PFS Campaign framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Paradox
Dragon

Re: PFS Campaign framework

Post by Paradox »

Neo and Azhrei, sorry for the lack of feedback, I got sick for a couple days.

Just a quick note, could you double check the formula you used for the witch Mods?

I have checked the Evil Eye Mods for AC, Attack, and Ability Checks. The Mod does prompt you for the Witch's Level, but when you plug in "1" it applies a -4 penalty, as if the witch were 8th level.

However, it should be great once the formula is fixed.

Code: Select all

If it's easier, you can just code here and I can plug it in.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Paradox wrote:

If it's easier, you can just code here and I can plug it in.
Paradox please try this and let me know if it works:

if(WitchLevel > 7, 4, 2)
If it does, then this solves alot of problems for me. If not, I will try to work on this tonight.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I'd be happy to try it (but I have an hour and a some change before I go into work).

I'm going to see if you can answer something before I run out of time.

This is the formula in the globalmod for the Evil Eyes

max(4, min(2, floor(WitchLevel/8+1)))*-1
Do you want me to put that "if" statement in it's place? Or somewhere else? Or combine the two statements?

EDIT: Alas, time was not out friend. To work I must go. Seeya tonight or tomorrow.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Completely remove the previous code from the globalMod line and change to:

if(WitchLevel > 7, -4, -2)
This works as I have tried it from levels 1 thru 20. Now that this works, I can see about adding more feats.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

You da Man. Thank you! Sorry I couldn't test it for you.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

No problem. I should have got it right the first time around.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Gah! I just started paying attention to this (bad me). I will see if I can work your changes in to my updated framework (I have some parallel code, private attack rolls for example). One significant issue is the changes to the State Images. I have added some, and you have a bunch of additions as well. There is no trivial way to merge the two. Do you have the original images for the state images you added so I can add them in?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Yes. If you want, you can send me your version and I can update it and send it back. Or, most of the states but the letters are in Aidy Baby's thread.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

I did use this FW version tonight. Ran well, no problems.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Trei Shouri wrote:I apologize for the newb question, but do I need to follow the instructions from the previous version (making a separate map for the .lib tokens), or does the "Limbo" map fulfill that need already?

Edit: Second newb question, does every player need the framework or just the GM?
Sorry, I did not see your post in the sea of them. The Limbo map fulfills the requirement of the Lib:Tokens. No, they only need to download the MapTools program either the zip version or the WebStart jnlp version. Caveat Emptor: If you want your players to make their tokens before gametime, they will need to D/L the FW so they can make them.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

lmarkus001 wrote:Gah! I just started paying attention to this (bad me). I will see if I can work your changes in to my updated framework (I have some parallel code, private attack rolls for example). One significant issue is the changes to the State Images. I have added some, and you have a bunch of additions as well. There is no trivial way to merge the two. Do you have the original images for the state images you added so I can add them in?
Can you do me a favor and check to see if Deadly Aim works correctly for Pathfinder? It should be a rolling bonus/penalty based on every 4 levels of the character. I haven't had a chance to look yet.

Trei Shouri
Kobold

Post by Trei Shouri »

Neofax,

No worries on the delay. It seems there's a lot of technical discussion that's been going down with this, so I can understand that my post would slip by.

Thanks for the responses, though. I'm super excited to play with the framework now!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Are the states 1_, _1, A, etc. used by anything anyone? I can't seem to find those anywhere so have not added them into my framework as of yet... hummm... maybe I will just harvest them out of the campaign zip...

Deadly Aim: I did not check your changes but I know it is working correctly in my base framework... I will keep an eye on it as I merge the changes.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:Are the states 1_, _1, A, etc. used by anything anyone? I can't seem to find those anywhere so have not added them into my framework as of yet... hummm... maybe I will just harvest them out of the campaign zip...
They are for applying code letters/numbers to marker tokens.

Imagine that you want to label a bunch of rooms. So you drop down a marker token, one per room, and type in the description (both player and GM) into the proper Notes' fields on the token.

But you have no number that references back to your module.

You could create a different graphic for each marker, but that's a lot of redundant work. So putting states on them is easier. And with a macro to create/initialize the marker, a lot of it can even be automated. Imagine using copy/paste from a PDF into a text field. The macro then parses out the room number, room title, and the boxed text and populates the macro for you. The room number is changed into states and also copied to the marker Name, the room title is put into the GM Name field, and the player and GM notes are also added automatically.

Having said all that, I don't use that technique. I create markers, but I simply change their name to the room number. I haven't created the macro I mentioned above because I go through spurts of "map prep" and between spurts I don't want to spend time on it, and when I need to create a new map I don't have time to build a macro -- I just want to get it done. "Why is there always time to do something over, but never enough time to do it right in the first place." ;)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Actually, when I developed those numbers I created a macro for easy configuration. It also doubles as a map note for PCs to view by clicking on a scroll in a room for room description. The macro controls the visibility to the PCs as well.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”