NPC Sheet

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Corea
Kobold

NPC Sheet

Post by Corea »

I noticed that when I create NPCs, I like taking the stats straight out of the PF Bestiary which usually have mods included. The edit character macro is mostly for base and the ability scores and such add mods. How do I make it so that I can enter the stats from the bestiary directly as-is so that it is not affected by any mods built by the macros?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: NPC Sheet

Post by Azhrei »

Use the Statblock2Token macro that is floating around here. (Imper1um is currently rewriting it, but the original works reasonably well.)

Basically, the above macro reads the text of the statblock and tries to figures out the various pieces. It isn't perfect (hence Imper1um's rewrite) but it does get all of the basics. I find that it mostly has problems with weapon definitions and skill checks. Weapons are tough because of how many different ways they can be formatted, and skill checks are tough for the macro because of the way skill ranks are recorded by the framework and how points can be spent on skills that don't exist. :?

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”