[Drop-in] Jamz & W42 - Dungeon Builder 2 (v1.5)

These are tools and utilities that make it easier to run games. This includes Lib: macro tokens dropped into MapTool to manage the game, a conversion file for CharacterTool to allow use in MapTool, or just about anything else you can think of -- except graphics with macros and anything specific to a particular campaign framework. Those are already covered by the Tilesets subforum and the Links and External Resources forum.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice

RPTroll
TheBard

Re: [Drop-in] Jamz & W42 - Dungeon Builder 2 (v1.5)

Post by RPTroll »

Woot!
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

teamcoltra
Kobold

Post by teamcoltra »

Is there some kind of tutorial for this? Your version 1 had a tutorial but even then I didn't quite follow it. I get the basic premise, create a TSV file and import it and it will generate a dungeon but I guess I can't figure out how to actually do the step: TSV File -> Map Is Created I don't know where to put the text or import or whatever. I am new to MapTools for doing anything more than just drawing my own maps real fast so bear with my slowness on this.

Thanks for your help!

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

there's a manual linked in the first post. btw the tsv file you're talking about is dungeon builder 1. This is dungeon builder 2. don't mix them up.

this builder:
create new map
click the button ' new dungeon' or 'random dungeon',
edit the result (or not)
click submit changes
done.

teamcoltra
Kobold

Post by teamcoltra »

Is the manual at dundjinni? because that link is broken the forum was down all yesterday and seemingly today. The only other manual I saw was for tile creation.

So I open the campaign ("Dungeon Builder 2") for v2 in the Nerps MapTool.

I get an array of tiles that looks like: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ccsy1mxsa2dhg ... 8.png?dl=0

Next I click "Map" > "New Map" which gives me the default grasslands map. The various options on this do not seem to give me any options like "new dungeon" or "random dungeon" so I just create a new grasslands map.

Is there a macro button somewhere that I am missing?

teamcoltra
Kobold

Post by teamcoltra »

Okay so I figured out that it's on the campaign window which I had to open... now this is all making sense! Sorry!

now when I try to generate a random dungeon I get

"Tiletype: t10000001 does not exist" but I am sure I can figure this out, thanks for the help.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

teamcoltra wrote:Okay so I figured out that it's on the campaign window which I had to open... now this is all making sense! Sorry!

now when I try to generate a random dungeon I get

"Tiletype: t10000001 does not exist" but I am sure I can figure this out, thanks for the help.
indeed, i was just about to answer with 'campaign panel'. The error you mention should not happen, can you elaborate on what you did?

Return to “Drop-In Macro Resources”