PF statblock importer

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Deuterazamus
Kobold

Re: PF statblock importer

Post by Deuterazamus »

Yes, I mean no, I mean yes... I mean... I'confused! For all that is digital I can't find how to do it.
I use this fw so maybe something's different from yours because I just can't find how to have those trolls regenerate properly!
I see two macros regarding initiative: one rolls for the selected token and the other sorts and manipulates the round count. I use maptool built-in next button on the initiative panel to cycle through PCs and NPCs and nothing happens there...

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Deuterazamus wrote:Yes, I mean no, I mean yes... I mean... I'confused! For all that is digital I can't find how to do it.
I use this fw so maybe something's different from yours because I just can't find how to have those trolls regenerate properly!
I see two macros regarding initiative: one rolls for the selected token and the other sorts and manipulates the round count. I use maptool built-in next button on the initiative panel to cycle through PCs and NPCs and nothing happens there...
Ah, yes there is (out at least i have it, i have enhanced it but don't recall completely writing the macro, maybe i did?) Next Initiative macro.

It is important to use that and not the built in one on the panel. I will post what i have soon(tm). I have mine where not only does it check for regen, it makes stable checks, moves dead tokens, ticks down timers from spells like summon monsters, etc

You know, I will just post my campaign file later, probably easier. Most of these functions already existed, i just put them together and i forget what is custom and what isn't.
-Jamz

Deuterazamus
Kobold

Post by Deuterazamus »

If you'd be so kind to post your campaign I'd love to take a peek under the hood, thanks!

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OK, sorry for the long delay, work is heck lately and I needed to scrub a few things from the campaign before sharing, namely URL's I use to post XP and google drive importing of statblocks.

You'll want to look into the Initiative Macro (f4), the PF2StatBlock macro, as well as the properties required to support anything I added (I've added all my custom ones at the bottom).

I also have a large amount of Statblock changes as I rely on the token on hover mechanic to get me quick details during combat. I play Face to Face so most of my changes revolve around with info on token stats and combat management. I also started redoing all the Summon Monster/Ally tokens as well.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2c01YG ... sp=sharing

PS Some functions require my custom JAR to use, namely VBL macros. Take a look at Summon Spell Effect, Darkness, not only does it summon a token, it has a macro to draw/erase VBL around that token :)
-Jamz

Deuterazamus
Kobold

Post by Deuterazamus »

Thanks Jamz, there's so much goodness in that campaign!

Too bad work and other matters are absorbing all my time; so far I've only been able to open the campaign and spend a few minutes thinking how much I needed all the features you implemented (i.e Dead -> Object and Dead -> Token just to name one)!
I hope to find some more time tonight ;)

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Deuterazamus wrote:Thanks Jamz, there's so much goodness in that campaign!

Too bad work and other matters are absorbing all my time; so far I've only been able to open the campaign and spend a few minutes thinking how much I needed all the features you implemented (i.e Dead -> Object and Dead -> Token just to name one)!
I hope to find some more time tonight ;)

No problem. Most just stemmed from playing and needing a macro to speed up the game. And I liked that the stock campaign moved dead tokens to the object layer during combat, but afterwords it was a pain to reselect them to give XP etc.

Note: Next to the XP macro, there now is just a "select uncon" and "select dead", I use those, then use the "treasure" macro next to them for coin, then the XP macro which does the normal XP, but then puts a "XP" state on them and puts them back to the object layer.

So be sure to grab any new states I created as well, I use my own for dead, uncon, xp, init, summon (maybe a couple of others).
-Jamz

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Im using the 1.8 & 1.9 importers and for the life of me I cant get them to import anything from http://www.dinglesgames.com/, it does some of it but then dies when it starts looking at stats etc... Anyone else encounter this?

Below is an example I am attempting to import as a basic test
Spoiler
Goblin CR 7
XP 3200
Neutral Evil Small Humanoid
Fighter level 8 (skill points 16) Fighter
(Fighter )
Init +2; Senses Darkvision 60; Perception +1
DEFENSE
AC 17, Touch 13, flat footed 15 ( Leather, Shield, light wooden)
(+2 Dex, +1 size, +2 armour, +2 shield)
hp 68 (0d8+8d10+16+8);
Fort +8, Ref +4, Will +2
OFFENSE
Speed 30
Melee
Single Attack Morningstar +12 (1d6+4)
or Javelin +11 (1d4+2)
Full Attack
Morningstar +12/7 (1d6+4)
or Javelin +11/6 (1d4+2) range 30
Space 5ft.; Reach 5
Special Attacks
Weapon Training become proficient in a weapon group 1
STATISTICS
Str 15, Dex 15, Con 14, Int 11, Wis 11, Chr 6
Base Attack 8 CMB 9; CMD 21
Feats
Exotic Weapon Prof,
Lunge: -2 to AC for 5ft extra reach,
Power Attack: You can choose to take a -1 penalty on all melee attacks and combat maneuver checks to gain a +2 bonus on all melee damage rolls. Every +4 base atack penalty increases by -1 and damage by +2,
Step Up: Take a 5ft step as an Immediate action when foe steps back,
Weapon Specialization: +2 to damage rolls,
Armour Prof Heavy,
Armour Prof Light,
Armour Prof Medium,
Cleave: Get extra attack if hit monster to adjacent foe, -2 AC until your next turn ,
Great Cleave: Can make extra attacks to adjacent foes if you hit opponents can continue until you miss or no more within reach, -2 AC until you next turn ,
Martial Weap Prof,
Shield Focus: +1 AC when using a shield,
Shield Proficiency: Can use shields,
Simple Weapon Proficiency,
Tower Shield Proficiency: Can use the tower shield and suffer only normal shield skill penalties,
Weapon Focus: +1 to attack rolls
Skills Climb 2, Intimidate 8, Perception 1, Ride 15, Stealth 10, Survival 4, Swim 6
Languages Common, Goblin
ECOLOGY
Environment Temperate plains
Organization Band 10-100, Gang 4-9, Tribe 40-400
Treasure Standard
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Armour Training Reduced armour check penalty and increases dex bonus by 2
Bravery Save vs fear + 2
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

So using this sample Stat Block:

Code: Select all

Dire Wolf CR 3

XP 800

N Large animal

Init +2; Senses low-light vision, scent; Perception +10

Defense

AC 14, touch 11, flat-footed 12 (+2 Dex, +3 natural, –1 size)

hp 37 (5d8+15)

Fort +7, Ref +6, Will +2

Offense

Speed 50 ft.

Melee bite +7 (1d8+6 plus trip)

Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.

Statistics

Str 19, Dex 15, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10

Base Atk +3; CMB +8; CMD 20 (24 vs. trip)

Feats Run, Skill Focus (Perception), Weapon Focus (bite)

Skills Perception +10, Stealth +3, Survival +1 (+5 scent tracking); Racial Modifiers +4 Survival when tracking by scent
I'm trying to grab only the 24 in "(24 vs. trip)" after CMD.

I've tried this:

[H: id = strfind(statblock, "(.?[0-9]+) vs. trip")]
[H: statBlockTrip=getGroup(id, 1, 1)]
But it keeps grabbing the first parenthesis and returns: (24

I could replace the ( in the string, but I was hoping that there would be a better way to do it using regex commands.

Suggestions?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

Full Bleed wrote: [H: id = strfind(statblock, "(.?[0-9]+) vs. trip")]
You have parentheses only around .?[0-9]+
So when you return the match, it only returns that, which is (24

What you really want is "(\\([0-9]+ vs\\. trip\\)"

IIRC you need the two backslashes to escape the special characters correctly in maptool.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Dorn wrote:What you really want is "(\\([0-9]+ vs\\. trip\\)"

IIRC you need the two backslashes to escape the special characters correctly in maptool.
This is throwing an error for me and grabbing nothing.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

Full Bleed wrote:
Dorn wrote:What you really want is "(\\([0-9]+ vs\\. trip\\)"

This is throwing an error for me and grabbing nothing.
Sorry, missing a closing parentheses. "(\\([0-9]+ vs\\. trip\\))"

That's assuming you're only ever looking for the mod vs trip.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Dorn wrote:Sorry, missing a closing parentheses. "(\\([0-9]+ vs\\. trip\\))"

That's assuming you're only ever looking for the mod vs trip.
Thanks for the responses.

That works (like I suspect you expect it to work), but it's grabbing the entire bit:

(24 vs. trip)
I'm trying to just pull the 24 because it is being placed into a particular data structure.

My original expression grabbed:

(24
I want to exclude the parenthesis.

Dorn
Cave Troll

Post by Dorn »

Sorry, I misread. Just remove the .? from your original macro. It's exactly what's pulling the ( in

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Dorn wrote:Sorry, I misread. Just remove the .? from your original macro. It's exactly what's pulling the ( in
Yep, that's it.

Thanks.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”