Oh, Monks...

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
jsprunck
Kobold

Oh, Monks...

Post by jsprunck »

I play a monk in the pathfinder campaign framework created by lmarkus. I have been attempting some rudimentary macros to represent the monk abilities in maptools, as well as to teach myself some rudiments of programming.

Issues I would like to address eventually

1. CMB/CMD properties

Various abilities and items modify CMB & CMD. I am aware lmarkus intends to incorporate CMB and CMD properties in a future version. Off the top of my head, here are items and abilities that change CMB and CMD (specifically applying to grappling mostly, which is what I do most)

- Racial abilities: Numerous; various races have bonuses to CMD and CMB versus certain maneuvers or versus certain creatures (as per the APG). Many are too specialized; others, like dwarven +4 vs. trip maneuvers seem fairly broad.

- Item in Hand: Holding an item in either or both hands gives a -4 to CMB checks to grapple (certain items like cestus or perhaps light shield excepted, as they leave the hand free)

- Maneuver Training, 3rd level monk class ability, BAB = monk level + other class BAB when calculating CMB

- Defensive Combat Training, feat: BAB = HD when calculating CMD

- Agile Maneuvers: Use Dex in place of Str for CMB calculations. Needs to be modified when grappled condition gained.

- Teamwork Feats: provide bonuses to CMB or CMD (+2); certain classes (cavaliers)can give these bonuses to other players without need for the teamwork feat.

- Dusty rose prism Ioun stone slotted in a wayfinder: +2 CMB/CMD

- Modifiers to CMB; from PRD:
"When you attempt to perform a combat maneuver, make an attack roll and add your CMB in place of your normal attack bonus. Add any bonuses you currently have on attack rolls due to spells, feats, and other effects. These bonuses must be applicable to the weapon or attack used to perform the maneuver. The DC of this maneuver is your target's Combat Maneuver Defense. Combat maneuvers are attack rolls, so you must roll for concealment and take any other penalties that would normally apply to an attack roll."

None of the attack modifiers from spells or conditions seems to affect CMB roll, currently.

- Modifiers to CMD; from PRD:

"Some feats and abilities grant a bonus to your CMD when resisting specific maneuvers. A creature can also add any circumstance, deflection, dodge, insight, morale, profane, and sacred bonuses to AC to its CMD. Any penalties to a creature's AC also apply to its CMD. A flat-footed creature does not add its Dexterity bonus to its CMD." (or dodge, by inference, since dodge is lost when dexterity is denied).

These appear to implemented already, except certain exceptions described in the first few points.

- Grappled Condition: Implemented already.

2. Flurry

Standard action attacks & feat calculation of BAB: BAB is 3/4 of Monk levels

Flurry attacks: BAB is = to Monk Levels, including iterative

I don't see an easy work around to this unless a separate flurry of blows macro which uses monk level is implemented.

3. Class abilities (such as Stunning Fist, Elemental Fist, Ki Strike, Quivering Palm, etc.)

It would be nice to have a Library with class abilities for the separate classes a character has that a player could call upon, including monk

I am working on stunning fist and ki macros. Eventually, I would like it to give selections for Stunning Fist and Ki point usage based off of monk level, as well as a counter to keep track of uses of each for each day.

My implementation so far has been macros attached to the character token, which individually generate properties for the token in question as needed (monk level, ki uses, stunning fist uses).
I would eventually like to move this to Lib:Monk token, with a configuration dialog.

4. Jump

Jump gains a monk level bonus to jump. I'm sure the implementation of this is easy, especially if a monk level property is added.

5. Haiku!

For fun, I made a macro to access a table of battlecries... errr, haiku.

Any suggestions, pointers, input, or critique welcome. I am a neophyte to coding.
Pathfinder_Monk_Macros_v1.3.b70_r01.mtmacset
Monk Macros for Import
(2.14 KiB) Downloaded 100 times

skester
Giant

Re: Oh, Monks...

Post by skester »

In my Macros, I calculate this for the monk. I subtract the BAB for the monk level ( floor(monklevel*0.75)) and add the Monk Level to the BAB when it comes to flurrying and the CMB/CMD. I still have have a lot of work to do on it, and it's no where near as complete as lmarkus's, but I can send it to you to show you.

I've recently rewritten my attack macro to handle flurry of blows and ki flurry as well. Broke Two Weapon Fighting (so far), but it now can handle haste and speed weapons easier.

Skester

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”