keep and explode Dice

Post by bobmarlone »

hi,
for a new game I need keep and explode dice :
6d10ke2 ==>
throw : 1, 4, 10, 3, 4, 8
I keep the 2 best ==> 10, 8 but the 10 explodes
so, the result is 10, 8 and 6.

I write the java code (under eclipse/SVN) but can I submit my modification ? (and how ?)

PS : thank's A LOT for the time you've spend to offer us these softwares, and please excuse my for my English.... I'm french.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: keep and explode Dice

Post by jfrazierjr »

bobmarlone wrote:hi,
for a new game I need keep and explode dice :
6d10ke2 ==>
throw : 1, 4, 10, 3, 4, 8
I keep the 2 best ==> 10, 8 but the 10 explodes
so, the result is 10, 8 and 6.

I write the java code (under eclipse/SVN) but can I submit my modification ? (and how ?)

PS : thank's A LOT for the time you've spend to offer us these softwares, and please excuse my for my English.... I'm french.
Thanks for the interest Bob. I have committed myself(I am taking over this for someone else who no longer has time commit to the RPTools project) to producing the next version of DiceTool and am mostly ready to go, but there are some preliminary items that must occur before I can begin coding the next version of DiceTool.

Currently, the RPTools team as a whole is working on some foundational code/libraries for the next version of the tools and the expression parser and dice roller(not DiceTool itself, but and underlying library that all tools will then use for consistency) are in the architecture/development phase. Unfortunately, what the means for you is that I can't accept a patch right now until we have a more solid set of base libraries AND in all likelihood, your implementation will not be compatible with the new API being worked on.

Also note, the current release version of DiceTool available for download(on the RPTools site) is NOT the same as the current svn/trunk(which has a unfinished broken feature that won't even let the code build.) I will be basing my updates starting from the version of DiceTool that matches the released build which is available in svn/tags (forgot the tag name.) ie, the stuff in svn/trunk will be thrown away and replaced.

If you PM me, I will try to remember to keep you informed once that work is complete so that you may re-implement if you desire, though be aware that this may be a number of months down the road... I have some plans for DiceTool that will both improve the existing functionality as well as possibly update the User Interface within the next 6-9 months or so(depending on when the team completes the underlying libraries of course!!)
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “DiceTool”