[Pathfinder] TR's Toolbar v1

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Ozman51
Kobold

Re: TR's Pathfinder Toolbar

Post by Ozman51 »

withlyn wrote:In the MapTools menu, go to Edit->Campaign Properties, and click "Export" near the lower left of the dialog box. "Import" is right next to it.
Will the interfere (I guess more appropriately overwrite) the existing Framework I am running?

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

This is a nice tool, thank you.

I noticed that when something is dying, you switch the token over to the object layer. Which conceptually makes sense, but it practice I find myself moving it back to the token layer.

patnodewf
Cave Troll

Re: [Pathfinder] TR's Toolbar v1

Post by patnodewf »

I like this. It's very minimalist. I'm almost tempted to deconstruct it and attempt to integrate a similar "toolbar" into the L. Markus Framework for 3.5/PF that I'm using. My players also prefer to avoid using maptool to make their rolls or automate a lot of the gameplay. One of the things I don't care for though, is the way your health bars are displayed. For normal play they're quite intuitive and aesthetically pleasing, don't get me wrong. Our group though uses a projector rig, and sets minis on the displayed table. How your healthbars are currently, they're simply not visible with a mini sitting on top of the token. Is it possible to perhaps increase the radius of the current healthbars, so they display outside the edge of a rounded token?

Now that I think of it (and this may be the wrong place to pose this question): Is there a way to have the state icons display around a token, in a clockwise/counter-clockwise direction, rather than on top of the token using the grid NxN format?

I'm inclined to avoid integrating this into the L. Markus Framework at the moment, for fear of a larger collaborative effort springing up to do so.

EDIT: moving that to a suggestion thread...
My form-fillable PDF Character Sheet for Pathfinder can be found here.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Thank you for this great Tool. I've loaded the Toolbar into my own campaign and tested it with Maptool Version b87 and b63. But I have one Problem. With the EDIT TOKEN PROPERTIES Button, I only can give a Token the Init-Value. The Total-Hit-Points Value is at all time 10, and a Change to another Value shows no function. Is this a bug, or what can I do that the Toolbar runs correct?

And second, I found a bug with the Token-Names. At all time, if the Token-Name has a space, the Init-Roll Function does not work.

Thanks for your answers!

Wierdoom
Kobold

Post by Wierdoom »

withlyn wrote:I'd like to use this toolbar, but I'm having a few problems:
  • Whenever initiative passes to a new token on a map other than the initial map (GM Screen), Maptool freezes. (If there is only one token in the initiative, this is not a problem.)
  • If I add a new map to the campaign, add a token to the map, and save the campaign, it will freeze on reload.
Both these errors occur in both B63 and B86. I'm using Ubuntu 10.04 with Sun Java 6 update 26. The (non-working) saved campaign file is attached.

Edit: I tracked this down to a bug in MapTool. Nothing wrong with the toolbar!
I seem to be having the same issue. What did you determine the problem to be, might I ask?

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Good morning. I dont know why, but today my Monstertokens saved the Total-Hit-Points through TOKEN-SETUP.

I found a helping-solution by myself. I've added the following line into the Campaign Properties.

Code: Select all

*@#pz.injury.totalHitPoints (HP Max)
Now I can see the Total-Hit-Points and the Current-Hit-Points at the same time.

Thank you for your Listening :)

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

I've translate the original Toolbar for German Users.
I hope you like it.
Toolbar.jpg
Toolbar.jpg (24.88 KiB) Viewed 13307 times
Attachments
PF_Toolbar_German_Edit.cmpgn
Pathfinder Toolbar German Edit
(2.33 MiB) Downloaded 320 times

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

With Wolph42's help I solved the problem with token's that have spaces in their names not being added to initiative.

Go to the Lib token and find the Add to Initiative macro

About half way down find the row:
[setInitiative( eval( string( getStrProp(initArgs, name) ) ) )]

And replace this row with:

[setInitiative( eval( string( substring(initArgs, indexOf(initArgs, "=")+1) ) ) )]

It's a hack I think, but it works.....Oh, and it means you cannot have the = sign in your monster or player names - but that should not be too much of a hardship.

Doktor Avalanche
Cave Troll

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

I updated this framework for my group. See the general user creations forum:

http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=23329

JustinThomason
Kobold

Post by JustinThomason »

I'm also having the problem with the Max HP. I set up a token using the Setup button and it comes up with the default of "10" for the HP. I change it, and no matter what value I enter in the setup dialog (either higher or lower than 10) the HP on the token starts out as "10."

It does seem to properly register whatever I put in as the Max HP, but for some reason it's not starting the token out at the Max. If I put in more than 10, I can heal the token up to the max, but no farther. If I put in a value less than 10 (in my test it was 5) and apply some damage that would take the token below 10 but above the max I set (in my test I used damage of 3), then the HP are dropped to the less than 10 max HP I set up (in this case 5).

I have a game on Saturday 4/27 and I'm planning on using this framework because I really love all the stuff it does (the timer is great!). It's not an insurmountable bug, but I'd like to fix it if possible.

Any suggestions or thoughts on why this isn't working?

liquidsonic
Kobold

Post by liquidsonic »

First i'd like to say, this tool is amazing. I love the round tracker and the condition tracker :)

However id love it if it was possible to do a few things more with it...

1. If it could return the Time left of a condition it was tracking with its rounds remaining when a turn comes up.

For example.

Its Redgars turn.

Blessed +1 attack 9 rounds remaining.

I'd do it myself but I have had difficulty doing so :(

I'm a total newbie and I assume the conditions are being tracked through the lib token. However i'm not sure how to get it to return the conditions in chat as well as the round timer.

Funau
Cave Troll

Post by Funau »

Hello.

I Need help with an error using Maptool 1.3.b89 on Windows8 64bit and Java 1.7.0_45-b18.

Same Error using Maptool 1.3.b87 on WindowsXP 32bit and Java 1.7.0_51-b13.

There is no Toolbar. Once I press the Macro "DIALOG GM Toolbar" I get this error.

<html>A stack overflow has occurred.<p>This is commonly because a macro being used has exceeded the stack space specified when MapTool was executed.<br>Please run MapTool again and specify a larger stack size.
Changing the Stack Size has no effect.

SOLVED: I've reinstalled Java on my 64bit Platform into a same 64bit Version. Now the Toolbar runs.

Cheers Funau

Cazziuz
Kobold

Post by Cazziuz »

First let me say , this looks epic, i would love to be able to use this tool bar , my current campain, is me as GM 1000 miles away from my 4 players who are all in the same room sharing hte same system logged into my game using one instance of MT , so i cant use a normal dmg set up where each player can select targets and attacks and ect,ect.so the ability to apply dmg and heal individually would be amazing and would simplify my game quite a bit. butthe issue i keep having is I am using a pathfinder framework , and even after updating the campain properties, and addingthe tokens, it sits there and wont do anyhting , even after i hit setup token .Perhaps i am missing something on how to do this , would it be possible for someone to walk me though the proper steps for setting up tokens to work with this tool bar ?

the text it keeps spitting out on the token that i selectedand hit setup token are :
when i attemt to damage:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): IF(getStrProp(damageInfo, "Save")!="on"), CODE       Statement Body (first 200 characters): { [MACRO("Apply HP Damage All@Lib:PathfinderRPG"): encode(getSelectedNames() )+","+damageInfo+","] };{ [DIALOG(title, "input=1; height=300; width=350"):{

when i attempt to heal:

Error in body of roll.       Statement options (if any): h, FOREACH(id, getSelected()), CODE       Statement Body : { [MACRO("Apply HP Healing@Lib:PathfinderRPG"): "ID="+id + ";"+macro.args ] }

I just noticed that the hp is actually moving , but the health bar isnt showing it and even though its is actually moving , it wont apply any states , like it did in the file the OP provided for DL . i had my test token down to -50 and nothing happened.Please any and all advice or help in this matterwould be greatly appreceated.

-Cazziuz

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

So you did test the campaign file in the op first, and that one worked?

If so could you provide the maptool log file? See debug article link in my Sig, turn macro logging on in the advanced tab of the launcher a and delete it first before You test it again

Michael Silverbane
Cave Troll

Post by Michael Silverbane »

I see that this framework hasn't been updated or commented on in a while, but I thought that I would just say that I am recently returned to MapTool after a long hiatus, and that this toolbar framework is really excellent.

I managed to add days to the Time Format, with the following

[h: "/***  ACCEPT A NUMBER OF ROUNDS ARGUMENT  ***/"]
[h: timeInRounds = listGet(macro.args, 0)]

[h: days =	floor(timeinRounds/14400)]
[h: hours =	floor(timeInRounds/600)]
[h: minutes = 	floor(timeInRounds/10)]
[h: rounds =	timeInRounds]

[h: hours = 	mod(hours,24)]
[h: minutes =	mod(minutes, 60)]
[h: rounds = 	mod(rounds, 10)]

[h: macro.return =  strformat("%d:%d:%02d.%d", days, hours, minutes, rounds) ]
Also, I was wondering if I could get some help in adding another feature to the framework. It would be super helpful if an expired timer announced itself to the chat as it was removed from the list.

Thanks
It's a big world out there. Go tear it up.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”