Show Handout

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Show Handout

Post by DMFTodd »

When right-clicking a token, there is a Show Handout option. I think this comes from the framework. I use this to include the full picture for NPCs and such.

It seems though that Show Handout is only available for people who "own" that token. But if you let the PCs own the token, they can see hit points, armor class and other things I don't want them to see.

Is there a way around that?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Show Handout

Post by neofax »

If you want the full pic to show when a PC hovers over a NPC, just right click Edit and on the Config page add the image to the portrait area. If you want to provide more information than just the pic, add the info to the Handout macro and add the image to the handout table. There is a tutorial on this in the main thread for this framework. I will find it and post it here later.

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

I find the Handout system - with the table and images - too cumbersome to use.

I can't use the portrait area because some of the pictures are very large - the sizing available with Show Handout makes them manageable.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

There are 2 "Handout Systems" in the framework. I think what you want is the "Token Handout".

If you select a token and then press Token Handout, you are prompted for what information from that token do you want to send, and to whom do you want to send it. This makes for a very fast easy handout tool. The downsides to it are: The player must be on the same map that the the handout token resides; and there is no way for the player to revisit that handout in a subsequent game unless you resend the handout link.

DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Post by DMFTodd »

Oh, look! Isn't that handy. Thanks.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”