Feature suggestions

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

brisingre
Dragon

Feature suggestions

Post by brisingre »

I have three things to suggest: First, it would be nice to be able to add new default dice. Second, I would like to be able to rename the 'rool button on tabs. Third, would it be possible for this to project it's results into the maptool chat?
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

Emryys
Dragon

Re: Feature suggestions

Post by Emryys »

brisingre wrote:Third, would it be possible for this to project it's results into the maptool chat?
This would probaby be the most useful, especially if you could store text macros to put the dice rolls into...

"Emryys the Giant strikes the Kobolds rolling (1d20) for 19, a critical!"
Game On!

train850
Kobold

Post by train850 »

All I have is a temporary solution for you, just modify to suit your current dice needs. http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2396

Mychael
Kobold

Post by Mychael »

A suggestion to improve the user friendliness of the app and make it more versatile at the same time... get onto the Android market and search for "Dice bag" by droidhut. It is incredibly simple and has great flexibility (ability to roll x dice and keep y, exploding dice etc).

dUc0N
Kobold

Post by dUc0N »

Hi,

What about being able to specify a threshold for dice rolls? For example, any of the d6 that I roll are bold and blue if they're a 5 or 6, or bold and red if they're a 1. That's the only missing feature that would make DiceTool great for Shadowrun games.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

dUc0N wrote:Hi,

What about being able to specify a threshold for dice rolls? For example, any of the d6 that I roll are bold and blue if they're a 5 or 6, or bold and red if they're a 1. That's the only missing feature that would make DiceTool great for Shadowrun games.
This is theoritically possible by using javascript to make your own roller functions. There will likely never be anything built in to do something special formatting wise with specific formatting of specific dice rolls since that is too game specific. But now that I say that, I am thinking in my head of a few ways this might be possible...

I DO have plans to work on a new version DiceTool, but there are a lot of back end things to consider prior to a release that need to be discussed with the developers first so we have some consistent functionality across all applications. My goal would be 3-6 months for a next release of DiceTool that would be the first "development" version of the new DiceTool line.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “DiceTool”