PFS Campaign framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Paradox
Dragon

Re: PFS Campaign framework

Post by Paradox »

Neo,

I actually used it with the group yesterday. I didn't encounter any problems, but we noticed right away that you removed the boxes (in the attack macro) that allowed you to apply a misc bonus to hit and damage for that attack.

Ugh. That was a feature that we really liked (except that you had to remember to clear it out after the situation had changed). It allowed you to make a fast adjustment instead of tinkering with a mod for just a couple of attacks in the heat of combat.

It was also how I planned to compensate and adjust for the Monk's Flurry of Blows after 2nd level.

Was this an oversight, or intentional? Any chance we could get it added back in?
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

That was a error on my part. Also, I will be posting a newer file either tonight or tomorrow as I was working on it this weekend. I should have the MiscATK/MiscDMG added in, Manyshot, Critical Focus and will see about Smite. As for the Witch and other class, what did you mean by them? The Evil Eye and such for the Active Mods? If so, those should be easy to add back in.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Thank you Neo!

I didn't mean to sound whiney or bitchy, your efforts are much appreciated. Happy New Year!

Yes, I was referring to the witch and inquisitor Mods, but Don't worry about them for my sake alone- unless you're concerned about the general public. You're 100% right, I just recreated them myself. I also recreated the Inquisitor Judgements. Furthermore, I do see the inherent complications in standardizing them, because they're going to change depending on the level of your witch or inquisitor. It just so happened that I coincidentally have a witch and an inquisitor in my party of PCs; so when I saw those in the last version it made me very happy. But it only took a few minutes to recreate them (I'm not quite that hapless).

On the other hand, they did serve as a good model for what you can do with the Mods.

Thank you again!

PS: As a side note, I create an entire tab of Mods for Ability Damage (i.e. -1 CON, -2 CON, -3 CON, etc... I don't expect you to do that, but its another example of the types of neat Mods you can create to speed things up. WHAT WOULD BE REALLY KICKASS, however, is a mod that opened up a box that asked you how much ability damage per attribute. So instead of dozens of entries for each attribute, you only had 6 variable ones. Does that make sense? IS your programming mojo that mighty? :)
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

neofax wrote:@Paradox: I know what you mean. I have HeroLabs and PC-Gen open when I am not DMing and it works nice to click off when I use a spell. However, when I DM, I use the Spell Manager with all of it's quirks and errors. One because I really want to make it better and two it does help speed up play. Now I just need to carve out some time to finish the spells for aliasmask I promised him so he can finish updating the Spell Library with the APG spells and the 3.5 spells compendium. If I only had the skills to make it work 100%, I would.

I commend you. I just burned my player's patience up working with it when I ran Rise of the Runelords. It opened spell database entries in everybody's window, despite my reports. I had to quit using it myself because I was telegraphing evey NPC move in advance. It was slow. It would mysteriously put a text string in my cleric's field where it wanted a numerical casting level (I swear it did it spontaneously with no one changing any settings); thus breaking all of his spells in the middle of an encounter. When I finally made the change, everybody breathed such a sigh of a relief I'm not sure I could easily ask them to go back.

(Just to be clear, when I use HL, I actually keep track of it myself. You can put all of the player portfolios in one 'Master' portfolio and tab between the players. The players also keep track on their end, and in between sessions we reconcile our records.)

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Not nagging Neo, but looking forward to the new one. I'm going to be adding to my campaign file in the next day one two, and I was holding off to see if you got it done.

Though I realize you're busy IRL. As you're able. :)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yeah, sorry! I have had company over for the last couple days and have been busy at work due to the New Year. I will try to finish this Friday or Saturday as I will not have company and should be home by myself as the wife and kids will be at a Birthday Party.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

neofax wrote:Yeah, sorry! I have had company over for the last couple days and have been busy at work due to the New Year. I will try to finish this Friday or Saturday as I will not have company and should be home by myself as the wife and kids will be at a Birthday Party.
No problem, thanks for the update!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Has anyone had problems with running my newest version and selecting "Broadcast to all players." and the attack/dmg rolls show up in the chat twice? I had this and other problems when running my game last night.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Sending out a brief e-mail to my group. We only just discovered that check box last Monday. As GM I left my attacks hidden, but they started to disclose theirs to each other.

I didn't notice it, but I'm not sure on their end.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

OK, 4 hrs of work and I have the duplicate attack error I introduced fixed, ManyShot added, MiscATK/MiscDMG reimplemented and starting to work on re-adding the witch and inquisitor Active Mods. I will try to implement Critical Focus and Smite(not real sure on this one as I need to understand the rules myself(funny as I have a player that is a Paladin in my game)).

Trei Shouri
Kobold

Post by Trei Shouri »

I apologize for the newb question, but do I need to follow the instructions from the previous version (making a separate map for the .lib tokens), or does the "Limbo" map fulfill that need already?

Edit: Second newb question, does every player need the framework or just the GM?
Last edited by Trei Shouri on Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Yeah, heh, ironically I only just go a message from one of my players saying that he remembers seeing a duplicate attack message.

Sorry! Faster than iron. Stronger than an eagle.

Good work!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

***Updated FW posted***

Check out the second post on this thread for the D/L location. Let me know if there are any other feats/traits/class features that I can possibly accomplish and you all would like.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I could have sworn jazlizard made a post here about Power Attack not working. I checked it and it works for 10 different tokens I have including a brand new built one. However, there is a problem with the Oracle spell class that another user was having problems with. I have sort of fixed his problem, but not completely. I can get normal spells working, but I need to talk to Wrathgon about how to add the Oracles pseudo Domains(Mysteries) into the spell manager. I also think this may be a problem as well for Druids and Inquisitors, but at least they use the Cleric domains. So until then, the V3 version of my bundle roll works, but Oracles will have a hard time using the spell manager.

Jazlizard
Kobold

Post by Jazlizard »

I did make a post but resolved it almost as soon as I posted, so I deleted it (sorry you put time into testing this!).

Part of the issue is was I couldn't tell where in the tooltip the effect was happening, took me a second to realize the power attack was adding the strength into one big bonus in the tooltip and that the negative to bab was over in the misc area.

There was some other issues that just came with importing a character from my other campaign, but I wouldn't say it's an issue with the framework really.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”