[ADDON] [WIP] Rewrite of Statblock2Token Macro

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Imper1um
Cave Troll

[ADDON] [WIP] Rewrite of Statblock2Token Macro

Post by Imper1um »

All props go to Cosworth for making the macro in the first place.

This new set changes things a little.
  1. HD Support (No more CR 23, HD 23 Zombies, it correctly interprets HD)
  2. Herolab Fixes
    • Detected a bug when it comes to Magical Items and Stat Bonuses. It lists the base stat then magic after a /
    • Detected some issues with multiple attacks. Stupid "and" and when it uses "Shield, Heavy Steel" (shudders)
  3. Fixes for Statblock Weirdness
    • Fixed some weirdness when it comes to some Statblocks and Names.
    • Fixed some stupid weirdness when it comes to Statblocks using the longer negative (ASCII Code) rather than the Negative next to the zero (0) key. I blame Paizo.
    • Making sure that the SQ Field doesn't get too bad.
    • Fixed for when I'm looking at Herolab and non-herolab tokens.
  4. Detecting immunities to damage types and using '999'.
  5. Putting extra DR/ER it can't figure out into the DR/ER Notes
  6. Modular...easier to read!
  7. Nice little fixes for when a Statblock includes Rage in the statblock.
  8. Adding AC Bonuses to a Mod-set Group rather than the legacy code.
  9. Added in a debug option to allow popups which decrease debunking time. You can enable debugging by changing 0 to 1 when calling convertStatblock.
  10. Debug options! If you wish to enable debug mode, you just need to send 1 instead of 0 to the convertStatblock macro.
  11. Fixed if there is no subtype.
Changelog:
  • Aug 28, 2010: Fixed No Subtype sets.
  • Sep 26, 2010: Adding in fixes for <1 Saves.
More fixes will be added as I make them.

WARNING: At the moment, this does not parse the full token.

Parsing to Do:
  • Cleric Channel Energy
  • Vision
  • Racial Skills

Output to Do:
  • Attacks
  • Skills
  • Speeds
  • SQ/SA

Edit Token to do:
  • See above
Attachments
Lib_Statblock2token.rptok
Put this where you put your Libraries.
[UPDATED Sept 26, 2010, 9:20 AM]
(29.58 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
ConvertStatblock.mtmacro
Put this in your Campaign Macros.
[UPDATED July 15, 7:42 AM]
(941 Bytes) Downloaded 195 times
Last edited by Imper1um on Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:20 am, edited 15 times in total.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Re: WIP: Rewrite of Statblock2Token Macro

Post by Imper1um »

Perhaps someone can figure out why getRacialSkillsFromStatblock isn't working. I'm having a heck of a time trying to figure out why it's not working. Here's the statblock that I'm attempting to use with the macros:

Code: Select all

Aasimar 	CR 1/2
XP 200
Aasimar cleric 1
NG Medium outsider (native)
Init +0; Senses darkvision 60 ft.; Perception +5
 DEFENSE
AC 15, touch 10, flat-footed 15 (+5 armor)
hp 11 (1d8+3)
Fort +4, Ref +0, Will +5
Resist acid 5, cold 5, electricity 5
 OFFENSE
Speed 30 ft. (20 ft. in armor)
Melee heavy mace –1 (1d8–1)
Ranged light crossbow +0 (1d8/19–20)
Special Attacks channel positive energy (5/day, 1d6, DC 12); rebuke death (1d4+1, 6/day); touch of good (6/day)
Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st) 1/day–daylight
Spells Prepared (CL 1st)
1st–bless, command (DC 14), protection from evilD
0 (at will)–detect magic, guidance, stabilize
D domain spell; Domains Good, Healing
 STATISTICS
Str 8, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 14
Base Atk +0; CMB –1; CMD 9
Feats Turn Undead
Skills Diplomacy +8, Heal +7, Knowledge (religion) +5; Racial Modifiers +2 Diplomacy, +2 Perception
Languages Celestial, Common, Draconic
It uses the same macro function as the skills one, but it can't seem to pick up the skills and parse them out. There's something I'm doing incorrectly and it's staring me in the face, but I can't seem to see it.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It looks like the modifiers are in front of the skill name instead of after the skill name. Is that the issue?

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Yup. It is the issue. Thanks Azhrei.

pbrain
Kobold

Post by pbrain »

Really looking forward to this since the current Statblock2Token gives me an error for about half the things I try to import.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It would be good to actually report those issues so that proper solutions can be included. :)

In fact, it might be a good idea to build a bunch of statblocks that shold work so that the new macro can be tested against them. Then we could build that library of statblocks larger and larger and as changes were made to the macro the various statblocks could be retested to make sure the old ones still work.

(The programmers among us would call that "regression testing", but the non-programmers wouldn't know what that means so I spelled it out. 8))

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

I tested this tonight on the stat block for a Red Cap using the stat block on www.pathfindersrd.com and it failed to parse the listed DR 10/Cold Iron. Since DR is one of the things it's supposed to be doing correctly, I thought I'd mention it.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Can you provide the statblock so I can debunk this?

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

Imper1um wrote:Can you provide the statblock so I can debunk this?
Debunk away.
www.pathfindersrd.com wrote:Redcap CR 6

XP 2,400
Always NE Small fey (Pathfinder #4 pg 80)
Init +8; Senses low-light vision ; Perception +12
DEFENSE

AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+2 armor, +4 Dex, +3 natural, +1 size)
hp 60 (8d6+32); fast healing 3
Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +7
DR 10/cold iron
Weaknesses irreligious
OFFENSE

Speed 60 ft.
Melee scythe +10 (2d4+10) and kick +4 (1d4+6)
Special Attacks boot stomp
Tactics Lone redcaps try to wear down their opponents by using their boot stomp ability to make a series of hit-and-run attacks. Groups, however, are much more bold, swarming larger foes and slicing them to shreds with their terrible scythes. Bloodthirsty creatures, redcaps fight until they are barely able, fleeing only if reduced below 5 hit points.
STATISTICS

Str 18, Dex 19, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 15
Base Atk +4; CMB +7; CMD 21
Feats Cleave, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (scythe)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+27 jumping), Bluff +13, Climb +15, Escape Artist +15, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (nature) +14, Perception +12, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +19; Racial Modifiers +12 when jumping
Languages Aklo, Common, Giant
SQ heavy weapons, red cap
Gear Leather armor, Medium Scythe
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Boot Stomp (Ex)

A redcap wears heavy iron boots with spiked soles that it uses to deadly effect in combat. It can use its boots to make a secondary attack as part of a full attack action or can use them to make an attack as part of its movement just as if it had the Spring Attack feat. A redcap is only treated as having Spring Attack when attacking with its boots and no other weapon.
Heavy Weapons (Ex)

A redcap's powerful hands and arms allow it to wield Medium weapons without penalty.
Irreligious (Ex)

Bitter and blasphemous, a redcap cannot stand the symbols of good-aligned religions. If a foe spends a standard action presenting such a holy symbol, any redcap that can see the character must make a DC 15 Will save or become frightened for 1 minute and attempts to flee. A redcap who successfully saves becomes shaken for 1 minute.
Red Cap (Su)

A redcap wears a tiny, shapeless woolen hat, dyed over and over with the blood of its victims. While wearing its cap, a redcap gains a +4 bonus on damage rolls and fast healing 3 (reflected above). These benefits are lost if the cap is removed or destroyed, and caps are not transferable, even between redcaps. A redcap can create a new cap to replace a lost cap with 10 minutes of work, although until the redcap can take a standard action to dip the cap in the blood of a foe the recap helped kill, it does not grant its bonuses.
A token generated by the macro is also attached. I've also noticed that the rewrite has the same bug as the old macro, where the values are changed for movement but do not register unless you open the movement panel to manually edit them(the correct values are listed already, but it will not display them unless you click OK).

EDIT: Actually, this is a little weird. It shows the correct DR when you open the dialog to edit core properties(the framework macro, not editing the token directly), but it does not display or show it listed when manually examining the token properties. Instead, DR is a blank and DRER doesn't show any changes at all to the JSON object.
Attachments
Redcap.rptok
(95.27 KiB) Downloaded 67 times

Voltang
Cave Troll

Re: [ADDON] [WIP] Rewrite of Statblock2Token Macro

Post by Voltang »

This strange prompt for a value came up:

Unresolved value match.1060.m1.group1.
EDIT: The prompt was for the unresolved value. The message above is what was generated when I canceled out of the prompt.

when I imported this stat block:

Phase Spider
	CR 5
XP 1,600
N Large magical beast
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +6
DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +5 natural, -1 size)
hp 51 (6d10+18)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3
Defensive Abilities ethereal jaunt
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +10 (2d6+7 plus poison and grab)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks ethereal ambush
STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 13, Cha 10
Base Atk +6; CMB +12 (+16 grapple); CMD 25 (37 vs. trip)
Feats Ability Focus (poison), Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Stealth)
Skills Climb +18, Perception +6, Stealth +7
Languages Aklo
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Ethereal Ambush (Ex)
A phase spider that attacks foes on the Material Plane in a surprise round can take a full round of actions if it begins the combat by phasing into the Material Plane from the Ethereal Plane.
Ethereal Jaunt (Su)
A phase spider can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a free action, and shift back again as a move action (or as part of a move action). The ability is otherwise identical to ethereal jaunt (CL 15th).
Poison (Ex)
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 18; frequency 1/round for 8 rounds; effect 1d2 Constitution damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

Here's an example of a statblock that generated a strange error, but I can't post it in total because I'm not sure it's open content:

Dread Zombie Cyclops	
XP 2,400
CR 6
Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 52, Advanced Bestiary 105
CE Large undead
Init -2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +19
Defense
AC 19, touch 7, flat-footed 19 (+2 armor, -2 Dex, +10 natural,
-1 size)
This was the error the macro generated:

Error executing setName: the token name cannot be empty.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

That last one is easy: the statblock is supposed to have the CR first, then the XP. The macro is probably relying on the statblock adhering to the standard and that one does not...

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

I took a look at this, and yeah, I'm seeing the same thing. It's the problem that in the framework it's called "ColdIron" and in the statblock it's "cold iron". I am applying a fix soon that will "fudge" this in the statblock. I just ran a test and it worked. (I haven't uploaded it yet, looks like 1-3 other bugs below).
Voltang wrote:
Imper1um wrote:Can you provide the statblock so I can debunk this?
Debunk away.
www.pathfindersrd.com wrote:Redcap CR 6

XP 2,400
Always NE Small fey (Pathfinder #4 pg 80)
Init +8; Senses low-light vision ; Perception +12
DEFENSE

AC 20, touch 15, flat-footed 16 (+2 armor, +4 Dex, +3 natural, +1 size)
hp 60 (8d6+32); fast healing 3
Fort +6, Ref +10, Will +7
DR 10/cold iron
Weaknesses irreligious
OFFENSE

Speed 60 ft.
Melee scythe +10 (2d4+10) and kick +4 (1d4+6)
Special Attacks boot stomp
Tactics Lone redcaps try to wear down their opponents by using their boot stomp ability to make a series of hit-and-run attacks. Groups, however, are much more bold, swarming larger foes and slicing them to shreds with their terrible scythes. Bloodthirsty creatures, redcaps fight until they are barely able, fleeing only if reduced below 5 hit points.
STATISTICS

Str 18, Dex 19, Con 18, Int 16, Wis 13, Cha 15
Base Atk +4; CMB +7; CMD 21
Feats Cleave, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (scythe)
Skills Acrobatics +15 (+27 jumping), Bluff +13, Climb +15, Escape Artist +15, Intimidate +10, Knowledge (nature) +14, Perception +12, Sense Motive +12, Stealth +19; Racial Modifiers +12 when jumping
Languages Aklo, Common, Giant
SQ heavy weapons, red cap
Gear Leather armor, Medium Scythe
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Boot Stomp (Ex)

A redcap wears heavy iron boots with spiked soles that it uses to deadly effect in combat. It can use its boots to make a secondary attack as part of a full attack action or can use them to make an attack as part of its movement just as if it had the Spring Attack feat. A redcap is only treated as having Spring Attack when attacking with its boots and no other weapon.
Heavy Weapons (Ex)

A redcap's powerful hands and arms allow it to wield Medium weapons without penalty.
Irreligious (Ex)

Bitter and blasphemous, a redcap cannot stand the symbols of good-aligned religions. If a foe spends a standard action presenting such a holy symbol, any redcap that can see the character must make a DC 15 Will save or become frightened for 1 minute and attempts to flee. A redcap who successfully saves becomes shaken for 1 minute.
Red Cap (Su)

A redcap wears a tiny, shapeless woolen hat, dyed over and over with the blood of its victims. While wearing its cap, a redcap gains a +4 bonus on damage rolls and fast healing 3 (reflected above). These benefits are lost if the cap is removed or destroyed, and caps are not transferable, even between redcaps. A redcap can create a new cap to replace a lost cap with 10 minutes of work, although until the redcap can take a standard action to dip the cap in the blood of a foe the recap helped kill, it does not grant its bonuses.
A token generated by the macro is also attached. I've also noticed that the rewrite has the same bug as the old macro, where the values are changed for movement but do not register unless you open the movement panel to manually edit them(the correct values are listed already, but it will not display them unless you click OK).

EDIT: Actually, this is a little weird. It shows the correct DR when you open the dialog to edit core properties(the framework macro, not editing the token directly), but it does not display or show it listed when manually examining the token properties. Instead, DR is a blank and DRER doesn't show any changes at all to the JSON object.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Alright, this is on the fix sitting on my local machine.

Basically, I applied a HeroLab fix which takes the 'and' and 'or's out of the attack, but I implemented it wrong. I fixed it and normal statblocks are working correctly.
Voltang wrote:This strange prompt for a value came up:

Unresolved value match.1060.m1.group1.
EDIT: The prompt was for the unresolved value. The message above is what was generated when I canceled out of the prompt.

when I imported this stat block:

Phase Spider
	CR 5
XP 1,600
N Large magical beast
Init +7; Senses darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Perception +6
DEFENSE
AC 17, touch 12, flat-footed 14 (+3 Dex, +5 natural, -1 size)
hp 51 (6d10+18)
Fort +8, Ref +8, Will +3
Defensive Abilities ethereal jaunt
OFFENSE
Speed 40 ft., climb 20 ft.
Melee bite +10 (2d6+7 plus poison and grab)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
Special Attacks ethereal ambush
STATISTICS
Str 20, Dex 17, Con 16, Int 7, Wis 13, Cha 10
Base Atk +6; CMB +12 (+16 grapple); CMD 25 (37 vs. trip)
Feats Ability Focus (poison), Improved Initiative, Skill Focus (Stealth)
Skills Climb +18, Perception +6, Stealth +7
Languages Aklo
SPECIAL ABILITIES
Ethereal Ambush (Ex)
A phase spider that attacks foes on the Material Plane in a surprise round can take a full round of actions if it begins the combat by phasing into the Material Plane from the Ethereal Plane.
Ethereal Jaunt (Su)
A phase spider can shift from the Ethereal Plane to the Material Plane as a free action, and shift back again as a move action (or as part of a move action). The ability is otherwise identical to ethereal jaunt (CL 15th).
Poison (Ex)
Bite—injury; save Fort DC 18; frequency 1/round for 8 rounds; effect 1d2 Constitution damage; cure 2 consecutive saves. The save DC is Constitution-based.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Dread Zombie Cyclops? I've seen that before. I'll use the full statblock from the PDF. I know exactly where it is. Yup, I have it.

One thing of note, in that PDF, you will notice it's cut off. You cannot just drag your mouse over the entire statblock because the PDF has Footers and headers which mess up the statblock. On page 18, copy up to the feat 'Improved Bull Rush' then paste that in. Then, copy from the feat 'Power Attack' until the end of the statblock and paste at the end of the textblock.

I will be submitting a fix here to the top of this topic here shortly.
Voltang wrote:Here's an example of a statblock that generated a strange error, but I can't post it in total because I'm not sure it's open content:

Dread Zombie Cyclops	
XP 2,400
CR 6
Pathfinder RPG Bestiary 52, Advanced Bestiary 105
CE Large undead
Init -2; Senses low-light vision; Perception +19
Defense
AC 19, touch 7, flat-footed 19 (+2 armor, -2 Dex, +10 natural,
-1 size)
This was the error the macro generated:

Error executing setName: the token name cannot be empty.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”