and doors do not show up. What am I doing wrong?
Find me on the Google+

My GM badges
ImageImageImageImage
Get yours here

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”