Tiger Attacks

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
DMFTodd
Cave Troll

Tiger Attacks

Post by DMFTodd »

The druid in my game can now turn into a tiger. He's got a BAB of 6 - same as the tiger. How do you enter the 2 claw and 1 bite attack with this framework? All the combos we try give multiattack to the bite & claws (attacks at BAB and then attacks at BAB-5) and the damage rolls are wrong (not getting the .5 STR)?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Tiger Attacks

Post by neofax »

I don't think you can suppress the second attack. As for the STR, do you have it set at uncapped? If so, just add a +X to the damage dice line. Lindsay has been talking about redoing the attack part of the framework for a while, but has been busy more than likely(don't want to talk on his behalf).

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Tiger Attacks

Post by Azhrei »

DMFTodd wrote:The druid in my game can now turn into a tiger. He's got a BAB of 6 - same as the tiger. How do you enter the 2 claw and 1 bite attack with this framework?
Natural attacks are not iterative. So create two weapons with both set to "Natural".

In addition, for Pathfinder both the claws and bite will be primary weapons to set "Primary" for both as well (in D&D 3.5 you'd have to check the MM to determine which attacks are primary or secondary and set the correctly). Setting the primary/secondary radiobutton is used to determine whether to use Str*1.5 or Str*0.5 and also modifies the attack to use BAB-5.

As neofax says, some configurations may require some ugly settings. For example, what about creatures with a Str penalty using a crossbow? The Strength Cap field limits the upper value but the negative Str modifier will still be added in and there doesn't appear to be any way to tell the dialog that this ranged attack is "mechanical" and therefore doesn't suffer from a Str penalty.

Hope that helps. If you will identify your game system, I'll see if I can put together a weapon dialog that works and then I can paste the property string value here...

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”