PFS Campaign framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: PFS Campaign framework

Post by neofax »

@Paradox: Here are the changes to make:

Add this to your Globals Properties:

DayLast
MonthLast
YearLast

Then go to the Hidden layer and change the properties on the Lib:GlobalsSRDPF token to:

DayLast: 1
MonthLast: Gozran
YearLast: 1

Then you can run the macro and it should work. I will be uploading a new campaign file probably this week and this is fixed in my version. If you want, I can upload one now. Let me know.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

That worked fine!

I doubt if I'll ever write macros of my own, but I can follow instructions. Thank you!
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

NP! Working on getting Lindsay's Action Point Macro to handle up to X AP's instead of just 1 at the moment. Also, working my way thru some other stuff. Fixed the Professions to reflect Pathfinder norms per d20pfsrd.com. Added Lunge into the Attack macro, so it sets the -2 AC. Just waiting for Lindsay to update so hopefully we can set CMB/CMD, Skills and some other stuff via the mod sets.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

neofax wrote:NP! Working on getting Lindsay's Action Point Macro to handle up to X AP's instead of just 1 at the moment. Also, working my way thru some other stuff. Fixed the Professions to reflect Pathfinder norms per d20pfsrd.com. Added Lunge into the Attack macro, so it sets the -2 AC. Just waiting for Lindsay to update so hopefully we can set CMB/CMD, Skills and some other stuff via the mod sets.

That's awesome Neo. I try to suck up to Lindsay as much as possible so that he'll keep updating the FW, but your work and efforts are noticed and appreciated.

If you're taking any requests.. could you look at the Rapid Shot/Flurry of Blows function of the Combat Manager?

I think it works alright for Rapid Shot, but I don't think it is treating the Monk's level as equal to the BAB. I just noticed this last night and haven't confirmed it but based on another poster's previous thread- I think that is the case. I've got a 1st level monk player in the campaign and I suspect that Flurry of Blows will be a common attack.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Paradox wrote:I think it works alright for Rapid Shot, but I don't think it is treating the Monk's level as equal to the BAB.
Yep, he knows that. :|

Unfortunately, there's no way in the existing FW to say which class your creature is so there's no way for it to do that automatically.

What might work would be for the Weapon to have a "globalMod" field like the ModSets have. The globalMod field could be copied to a similarly named field in the Attack dialog. That allows the globalMod to correct for teh BAB and the user simply clears the field if they don't want the mod. The mod would add in the difference needed to fix the BAB change. This would help for other things as well.

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

OR If you use my manager could check for monk class and then assign BAB like that :) My manger can be used for non spellcasting classes

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Thanks Wrathgon!

I see Neo's version here also has a box for adding a misc to hit bonus with each attack. I could also use that offset the difference. I guess there are work-a-rounds.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Paradox wrote:
neofax wrote:NP! Working on getting Lindsay's Action Point Macro to handle up to X AP's instead of just 1 at the moment. Also, working my way thru some other stuff. Fixed the Professions to reflect Pathfinder norms per d20pfsrd.com. Added Lunge into the Attack macro, so it sets the -2 AC. Just waiting for Lindsay to update so hopefully we can set CMB/CMD, Skills and some other stuff via the mod sets.

That's awesome Neo. I try to suck up to Lindsay as much as possible so that he'll keep updating the FW, but your work and efforts are noticed and appreciated.

If you're taking any requests.. could you look at the Rapid Shot/Flurry of Blows function of the Combat Manager?

I think it works alright for Rapid Shot, but I don't think it is treating the Monk's level as equal to the BAB. I just noticed this last night and haven't confirmed it but based on another poster's previous thread- I think that is the case. I've got a 1st level monk player in the campaign and I suspect that Flurry of Blows will be a common attack.
Will work on this, but may not be for a while as I am super busy at work up til Thanksgiving break. Then hopefully it will slow down between then and the New Year and then ramp up again after the new year for appx. 1 month if avg holds. My only concern is hard coding this type of stuff in is not the solution as it is just a band-aid. Personally, I would like to see a way where the mod-sets and tables could be used to accomplish this type of stuff. So, the tables would hold JSONs of each classes standard abilities coded like a modset. So the player could then select 4 lvls of Ranger and 2 lvls of Monk. Then the player selects their feats, skills, weapons, mundane, magical items... and the system applies these mod-sets. Although, this may not be the speediest way to do this as my assumption is the mod-sets work on an exception basis(meaning the code runs and what-ifs the mod-sets to death before spitting out the final result).

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

I modified this for Forgotten Realms:

Thanks all!

Code: Select all

[h: Today = getLibProperty("DayLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: ThisMonth = getLibProperty("MonthLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: ThisYear = getLibProperty("YearLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: LastDay = getLibProperty("DayLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: LastMonth = getLibProperty("MonthLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: LastYear = getLibProperty("YearLast", "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]

[h,switch(Today): case "1": Today=0; case "2": Today=1; case "3": Today=2; case "4": Today=3; case "5": Today=4; case "6": Today=5; case "7": Today=6; case "8": Today=7; case "9": Today=8; case "10": Today=9; case "11": Today=10; case "12": Today=11; case "13": Today=12; case "14": Today=13; case "15": Today=14; case "16": Today=15; case "17": Today=16; case "18": Today=17; case "19": Today=18; case "20": Today=19; case "21": Today=20; case "22": Today=21; case "23": Today=22; case "24": Today=23; case "25": Today=24; case "26": Today=25; case "27": Today=26; case "28": Today=27; case "29": Today=28; case "30": Today=29 ]

[h,switch(ThisMonth): case "Hammer": ThisMonth=0; case "Alturiak": ThisMonth=1; case "Ches": ThisMonth=2; case "Tarsakh": ThisMonth=3; case "Mirtul": ThisMonth=4; case "Kythorn": ThisMonth=5; case "Flamerule": ThisMonth=6; case "Eleasis": ThisMonth=7; case "Eleint": ThisMonth=8; case "Marpenoth": ThisMonth=9; case "Uktar": ThisMonth=10; case "Nightal": ThisMonth=11]

[h: MonthDayTotal = LastDay + (30 * ThisMonth)]
[h: MonthTotal = ThisMonth]
[h: YearTotal = LastYear]

[h:status=input(
"CalenderMod|Advance Day or Week or Year, Manual Entry|Choose Method for Calender Modification|RADIO")]
[h:abort(status)]

[h,if(CalenderMod == 0),code: {
"FastAdvance|No,Next Day,Next Month|Fast advance to next day or month?|RADIO|ORIENT=H",
"junkVar|If you use fast advance, the prompts below will have no effect.|WARNING|LABEL",
"AdvanceDays|0|How many days have passed?|TEXT|WIDTH=2",
"AdvanceWeeks|0|How many weeks have passed?|TEXT|WIDTH=2",
"AdvanceMonths|0|How many months have passed?|TEXT|WIDTH=2",
"AdvanceYears|0|How many years have passed?|TEXT|WIDTH=2"
)]

[h,if(FastAdvance == 0),code: {

[NewDayTotalweek = (7 * AdvanceWeeks)]
[NewDayTotal = LastDay + NewDayTotalweek + AdvanceDays]
[MonthAdvanceDays = 30 - NewDayTotal]
[AddMonths = floor(NewDayTotal/30)]
[NewMonthTotal = MonthTotal + AdvanceMonths + AddMonths]
[FinalDayTotal = NewDayTotal - (AddMonths * 30)]
[AddYears = floor(NewDayTotal/360)]
[Day = FinalDayTotal]

[Year = ThisYear + AdvanceYears + AddYears]
};{}]
[h,if(FastAdvance == 1),code: {
[Day = LastDay + 1]
[Month = LastMonth]
[Year = LastYear]
[h: NewMonthTotal = ThisMonth]
};{}]
[h,if(FastAdvance == 2),code: {
[Day = LastDay]
[NewMonthTotal = ThisMonth + 1]
[Year = LastYear]
};{}]
}; {

"junkVar|"+LastDay+" of "+LastMonth+" in the Year "+LastYear+" by Dale Reckoning|Current Date is|LABEL",
"Day|1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20,21,22,23,24,25,26,27,28,29,30|Day of|RADIO|ORIENT=H,VALUE=STRING,SELECT="+Today+"",
"NewMonthTotal|Hammer,Alturiak,Ches,Tarsakh,Mirtul,Kythorn,Flamerule,Eleasis,Eleint,Marpenoth,Uktar,Nightal|Month of|LIST|SELECT="+ThisMonth+"",
"Year|"+ThisYear+"|Year of|TEXT"
)]

}]
[h,if(Day > 30),code: {
[Day = Day - 29]
[NewMonthTotal = NewMonthTotal + 1]
}; {}]
[h,if(NewMonthTotal > 11),code: { 
[CurrentMonth = NewMonthTotal - 11]
[Year = Year + 1] 
[h,switch(CurrentMonth): case "0": Month="Hammer"; case "1": Month="Alturiak"; case "2": Month="Ches"; case "3": Month="Tarsakh"; case "4": Month="Mirtul"; case "5": Month="Kythorn"; case "6": Month="Flamerule"; case "7": Month="Eleasis"; case "8": Month="Eleint"; case "9": Month="Marpenoth"; case "10": Month="Uktar"; case "11": Month="Nightal"]
}; {
[CurrentMonth = NewMonthTotal]
[h,switch(CurrentMonth): case "0": Month="Hammer"; case "1": Month="Alturiak"; case "2": Month="Ches"; case "3": Month="Tarsakh"; case "4": Month="Mirtul"; case "5": Month="Kythorn"; case "6": Month="Flamerule"; case "7": Month="Eleasis"; case "8": Month="Eleint"; case "9": Month="Marpenoth"; case "10": Month="Uktar"; case "11": Month="Nightal"]
} ]

[h:setLibProperty("DayLast", Day, "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h: setLibProperty("MonthLast", Month, "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
[h:setLibProperty("YearLast", Year, "Lib:GlobalsSRDPF")]
Today is <b>[Day] [Month] [Year] DR</b>.<br>

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

<tangent>
Um, doesn't FR have a weird calendar with an extra day at the end of one month or something? I remember the folks over at DMGenie.com modeled the FR calendar by creating a separate month that only had one day in it...
</tangent>

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:<tangent>
Um, doesn't FR have a weird calendar with an extra day at the end of one month or something? I remember the folks over at DMGenie.com modeled the FR calendar by creating a separate month that only had one day in it...
</tangent>
I don't think so. The FR calendar I have just has 30 for each month. Now Greyhawk, that's a funky one. 12 months have 28 and every 4 months they toss in 7 more days for ___fest to represent the season changes. That comes to 366 days a year as opposed to FR 360 days. If anything, they're short 5 days.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:I don't think so. The FR calendar I have just has 30 for each month. Now Greyhawk, that's a funky one. 12 months have 28 and every 4 months they toss in 7 more days for ___fest to represent the season changes. That comes to 366 days a year as opposed to FR 360 days. If anything, they're short 5 days.
Heh, yeah that sounds like what I was thinking of. Maybe it was the 7-day thing that the DMGenie folks were modeling by using an extra month with only 7 days... Been too long to remember (or care about :)).

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

Azhrei wrote:<tangent>
</tangent>
Yeah it has a leap day every four years, by some strange coincidence. :-)

Also, if I am awesome I will put all these dates in as well:
(from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendars_ ... ten_Realms)

"The holidays are Midwinter, Greengrass, Midsummer, Highharvestide and The Feast of the Moon. Midwinter falls between Hammer and Alturiak, Greengrass between Tarsakh and Mirtul, Midsummer is between Flamerule and Eleasis, Highharvestide is between Elient and Marpenoth, and The Feast of the Moon is between Uktar and Nightal.
Note: The holidays do not fall on the actual day the season changes. The 19th of Ches is the Spring Equinox, the 20th of Kythorn is the Summer Solstice, the 21st of Elient is the Autumn Equinox and the 20th of Nightal is the Winter Solstice.
Every four years, another holiday called Shieldmeet is added as a leap day immediately following the Midsummer holiday."

But I'm not that awesome. Probably.

Caraldur
Kobold

Post by Caraldur »

Hello everyone,

I have been setting up my campaign using the PFS Framework that I downloaded from this thread. I have ran into an issue and I'm not sure how to fix the problem. When I use the Cast macro to cast a spell for a cleric NPC the Spell Manager opens and I click the spell to cast. Another window opens prompting me to select a target but the only options are None and C0A80167DEA604CA00000000A00062.

How do I fix this problem?

-Fred

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Ignore it, or add the spell manually. The problem is that only a few spells are actually coded with all of the information required like range, targets and such. Without this info, the macro has a hard coded none and tokenID in it. I am superbusy and will not be able to manually hand jam each spell, but I try to do some every now and then when I get a chance.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”