D&D3.5+PF Issues

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Indestructible
Kobold

D&D3.5+PF Issues

Post by Indestructible »

So I'm totally new here to RPTools and all, I've stocked my maptool library with nice images and such, And so I've been lurking for a while around the forums and I see all these "FrameWorks" and stuff, well mostly the PF and Rumbles and posts includuding those words. But my issue is, I've downloaded the D&D3.5+Pathfinder Framework, followed the instructions and re-followed them, how ever, when I try to re-load the saved cmpgn file, I get this error about not being able to recognize File Format or something. This is the error

Code: Select all

Error While Loading Campaign File:
com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.StreamException: :Stream Closed. << This leads to an "ok" button, and when the button is clicked this is what comes next: Cannot Determine Campaign File Format; Not Loaded

So after I hit those buttons, Nothing happens. So I'm thinking it's because I'm using build 76 of MT and that frame work is only built up to 63, so possible compatibility issues on my end, but maybe it's something more? I've tried searching for said error but my eyes started to burn so I decided to post. I'm a total newbie with all this stuff except images, so please don't flame me and be nice? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

*Side Note(s)*

My OS is Vista

My Maptool build is 1.3.b76

My MT opening setting are (I tinkered with them and don't know how to set them to default without the possibility of losing my images)

Max Mem: 512

Min Mem: 64

Stack: 2
=============
I'm trying to set up shop for a D&D 3.5 extended Camp with my brothers and sisters, and this is our first run in with a VTT so since I'm lead DM I have to figure out the ins and outs. If anyone knows of a decent D&D 3.5 FW that Might be compatible with my MT build please let me know. I've tried rumble's but I'm afraid I don't understand it completely :P

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: D&D3.5+PF Issues

Post by wolph42 »

im no expert in these matters but it looks like you have a version issue or a broken file. So:
1. get the latest version of MT, currently 76
2. re-download the .cmpgn file (preferably not with IE, cause that will rename you file)
try again.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

The FW definitely works with build 76 of MapTools as many use it daily wit this build. I haven't run Vista in a long time, but I do know it has problems with permissions/ACL. Also, as wolph42 states use a real browser that can handle the .cmpgn extension, like Chromium/Chrome/Firefox/Opera/Safari. Also, you may want a updated version of the FW with a bunch of add-ons, check out the PFS thread here.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

(Yeah, it's likely his web browser is broken.)

When you download the campaign file, make sure the filename extension is .cmpgn and not .zip. If you get a ZIP file then your browser is broken (consider using a better one, like Firefox or Safari or Opera).

In the mean time, you can rename the file so it has the correct extension and try MT again.

Indestructible
Kobold

Post by Indestructible »

By default I've always used FireFox or Chrome for my downloads for tighter security etc. But when I go to the 4shared website that has the PF framework hosted, it turns out to be a .zip that's 9.78mb in size, and has all of the mentioned files in it from the first post in the installation section I've used both FF and Chrome for this download and end results remain the same....I get the feeling I'm doing something really stupid and don't know it yet. Thanks for all your help so far

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Sorry, I'm not familiar with the link you used so I can't verify what you're seeing.

Perhaps the hosting site changed the extension?? Seems unlikely though...

Indestructible
Kobold

Post by Indestructible »

Okay, so what I did was I went to the main thread with the framework in it, went down to the "Sample Campaigns" section of said thread, then there I clicked on the top most one, that was significantly larger text then the others, then from there, I was directed to a page of that thread that contained a download link of the frame work, the link directs me to a website called 4shared and then there is an option to download the framework from that site after waiting for 20 seconds. Once the said file is downloaded, it always comes out as a .zip in all my browsers, and inside of that .zip are exact same files. The first part f the post for the frame work mentions some of the listed files inside the folders, but after all that, it still seems to not work >.< I hate being a noob sometimes

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Go to this post and click on the word here. The framework that is D/L'd will work in B76.

Indestructible
Kobold

Post by Indestructible »

Thanks Neofax!! Much Obliged I certainly owe you one for sure :Big Grin:

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

I am getting an error "Duplicate Lib:GlobalsSRDPF tokens found" on quite a few of the macros now. Is anyone else seeing this after upgrading? I sort of painted myself into a corner in a manner of speaking... I can't open my campaign now in b77 now, and now the macros won't work in the newer versions. Uh-oh the session tomorrow is not going to be fun, players are going to kill me for breaking their macros!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Delete the duplicates, save campaign on lib:token map. Opening campaign on different map will copy lib tokens to current map if they don't exist.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Delete the duplicates, save campaign on lib:token map. Opening campaign on different map will copy lib tokens to current map if they don't exist.
We should talk about this as this appear to be a bug in a recent release, right? Can we start a new thread where someone can describe what they've seen happen 'cuz I haven't seen it yet. :( Thanks.

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

Azhrei wrote:
aliasmask wrote:Delete the duplicates, save campaign on lib:token map. Opening campaign on different map will copy lib tokens to current map if they don't exist.
We should talk about this as this appear to be a bug in a recent release, right? Can we start a new thread where someone can describe what they've seen happen 'cuz I haven't seen it yet. :( Thanks.

I did open a new thread about this issue. I am not sure that it's a bug in MT or something that "happened" within the framework.

jstak
Cave Troll

Re: D&D3.5+PF Issues - Solved

Post by jstak »

So I am not seeing any duplicates? Is there something else that I might be missing?

Thanks Aliasmask there was a duplicate hiding on one of the maps!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, they should appear at 0,0 on new map. The only reason this happens is because the lib token with the onCampaignLoad is either writing a property to itself or possibly performing a goto (not sure about this one).

It's funny how this latest patch brought this back. Before, it wasn't so finicky.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”