[MOD] Additional Conditions

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Imper1um
Cave Troll

[MOD] Additional Conditions

Post by Imper1um »

Since I've been working on Kingmaker, I've been making some new "updates" to make it easier for my campaign.

Here is a replacement for the modset list.

Mods added:

Instructions for Installation
  1. Locate Lib:GlobalsSRDPF (it's the blue 'Global' Token)
  2. Right-click > Edit
  3. Go to Properties
  4. Replace Property "TempModToggleSets" with the below code (in the text file).
Attachments
NewModSets.txt
(58.05 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Last edited by Imper1um on Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Paradox
Dragon

Re: Additional Conditions

Post by Paradox »

You rock! I'm running in about 60 minutes and I think I'm going to pop that bad devil in right now.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Not that I had any doubts at all, but I am pleased to report it appears to work just fine!

Thank you very much.. any more Mod Sets would be most welcome!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Thanks. :) I'm sure to test my stuff before I put it out there.

I'm wondering, what else are you looking for in Mod-sets? I was thinking about adding in Templates.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I'd like to see the spell sets filled out. Dazed and stunned come to mind right away, but just starting with 0-level spells and working up would be huge.

Thanks for the work on this, Zac. I'll have to see if I can't get these in there before the game tonight. 8)

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Azhrei wrote:I'd like to see the spell sets filled out. Dazed and stunned come to mind right away, but just starting with 0-level spells and working up would be huge.

Thanks for the work on this, Zac. I'll have to see if I can't get these in there before the game tonight. 8)
Spell sets?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Um, "mod sets for spell effects"? Is that better? ;)

As I mentioned, many of the spells have effects that haven't been turned into mod sets yet.

It would also be useful to finish up some of the feat support; Critical Focus, for example. But that requires changing the attack macro(s) since they don't currently look for the feat in the right place (i.e. when rolling to confirm a crit).

Arazyr
Kobold

Post by Arazyr »

I just plugged this into a couple of my campaign files, and it works great, except for one thing. When I press the "Mod Report" button, if I have the new Dazzled mod on, it reports Dazed instead. (Name and description.)

Except for that one minor bug, looks great!

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Well, I have a few projects on the table when it comes to Pathfinder Macros.

1. Getting a newer StrToToken Macro. I'm working on a more "modular" approach to S2T, also implementing HeroLab fixes.
2. I'm trying to get a Feat UI running, which will have all of the feats in the www.d20pfsrd.com. Most of the feats will not have functionality when implemented.
3. A Weapon-Set UI which is a little more robust and user-friendly, and uses Tables. :P
4. Back to Feats, implementing their functionality.
5. Modifying the Core to be a little more friendly to players and GMs alike.

All this is dependent on my time. :P

Zac

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: [MOD] Additional Conditions

Post by lmarkus001 »

Energy Drained is a tricky one that I consciously left out of the mod-sets and have kept the GM macro NegativeLevel. The primary issue is you can gain multiple Negative Levels.

As an aside, a spectre claimed 6 levels last Friday and the NegativeLevel macro works well with the Active-Mods...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

And IME negative levels tend to have house rules.

For example, IMHR the PCs get predetermined hit point amounts at each level, so instead of losing 5 hp for a negative level, they lose whatever hp they had gained at the most recent level. Otherwise negative levels hurt small dice PCs more than large dice PCs (d6's vs. d12's, for instance).

I'm actually fine with negative levels being separate simply because they don't happen that much anyway...

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

What I always find tricky is dealing with CON loss and gain or any temporary ability modifier.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Imper1um wrote:I'm wondering, what else are you looking for in Mod-sets? I was thinking about adding in Templates.

I am not sure how easy/difficult this is to implement..

..and it took me a few weeks to really think about what I would want...

... but stoneskin and protection from energy.

Stoneskin gets used in higher level Paizo APs all the time. It's a stock NPC spell. Protection from energy is not all the different from it, and I see it a fair amount of the time as well.

The question becomes the implementation, which would require some doctoring of the damage macro. Right now Lindsay's original awesome work does inquire about DR, and allows you to account for it.

To take it to the next level would be to have it inquire as to Caster Level, and keep track of how many points have been absorbed per round, until the spell is entirely consumed.

I once thought a Polymorph macro would be awesome, but practically speaking.. now that I am in Chapter Five of an Adventure Path, I would use some sort of stoneskin mod all the time.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

I actually haven't used the v05 yet, but I thought stoneskin and protection from energy was on there? I posted a mod update awhile ago for stoneskin and I thought he re-wrote that for v05. I made a half hearted attempt to do Protection from Energy and I had the fire version working until I made some more updates to do the others. I just need to complete the code to get it working again. My players have just been keeping track of their own spells and not really using the spell managers because of the weirdness of their characters and my magic system. That is why I wasn't motivated enough to finish it.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

If the characters use either Plothos or Wrathgon's Spell Manager, this can probably be done by using the globalMod formula box in the modset. I am not familiar with that spell, but the formula could be something like (CasterLevel)/X and then in the appropriate DR block put globalMod and then have a macro that runs to lower the Stoneskin HP by the damage if I understand you correctly. However, I do know that Aliasmask was working on this and then stopped as he started to run into speed issues and now I think he has figured out the speed issues as he is working on his Spell Library again.

@Aliasmask: Have you defeated this dragon? If so, could you school Paradox and myself? Thanks!

DARN! Ninja'd!

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”