Compiled Cmpgn File of Pathfinder Addons

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Imper1um
Cave Troll

Compiled Cmpgn File of Pathfinder Addons

Post by Imper1um »

Like all these addons that everyone is adding, but don't want to worry about figuring how to install them?

I'm providing a cmpgn file now of a lot of Addons. Right now, I've only had time to import a few of the addons, but I will expand this list as I have time.
Cheers to NeoFax for updating this!

http://home.comcast.net/~neofax99/PFS/P ... -B74.cmpgn
Last edited by Imper1um on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Micco
Giant

Re: Compiled Cmpgn File of Pathfinder Addons

Post by Micco »

This is a great resource. Thanks Imper1um!

I've been trying to point people who are having trouble to this compiled version. We might want to find a way to suggest that people use this for PF instead of the one on the original thread.

(I thought we'd closed that thread....but people continue to post on it!)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

@ Imper1um: The repository is setup wrong and I continue to get an error to my log file stating the file is not in a proper gz format. The easiest way I have found for making a repository is using the built-in menu and then ftp'n the files to my web server. Then in MapTools repository menu pointing it to the index.gz file.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

That must be a bug in MapTools then. The output file type is .zip, so I just upload the .zip to my file server. =/

Zac

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yeah, you have to unzip the file and then upload the assets folder and index.gz file to your web server. Then under the Repository tab on Campaign Preferences have the URL point to the index.gz.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Correct. If you have shell access to the server the quickest way is to upload the ZIP file, then shell into the server and run "unzip <file>.zip" which will recreate the directory structure. The index.gz will be in the current directory and all assets will be in the assets subdirectory.

The index references the assets using relative pathnames so once unpacked the relative positions of the index and assets must remain consistent.

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Any reason why you chose that it cannot access the .zip file and unpack it that way?

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Regardless, as mentioned in the post, I have fixed the directory structure and uploaded the new Base Files.

Thanks to Azhrei and Neofax for straightening me out in that one (that has to be explained somewhere in the process, I got confused why I needed to extract).

I do need someone to test it. I think I might need to change the access settings on my fileserver.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Imper1um wrote:Any reason why you chose that it cannot access the .zip file and unpack it that way?
Accessing the index of a ZIP file requires downloading the entire file (it's not possible to get just the directory). Since the ZIP would contain all of the graphics, there's no performance advantage in it.

The index.gz is only a text file of the assets and their checksums, which makes it very small once compressed. It's also easy to consume within MapTool for preloading cache information.

Cuthulas
Kobold

Post by Cuthulas »

Ohh ... this is very close to what I'm looking for.

I'm one of the "quiet" masses who are grateful for maptool and have been running a Pathfinder campaign on it. So on a side note, "Thank you guys for all your hard work ... it saves coding amateurs like me countless hours and has enabled me to create amazing adventures."

As for my post, I want to start a new campaign with the latest and greatest of the addons out there. And I don't want to go through the nightmare of attempting to uninstall/install etc. into my existing campaign as I'm using an old version of Maptool and want to start fresh. I'm a bit of a perfectionist and am looking for something loaded with addons.

Anyone have a "clean" cmpgn file for Pathfinder with at least the following addon's"

- DnD 3.5 + Pathfinder base with ...
- aliasmask's spell reference
- plothos spell manager & inventory manager
- statblock importer, summon creature tokens, etc.

I'll happily take one with "all the fixings" as I don't mind having extra buttons/bloat ... an "ultimate" version, so to speak. Thanks in advance for your time!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax just posted such a beast. Search for his latest posts from his profile page... (But it's probably in this forum.)

Cuthulas
Kobold

Post by Cuthulas »

Thanks for the quick reply! I found the "beast" in question and am happily running it in my Rise of the Runelords campaign ... as I crank out the end of module two into Maptool. I am loving this software. Thanks!

Imper1um
Cave Troll

Post by Imper1um »

Cmpgn updated to NeoFax's new cmpgn.

seanrpg
Kobold

Post by seanrpg »

Anyone have something like this, but for D&D 3.5?

I find it difficult to locate the latest versions of everything in forums like this. Just the latest version of the D&D 3.5 macros is eluding me at present. I only see downloads for that in the thread that was closed.

Alternately is there a relatively easy way to convert the Lindsay campaign file to 3.5 rather than Pathfinder?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Hm, I thought this thread had been moved into the 3.5/PF subforum but I guess not...?! Visit that thread and grab the most recent version you see in there.

What does everyone else think -- should that thread be moved into this forum and stickied? I think it should...

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”