PFS Campaign framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Caraldur
Kobold

Re: PFS Campaign framework

Post by Caraldur »

oh, ok I thought I had done something wrong. Thanks for the quick response.

-Fred

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

****NEW UPDATE TO INCLUDE APG SPELLS & CLASSES****

PFS-FW_Core5-V2 is the updated version with fixed Bard Inspire Courage, APG Classes & spells in the Spell Manager, updated conditions, Lunge and more. Have fun and Merry Christmas!!!

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Neofax,
When I try to open the attachment in maptools it errors out and refuses to load. Any thoughts?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

It requires B77 as that is the build I use.

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

First of all, thanks a ton for all of your hard work. It is a blast to be able to play with my 3 brothers that are scattered all over. Now then, when I am testing this new framework (and I am sorta new to MT etc..) I am trying to figure out the spell casting elements and am getting this error:

Invalid condition in IF(json.contains(tFeatlist,"combat casting")==1) roll option.       Statement options (if any): h, if (json.contains(tFeatlist,"combat casting")==1)       Statement Body : bonus=4;bonus=0

The error comes after setting up a blank token with "setupblank" and then running the token through the spell manager autopilot. This is the error when making a level 1 wizard. I have done this after running the "edit globals" macro and setting the framework to D&D.

I have had a lot of trouble casting the spells and got all of the way until it asked me to target a goblin (from iMarvin, then setupblank etc..). After choosing the goblin and then "none" it threw the above error. I tried a similar test with a level 1 sorcerer, same result.

I feel like I am very close... but don't know how to deal with this combat casting error or whatever that is.

Anyway, thanks in advance for what ya'll do.

Joel

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I'm trying to figure out the new disguise function. Any tips?

I can't seem to figure out how to add different token images, so that I can change into them.

Also, the open Spell Library (green) button desn't seem to work. However the library does open to the right spell when you use a Spell Manager.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

If you're using my Disguise token, then you just change your main token image and click "Use Disguise" and that disguise will be added to your token. If you have used it before, make sure to click the macro to save the original image. Basically, whenever you open Use Disguise, it will save your current token image to a list. This method isn't transferable to other computers (sort of) because Disguise uses that computers asset cache. So, if you connect to the other computer via an MT networked game, then the assetId will be the same for all the images you cycle through.

I wrote another macro that will allow you to turn in to a token that is already on the board. With the new function added for portrait and handout I'll someday combine all this code in to one macro to allow easy manipulation of token images.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

aliasmask wrote:If you're using my Disguise token, then you just change your main token image and click "Use Disguise" and that disguise will be added to your token. If you have used it before, make sure to click the macro to save the original image. Basically, whenever you open Use Disguise, it will save your current token image to a list. This method isn't transferable to other computers (sort of) because Disguise uses that computers asset cache. So, if you connect to the other computer via an MT networked game, then the assetId will be the same for all the images you cycle through.

I wrote another macro that will allow you to turn in to a token that is already on the board. With the new function added for portrait and handout I'll someday combine all this code in to one macro to allow easy manipulation of token images.

Sorry AM, I didn't mean to step on your toes! Lately I have been so busy in real life that I check this specific sub-forum and nothing else; hence I didn't realize it was your creation.

Initially I was going to say it wouldn't serve me well, but actually I do use a single repository through an URL, so I will try it out. I have a lion shaman that wears civilized clothes and 'jungle clothes' depending on where he's at, he'll appreciate the ability to change back and forth.

And my last campaign had an inordinate amount of hats of disguise, so I definitely see the use for this.

EDIT: Asked a question about invisibility, but it appears that a new setting in b76 makes this easy as pie. Disregard.
Last edited by Paradox on Tue Dec 28, 2010 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Neo,

Just some feedback. Looks pretty good. I upgraded my existing file, since I run APs and not the serialized PFS scenarios. (I'm about halfway through Souls for Smuggler's Shiv).

I was disappointed to see the Witch and Inquisitor Mods removed, but I dried my tears quickly and just added them back in myself.

Looks like you expanded some of the feats? Good job.

Thanks for the hardwork on the spell managers. I haven't removed those macros, but I got so tired of fussin' with the older versions that I started running HeroLabs in the background of MapTools. I combined all the HL portfolios into one single file, and I just tab between the PCs.. and in that way we check off spells, charges, ammo, and look at the inventory. However if ever run for a group where everybody doesn't already have HeroLabs, I might go back to some of those macros.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Sorry AM, I didn't mean to step on your toes! Lately I have been so busy in real life that I check this specific sub-forum and nothing else; hence I didn't realize it was your creation.
No offense taken, I was just being clear to make sure we're talking about the same thing.

Caraldur
Kobold

Post by Caraldur »

I'm having problems with PFS-FW_Core5-V2 running under .77 maptools. Using the base I tried to use the Convert Statblock to Token (v2.0) and I am getting a StackOverflowError. I'm also getting errors with most of the macros and I'm not sure how to fix the problem or what could be causing the problem.

-Fred

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Caraldur wrote:I'm having problems with PFS-FW_Core5-V2 running under .77 maptools. Using the base I tried to use the Convert Statblock to Token (v2.0) and I am getting a StackOverflowError. I'm also getting errors with most of the macros and I'm not sure how to fix the problem or what could be causing the problem.

-Fred
What stack size are you running? I use 6M, but I know others use 4M. The best way to figure out what you should use is try 4M and run some of the most intensive macros like say adding Active Mods to 20 tokens. If your system doesn't choke then you are good with that stack size.

@Paradox: I know what you mean. I have HeroLabs and PC-Gen open when I am not DMing and it works nice to click off when I use a spell. However, when I DM, I use the Spell Manager with all of it's quirks and errors. One because I really want to make it better and two it does help speed up play. Now I just need to carve out some time to finish the spells for aliasmask I promised him so he can finish updating the Spell Library with the APG spells and the 3.5 spells compendium. If I only had the skills to make it work 100%, I would.

@All: Is there any feats that people commonly use that currently can be coded using the FW? I am going to try and get critical Focus and Manyshot added as these scratch my itch, but would like input from you all.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:@All: Is there any feats that people commonly use that currently can be coded using the FW? I am going to try and get critical Focus and Manyshot added as these scratch my itch, but would like input from you all.
Well, since you asked... Here's what is on my list:

Critical Focus (+4 to confirm crits)

Manyshot

Smite Evil (can it provide an AC bonus? probably doesn't make sense)

Imp Shield Bash/Greater Shield Bash (these allow free Bull Rush attempts and the d20 roll from the attack should be used in the Bull Rush; not sure this is possible)

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Ok using B79 I get the following error when I try to create a spell caster. I click on Spell Menu and I get:

Duplicate Lib:Magic tokens found.
Duplicate Lib:AliasSpellLib tokens found.

When I click it appears that a copy is being moved onto the current map in the hidden layer.

Any thoughts?

Edit: This only happens when the token is not on the Limbo map. When it is on the limbo map it works fine.

Caraldur
Kobold

Post by Caraldur »

neofax wrote:
Caraldur wrote:I'm having problems with PFS-FW_Core5-V2 running under .77 maptools. Using the base I tried to use the Convert Statblock to Token (v2.0) and I am getting a StackOverflowError. I'm also getting errors with most of the macros and I'm not sure how to fix the problem or what could be causing the problem.

-Fred
What stack size are you running? I use 6M, but I know others use 4M. The best way to figure out what you should use is try 4M and run some of the most intensive macros like say adding Active Mods to 20 tokens. If your system doesn't choke then you are good with that stack size.

@Paradox: I know what you mean. I have HeroLabs and PC-Gen open when I am not DMing and it works nice to click off when I use a spell. However, when I DM, I use the Spell Manager with all of it's quirks and errors. One because I really want to make it better and two it does help speed up play. Now I just need to carve out some time to finish the spells for aliasmask I promised him so he can finish updating the Spell Library with the APG spells and the 3.5 spells compendium. If I only had the skills to make it work 100%, I would.

@All: Is there any feats that people commonly use that currently can be coded using the FW? I am going to try and get critical Focus and Manyshot added as these scratch my itch, but would like input from you all.
Worked like a charm. thanks Neofax.

-Car

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”