Help with off-hand weapon

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
71gamer
Kobold

Help with off-hand weapon

Post by 71gamer »

hey folks--I am migrating my online weekly game to pathfinder (thankfully, lol--4e is not fun to play online!), and I am having a few problems with the framework. The most obnoxious one is how do I set up an off-hand weapon? For example, a player is using a short sword and an off-hand dagger, and took two-weapon fighting as his lvl 1 feat.

As a single attack, after adding in everything, the short sword should be +1 to hit. If using both weapons, the SS and the dagger should be both -1 to hit. I can't make the framework not use the decaying attack bonuses, so when I actually use the macro, it's giving me a positive +hit on the first swing, and a -3 on the off-hand weapon. I have the dagger selected as 'finessable' in the framework, etc. Any idea what I might be doing wrong? I have turned on and off just about every radio button in the 'edit character' area with no change in numbers.

Thanks in advance,

-d

71gamer
Kobold

Re: Help with off-hand weapon

Post by 71gamer »

OK, I figured it out. The one thing I was missing was the check box for natural vs. manufactured weapon, it defaults to natural, changing that to manufactured gives both weapons a -2 attack (which isn't right, but I will figure out where that extra -1 is coming from shortly).

Thank you for the framework!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Did you check the Two-Weapon fighting feat on the core setup? But, I think it should be -2,-2 according to the SRD and what the feat does.

Two Weapon Fighting

71gamer
Kobold

Post by 71gamer »

Yep. I figured it out, buy default a character is set to use Natural weapons, that has to be changed to manufactured weaps for two weapon attacks to be processed correctly. I found the missing numbers, all works as intended, and I couldn't be happier.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”