RPTools.net

Discussion and Support

Skip to content

It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:08 am 

Forum rules

Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

Kobold

Post subject: Can't open campaigns after adding the framework.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:46 pm 
This is continued from the 100 page thread, one forum back.

Quote:
neofax wrote:
Quote:
Lormax wrote:
Hey there all. As others, I'm new to Maptool as well. I have b70 up and running and have really been enjoying playing with all of it's bells and whistles. I'm getting ready to run a Pathfinder campaign so I tried installing this framework. I followed the instructions word for word on the first post. I'm now getting an error that doesn't come up on campaigns that I have not installed the framework to. It says:

Could not load campaign.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: assets/347edc6ca2f46376033fd29c0c240084

Any ideas on what I'm doing wrong here?

Go into your .maptools directory(different on eac OS, so unless I know your OS, I cannot say for sure). Inside is a assets folder. Delete everything in that folder. Next time you start MapTools, it will recreate these assets for you. If you still get the error, post your campaign somewhere and I will look at it.

Thanks Neofax for the quick response. I'm on Windows 7, 32-bit. I went into my documents folder and found the .maptool folder. I didn't see one called assets, but assetcache was there. So I cleared that out, restarted Maptool and I still get the same error. So I posted the campaign file up on rapidshare.

http://rapidshare.com/files/413157669/RedDeathPF2.cmpgn

Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Great Wyrm

Post subject: Re: Can't open campaigns after adding the framework.
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 7:50 pm 
I have no problem opening the file, but according to azhrei you still may. I cannot attach the file here, so you will need to follow azhrei's instructions to get the file. Or, I can send you the file via some other means.

Kobold

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:42 pm 
Sure, thats not a problem. I didn't see how to PM you, so my email is *edited out*. Sending it there is just fine.

Last edited by Lormax on Wed Aug 18, 2010 8:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 6:26 pm 
Hmmm, there's definitely something up. So I d/led someone else's custom campaign that has a Pathfinder framework installed in it. It opened just fine. So I re-tried my problem campaigns. Same error, but now a different file is listed for all of them. I tried Azhrei's fix of opening the non frameworked campaigns first, no change happened there. I'd hate to have you send me one file Neofax, then I need another, then another, etc etc...

Perhaps it's a Windows 7/permissions issue? Is there a way to change the path that the .maptool folder is created? This is definitely frustrating, as the campaign macros that were able to be used in that campaign I downloaded are awesome!

Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 8:18 pm 
You should have permissions to your .maptool folder. Here is what mine says on Win 7 64-bit:

Security tab
My username has Full Control

You may have to change the .cmpgn to .zip. Unzip. Place the missing files inside and re-zip.

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:23 pm 
Definitely wasn't that, I have full access there.

Perhaps I'm using the incorrect version of the framework? Is there one built for b70? I think the latest I found was b63

Kobold

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2010 11:33 pm 
Ok, so I downloaded some other campaigns here on the forums to try and get the files I needed and that works, I can open all campaigns now.

So now I have a ton of other questions on how to use this. I'll start other threads as I come to them. Thanks!

Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 6:22 am 
If you can wait until 5:15 pm EST time, I can jump on Yahoo messenger and answer your questions.

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ]