Variables.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

Alkix
Kobold

Variables.

Post by Alkix »

I really like this tool, but one thing I would like to see changed is the way variables are used. I think each tab should have it's own variables to use. That way, given the way the example does things, we can use the variables to populate the stats of an object, and assuming there are different objects with the same types of stats, we'd want each object to have a different value.

Two creatures have a different Dex modifier, for example.

Also, it might be nice to have global variables as well as those non global variables (like all the variables now).

So, in DnD, i could have a seperate variable for each creatures Dex modifier, but use a global variable that would represent the affect of a bard in the party, which all creatures would use and could reference.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I think some of this is coming to map tool in the form of java script macros. If the character sheet (read stat sheet) tool ever comes into being, dice rolls modified off that content should be possible.

At least that's my hope. :-)
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Kuprin
Kobold

Post by Kuprin »

I may be working on a quickie stat sheet extension in the next couple of weeks, so we might see a lot of progress soon...

Return to “DiceTool”