Unable to launch Dicetool (1.0.b34)

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

A2oe
Kobold

Unable to launch Dicetool (1.0.b34)

Post by A2oe »

I noticed there were multiple other threads on this subject, but I think this situatiion is a bit different. In my dicetool folder the JAR file is not symbolized by a coffee mug with wavy lines, but rather a notebook with the letter "A" on it. When I double click the file wodpad opens with a bunch of stuff in it. If anyone knows a solution to this problem please reply. :mrgreen:

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Unable to launch Dicetool (1.0.b34)

Post by wolph42 »

In that case its Linked to a text editor. You could reinstall Java. Else right mouse click, open with. And then look for javaw.exe.

A2oe
Kobold

Post by A2oe »

wolph42 wrote:In that case its Linked to a text editor. You could reinstall Java. Else right mouse click, open with. And then look for javaw.exe.
Strange, I re-installed Java to the latest version (v7.67) with no success, and when I right-click I do not have an option to "open with".

A2oe
Kobold

Post by A2oe »

wolph42 wrote:In that case. Use one of the bat. To start
I'm sorry I'm afraid I dont know what that is.

Vhex
Giant

Post by Vhex »

You should have an option to Open With, it's just usually under everything else instead of where you would expect it to be -- so look half way down the list that comes up when you right click. It has a right arrow beside it to expand the menu.

Barring that, Wolph is talking about the batch files (.bat) that are in the folder. I don't use dice tool so I don't know what it's called.

Lastly, you can also go into Control Panel and change your File Associations to associate it with javaw.exe (wherever that is on your computer). There are a few tools that will do this for you as well, or you could just try going to a command prompt and typing:
assoc .jar=jarfile
ftype jarfile="C:\Program Files\Java\jre\bin\javaw.exe" -jar "%1" %*

Of course, your java might not be in that location, so you may have to look around for it to get the file path.

Return to “DiceTool”