Client/Server Feature

Thoughts, Help, Feature Requests

Moderators: dorpond, Azhrei, giliath

gabyalufix
Kobold

Client/Server Feature

Post by gabyalufix »

One big thing that would make dicetool far more useful would be making run over the internet, with clients and servers like maptool (or perhaps integrated into maptool.

We could easily take this one step further: have all dicerolls be computed on the GM's machine. This stops clever billies from cheating, and also means the GM can "fake" rolls.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Welcome, gabyalufix. THis is on the list for sometime in the future, I think. People keep suggesting this, and I think it is a great idea. I dunno if it will happen anytime soon, though.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Re: Client/Server Feature

Post by trevor »

gabyalufix wrote:One big thing that would make dicetool far more useful would be making run over the internet, with clients and servers like maptool (or perhaps integrated into maptool.

We could easily take this one step further: have all dicerolls be computed on the GM's machine. This stops clever billies from cheating, and also means the GM can "fake" rolls.
This is definitely something that will happen. I don't know if DiceTool will get it's own network backbone, but instead will most likely piggy-back on MapTool's networking.

Do you plan on using MapTool, or use DiceTool independently ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

demonsbane
Cave Troll

Post by demonsbane »

I would love DiceTool can be run through internet or LAN (with the same server than the MapTool campaign) for complementing MapTool.

So we don't need to type again and again the /roll xdie-dice command :)

P.S.: And I guess this isn't the thread but, what's about a "ImageTool"? An app running through internet or LAN (with the same server than the MapTool campaign) for those GM wishing to show images to his players for enhancing the game?
Another idea: a "global start launcher" executing with a double click several RPTools apps, as MapTool, DiceTool, InitTool... All at once.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

demonsbane wrote:I would love DiceTool can be run through internet or LAN (with the same server than the MapTool campaign) for complementing MapTool.

So we don't need to type again and again the /roll xdie-dice command :)

P.S.: And I guess this isn't the thread but, what's about a "ImageTool"? An app running through internet or LAN (with the same server than the MapTool campaign) for those GM wishing to show images to his players for enhancing the game?
Another idea: a "global start launcher" executing with a double click several RPTools apps, as MapTool, DiceTool, InitTool... All at once.
\\

Being able to server other files like images, sounds, and others, are definitely in the plan for MapTool. Look for it soon !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

/me tosses snickers to everyone.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “DiceTool”