Weapon Set up and Ranged Touch

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Paradox
Dragon

Weapon Set up and Ranged Touch

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay, this is not a bug, but more of a feature request.

If you have a low Strength Wizard, and you set up a Ranged Touch attack, it applies a Strength Penalty.

In most cases, that is the desired result, because if you're using a Projectile weapon it should be applying a strength penalty to the damage roll.

However... If you set up an attack for a Ranged Touch that is not based on a projectile weapon (like a Conjurer who has a Acid Dart special ability), you don't want to apply a Strength penalty.

Setting the Strength Cap to 0 doesn't prevent the penalty from being applied.

Perhaps something to consider in future iterations?

P.S. The easy work around is just to build the damage expression higher to make up for the penalty, but then the noobs get confused when they look at their tooltips and the damage expression is higher while at the same time they have a mysterious penalty. Then comes the inevitable, "But wait! That's wrong.. but.. but.. it comes out right in the end. I guess. I'm confused." :wink:
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Weapon Set up and Ranged Touch

Post by lmarkus001 »

Wimpy wizards should just die :-)

Noted, will see what I can do.

Paradox
Dragon

Re: Weapon Set up and Ranged Touch

Post by Paradox »

Good to see you!

Man, I'm glad to be working with your FW again. For all people talk of the 90 pages of posts they need to read, it's become second nature to me. Like an old familar car.

Keep on that Pathfinder Polymorph!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”