I have a noob question.

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

Ink
Kobold

I have a noob question.

Post by Ink »

Sorry if this is answered somewhere, I've been hunting around and haven't managed to find it yet and I'm not quite ready to download the program to answer this for myself since I'm not on my own computer. So here's my question. I was planning on using this program, the dice roller and everything. But does everyone get to see what we roll? I haven't played D&D in a really long time and I was never a pro at it, but I thought that having the results of our rolls be posted for the whole group would be useful.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: I have a noob question.

Post by aliasmask »

I recommend going through the video tutorials to see what can be done. There are a lot of advanced and simple features and it's up to you which to use. But, yes, you can display to whole group (default) or you can display to self, gm or specific players. The wiki has more on the specifics of programming macros and you can type /help to chat commands.

CoveredInFish
Demigod

Post by CoveredInFish »

There are video tutorials for DiceTool? :shock:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

CoveredInFish wrote:There are video tutorials for DiceTool? :shock:
If not, there should be :p (I did read "topic" and assumed MapTool)

So, in the new context, DiceTool is not networkable (MapTool dice functions are with a server running). There is also a user creation called dice box by Rumble used with MapTool. You can also read a review for DiceTool for more info.

Ink
Kobold

Post by Ink »

Thanks for your answer, I didn't even think of looking at the tutorials and now it seems a little obvious. I'm going to go check them out after posting this, so it may actually answer my next question but I figured I'd post it anyway while I have it in mind. I used to play a character that had a few special stats due to her backstory and I'm wondering if the RPTools content has a character that could easily accomidate that, or if anyone knows of a good 3.5E character generator that does?

Sorry for all the somewhat silly questions, I'm trying to set up a campaign myself with some friends online and I never really got to play D&D much, let alone DM, so I'm trying to find ways to make this as easy as possible.

Return to “DiceTool”