States buttons

Please post questions that you think belong here in the parent forum for discussion first. Then use the "Report this Post" function to alert a moderator that the post/thread should be moved. Common thread examples should not include macro programming, but rather user interface issues or usability issues.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Forum rules
Do not conduct discussion here. Do that in the parent forum.
Dracomaxis
Kobold

States buttons

Post by Dracomaxis »

I have been fiddling with the states that I am using in my campaign and I noticed that I Can'thave more than 8 states avaliable to me at any given time even if I use the group setting. Is there any way to circumvent this or is there a bit of code I need to change to allow me to add more than 8 states at any given time? Thanks

mfrizzell
Dragon

Re: States buttons

Post by mfrizzell »

Do you mean 8 state applied at any given time or 8 states in your campaign?
I have about 40 states in mine and if you at any of the frameworks available you'll see they have more. I've never tried to apply 8 states to a given token before.
DCI/RPGA# 7208328396 Skype ID mfrizzell77
Characters:
Strabor - Dwarf Avenger 5th Level
Tikkanan - Human Warlock 2nd Level
----------------------------------------------------
"People are more violently opposed to fur than leather because it's safer to harass rich women than motorcycle gangs."

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Do you mean states displayed on your token? Yeah, you can change the state images to image grid with an 8x8 grid (64 total) but imagine that would be pretty small. If you currently use grid images with a 3x3, you should be able to have 9 states. If you need more than that, then bump up all the states to a 4x4 grid.

Dracomaxis
Kobold

Post by Dracomaxis »

No the total number of state tokens that I can make to show effects, marks, status of the player and such. I currently am able to edit and group 7 states in my 1.3.b70 maptool. This is undeer the campaign properties area under states. I can't seem to add more states than the 7 premade ones, though I can edit them to my heart's content.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You must type a name for the state, select the type, browse for image, click Add and most importantly click Okay at the end so all the changes are applied.

Return to “WIP - User FAQ”