PFS Campaign framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
dragonlady
Cave Troll

PFS Campaign framework

Post by dragonlady »

Does anyone have a PFS campaign framework. The last one I had was done a while ago by Neofax, and I wasn't sure if there was an updated one sitting round somewhere.

Thanks!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: PFS Campaign framework

Post by neofax »

I will be using this post to place each new update I make to Lindsay's fabulous FW.

Updated
Using Lindsay's newest B86 Core1 framework as the basis.
Added in my fix for Wrathgon's Spell Manager(Includes all spells and classes up to 6/22/2011)

PFS_B86Core01_V1.cmpgn

I will be working on adding in Smite again and some other mod-sets and fixing the Statblock2Token to work more efficiently.
Last edited by neofax on Sun Jul 10, 2011 10:10 am, edited 2 times in total.

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

neofax wrote:I have a newer one that I just made. I can upload it to the same place as before when I get home.
Whats the location? (Currently Im using DragonLadys one) :)
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Here is the location of the file. It uses Imperium's starting point and adds onto it with Wrathgon's newest Spell Manager with the spells corrected so they should be good, Speak4Me, CannedSpeech and Message Manager. I have also added in the auras and lights and some other stuff. If there are any other add-ons people think should be in there, let me know.

dragonlady
Cave Troll

Post by dragonlady »

Thanks Neo!!

Your the best!
neofax wrote:Here is the location of the file. It uses Imperium's starting point and adds onto it with Wrathgon's newest Spell Manager with the spells corrected so they should be good, Speak4Me, CannedSpeech and Message Manager. I have also added in the auras and lights and some other stuff. If there are any other add-ons people think should be in there, let me know.

Cuthulas
Kobold

Post by Cuthulas »

Thank you for posting this neofax. You saved me a ton of time and my campaign feels like it has "all the bells and whistles".

I did add two things to it in my campaign ...

Dice Box - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 19&start=0
(Because a few of my players like it)

AND

Plothos' Inventory Manager - http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 57#p174057

I am curious what others also use most often.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I added Plothos Inventory Manager, but none of my players use it. I wish they would though. Glad I could help someone out here. I seem to always be taking.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

So does that mean Osuald should be using it? ;)

I won't make tomorrow night's game (other commitments until about 10:30PM or so) but if I can I'll stop by and see what I need to do to load up the inventory manager.... :)

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

anyone know how I would check if any mods match the a spell name casted on a token and if it does toggle that mod on that token?

I also wanted to ask if there was a way to sent a msg to DM asking if a mod should be added to a NPC(so a PC casts blind on a NPC and asks DM if should add it(did he fail save?)

I am thinking of using the method of heal other and links, click here to apply haste mod for ect.

Any help with any of these would be great, can post here in my thread.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

The mods are JSON objects, so you should be able to search the JSON for the spell name. I don't know what that data structure looks like though. (But I like this idea!)

wrathgon
Dragon

Post by wrathgon »

I cant find where they are stored now, none of the old objects are on the lib token so have they been moved into macros and hardcoded?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Use the macroIO plugin to dump all macro contents to a single file. Then you can use an editor and search for them.

I believe they are a property on the Lib: token. Just check the GlobalSetup macro or whatever it is that populates the Lib: token properties.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I noticed there are some things missing from the FW during the last week or two:

1. Miss chance macros. I've added 20% and 50% miss chance macros to my PC tokens in the mean time. Perhaps there should be a checkbox or dropdown list for this on the Attack dialog? It could remain sticky for future attacks as well.

2. Similarly there's no SR roll macro. But Wrath has added that to his spell manager so maybe this one doesn't matter...?

3. It would be nice if the Timer macros (Next/SetupTimer) were on the campaign panel since they'd be much easier to use.

4. When a player sets up a Timer, it should be added to the init in the right location, i.e. just above the creature whose turn it currently is. Or maybe allow the creature to chosen from the dropdown list because often I will cast a spell and then add the Timer while the GM moves on to the next PC/NPC in the initiative. Not sure if macros can do this though?!

5. Timer's Next macro should probably use [g: ] so that the output goes only to the owner and the GM.

6. It would be nice if the Timer could be tied to ActiveMods instead of States. Which leads us to the next one...

7. More modsets are needed. :) In particular, stat-boosting/damaging is easier using TempMods when we should have "items" that apply a certain amount of damage. Perhaps using a prompt system similar to the Bard Inspire Courage that's on the Spells tab. (Which reminds me: why do we have Inspire Courage on the Bard tab when it doesn't work? It doesn't prompt for the bard's level...)

8. The Advanced template got part way through and failed when I tried to run it as a player (the tECL variable had "Level" in it, which means that it needs an Wiki: eval()) but the token's stats were already updated so running it again doubled the stats for the monster I was summoning. :( All such macros should store the changes into temp variables and then apply them all at once at the end. I'll have to review my Add Fiendish Template macro to make sure I'm doing it properly myself! Using Wiki: varsFromStrProp() looks like the way to go...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Azhrei wrote:I noticed there are some things missing from the FW during the last week or two:

1. Miss chance macros. I've added 20% and 50% miss chance macros to my PC tokens in the mean time. Perhaps there should be a checkbox or dropdown list for this on the Attack dialog? It could remain sticky for future attacks as well.

2. Similarly there's no SR roll macro. But Wrath has added that to his spell manager so maybe this one doesn't matter...?

3. It would be nice if the Timer macros (Next/SetupTimer) were on the campaign panel since they'd be much easier to use.

4. When a player sets up a Timer, it should be added to the init in the right location, i.e. just above the creature whose turn it currently is. Or maybe allow the creature to chosen from the dropdown list because often I will cast a spell and then add the Timer while the GM moves on to the next PC/NPC in the initiative. Not sure if macros can do this though?!

5. Timer's Next macro should probably use [g: ] so that the output goes only to the owner and the GM.

6. It would be nice if the Timer could be tied to ActiveMods instead of States. Which leads us to the next one...

7. More modsets are needed. :) In particular, stat-boosting/damaging is easier using TempMods when we should have "items" that apply a certain amount of damage. Perhaps using a prompt system similar to the Bard Inspire Courage that's on the Spells tab. (Which reminds me: why do we have Inspire Courage on the Bard tab when it doesn't work? It doesn't prompt for the bard's level...)

8. The Advanced template got part way through and failed when I tried to run it as a player (the tECL variable had "Level" in it, which means that it needs an Wiki: eval()) but the token's stats were already updated so running it again doubled the stats for the monster I was summoning. :( All such macros should store the changes into temp variables and then apply them all at once at the end. I'll have to review my Add Fiendish Template macro to make sure I'm doing it properly myself! Using Wiki: varsFromStrProp() looks like the way to go...
Some of these, I can take care of, some I will need time as I am knee deep in quite a few other things like adding the APG spells to Wraths Spell Manager(which BTW, I am waiting for the next release to update the FW on my server). I want to fix the Advanced Template to actually change the ECL based on a SWITCH as moving from CR 1/3 does not make CR 1. As for the timer, I was thinking about looking at ToyRobots implementation and possibly getting that to work. I can remove the Bard bit and the [g:] although, I would prefer it to be more like a [s,g:] but don't know how.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Hey Neo,

Thanks for putting this together..

I tried using the Calender function, but it throws a bunch of errors. From reading the Calender Macro thread, I'm guessing it wants some properties in a Lib token.

I'm clueless at the hard stuff. Could you show me where to add what? I'm going to be running Serpent's Skull in a week, and it struck me that it would be handy to have a Calender too. There are a lot of small things to be kept track of every day.

Thanks in advance and here is the error I'm getting.

(And anybody who knows the cure is welcome to answer too)

Code: Select all

SWITCH option found no match for .       Statement options (if any): h,switch(Today)       Statement Body (first 200 characters): case "1": Today=0; case "2": Today=1; case "3": Today=2; case "4": Today=3; case "5": Today=4; case "6": Today=5; case "7": Today=6; case "8": Today=7; case "9": Today=8; case "10": Today=9; case "1
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”