[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b82 Campaign Macros r01

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:Quick Workaround:
Wow, that was a fast reply. :)

How about another one: how can I have a player with a larger number of weapon slots? Ideal situation would be a property that kept track of which other properties were valid weapon slots. So right now we've got Weapon0..Weapon9, but the list would come from a string property in my proposed solution.

I've got a PC with a bunch of alternate attack styles, so he has Bite (dragon bloodline), Bite (animal fury), Bite (dragon form), and probably one more. :roll: Very few of these can be used in the same attack routine, but as they come from different sources they have different ABs and different damage amounts. The same thing happens with Claws, but it's even worse because the PC is a monk.

And... If this were possible, then it could also be possible to put different weapon slots together to create different "full attack" routines. For example, say there's a property called weaponSlots. It contains weaponRoutine0..weaponRoutine99 in a string property list. Each of those is a string property list that defines which of the Weapon0..Weapon9 elements should be used. (Although that list would be expanded to be more than 10.)

I haven't looked at the code for weapon attacks in a long time, but it looked like it used a loop that ran from 0..9 and then prepended "Weapon". If so, it could easily be changed from a C() loop to a FOREACH() loop and use a string property list.

What do you think? Too big a change?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei wrote:
lmarkus001 wrote:Quick Workaround:
Wow, that was a fast reply. :)

How about another one: how can I have a player with a larger number of weapon slots? Ideal situation would be a property that kept track of which other properties were valid weapon slots. So right now we've got Weapon0..Weapon9, but the list would come from a string property in my proposed solution.

I've got a PC with a bunch of alternate attack styles, so he has Bite (dragon bloodline), Bite (animal fury), Bite (dragon form), and probably one more. :roll: Very few of these can be used in the same attack routine, but as they come from different sources they have different ABs and different damage amounts. The same thing happens with Claws, but it's even worse because the PC is a monk.

And... If this were possible, then it could also be possible to put different weapon slots together to create different "full attack" routines. For example, say there's a property called weaponSlots. It contains weaponRoutine0..weaponRoutine99 in a string property list. Each of those is a string property list that defines which of the Weapon0..Weapon9 elements should be used. (Although that list would be expanded to be more than 10.)

I haven't looked at the code for weapon attacks in a long time, but it looked like it used a loop that ran from 0..9 and then prepended "Weapon". If so, it could easily be changed from a C() loop to a FOREACH() loop and use a string property list.

What do you think? Too big a change?

OMG, I solve these kinds of issues by killing off the abominations until they come back as a generic human commoner! Nothing like 15 deaths in an evening to straighten out your players!

More seriously....

I did increase the number of "weapons" you can have in the latest framework (from 10 to 20). But that was just to be a stop-gap measure. What you are proposing is much more along the lines of what I really want to find time to do. I want weapons, mod-sets for weapons, equipped weapon sets, and a floating frame for the attack window. This will be a major rework but I keep not finding the time to get there from here...

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

lmarkus001 wrote:What you are proposing is much more along the lines of what I really want to find time to do. I want weapons, mod-sets for weapons, equipped weapon sets, and a floating frame for the attack window. This will be a major rework but I keep not finding the time to get there from here...
Okay, no biggie.

I remember looking at the code awhile back and seeing that the front-end selected the property name to pass to the actual attack macro. I was thinking that a different front-end could simply use a different property name. And that front-end is where the weaponsets could be implemented.

But that was quite awhile ago and I could be misremembering. Macros are not really my strong suit. :|

Tetragramm
Kobold

Post by Tetragramm »

I'm having a problem with Power Attack and Dragons. In this case, I've got a Young Red Dragon with Power Attack, but when he does his full attack, the Power Attack damage doesn't get added to his wings or claws, which according to the description, it should. I think it's because they're "One Handed" they're not being added. Anywho, consider this a bug report.

Also, is there a way to set Improved Multi-Attack? I can get the attack bonus right by setting them all to primary, but they they all add full strength, not 1/2.

Edit: If it's not obvious, I'm playing D&D.

Thanks.

Parlik
Kobold

Post by Parlik »

Just me that cannot download it?

When following the link on the first page I get a... The file link that you requested is not valid.

Caraldur
Kobold

Post by Caraldur »

Parlik wrote:Just me that cannot download it?

When following the link on the first page I get a... The file link that you requested is not valid.
I just downloaded the framework from the link posted at the beginning of this thread so there must be a problem on your end.

-Car

Parlik
Kobold

Post by Parlik »

Caraldur wrote:
Parlik wrote:Just me that cannot download it?

I just downloaded the framework from the link posted at the beginning of this thread so there must be a problem on your end.

-Car
I can download it now, so appears it was just briefly down

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Tetragramm wrote:I'm having a problem with Power Attack and Dragons. In this case, I've got a Young Red Dragon with Power Attack, but when he does his full attack, the Power Attack damage doesn't get added to his wings or claws, which according to the description, it should. I think it's because they're "One Handed" they're not being added. Anywho, consider this a bug report.

Also, is there a way to set Improved Multi-Attack? I can get the attack bonus right by setting them all to primary, but they they all add full strength, not 1/2.

Edit: If it's not obvious, I'm playing D&D.

Thanks.
Wow I ran into this same problem myself last gaming session (and might I add the party was happy the secondary attacks were not Power Attack boosted :-) ).

EDIT: Hummm... it seems that a light weapon gains no Power Attack bonus (but suffers the attack penalty). I will have to figure out how to deal with this...
You can’t add the bonus from Power Attack to the damage dealt with a light weapon (except with unarmed strikes or natural weapon attacks)
EDIT2: Got it! in LibAttack a simple change... paOffhand was being set to 0, instead it should only be 0 if the weapon is light. Changed code follows:

Code: Select all

[H, SWITCH(system), CODE:
   case "Pathfinder": {
      [ padaID = "Power Attack/Deadly Aim" ]
      [ pa2H = 1.5 ]
      [ paMultiplier = 2 ]
      [ paOffhand = 0.5 ]
   };
   case "D&D3.5": {
      [ padaID = "Power Attack" ]
      [ pa2H = 2 ]
      [ paMultiplier = 1 ]
      [ paOffhand = if( OHLight == 2, 0, 1 ) ]      
   };
   default: {
      [ padaID = "Power Attack" ]
      [ pa2H = 2 ]
      [ paMultiplier = 1 ]
      [ paOffhand = if( OHLight == 2, 0, 1 ) ] 
   }
]

Voltang
Cave Troll

Post by Voltang »

I would post this as a bug report, but I'm not certain if it's a bug, a known issue, or my own stupidity... and it was so catastrophic that I couldn't even click the details button to find out what happened.

Basically, I tried opening the campaign file with the b82 macros in the latest release of Maptool and it spawned infinite error messages stacking on top of everything. I run Lucid Lynx Ubuntu and had some issues before, but this is my first experience with your new campaign file and the new version of maptool. I'm going to downgrade to b82 and see if that helps, but I've used other campaign files with later editions of the program without anything like this happening.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

@Lindsay: PowerAttack is not being added to Charge for Pathfinder. Also, could you add in the new combat maneuvers from the APG like Drag? Finally, would it be possible to have the SpecialQualities and SpecialAttacks properties break to multiple separate lines if they are over say 50 characters long? I hate having the mouseover sheet taking up the whole bottom portion of the screen. I would also use this capability to add the Tactics lines to NPC's so there is no need to reference the book.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

neofax wrote:@Lindsay: PowerAttack is not being added to Charge for Pathfinder. Also, could you add in the new combat maneuvers from the APG like Drag? Finally, would it be possible to have the SpecialQualities and SpecialAttacks properties break to multiple separate lines if they are over say 50 characters long? I hate having the mouseover sheet taking up the whole bottom portion of the screen. I would also use this capability to add the Tactics lines to NPC's so there is no need to reference the book.

I +1 these requests. :D
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I am not sure how to make anything wrap in the quick sheet MapTools generates (does <br> work? I can give it a try.).

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I don't think <br> or any HTML works in the Hover Sheet. I was thinking of a UDF that counts the characters and then adds the excess on to subsequent property lines. A hack yes, but many of the tokens from iMarvin's site have the full write up on the powers and I would like to keep them, but they push the sheet way past the edge of my screen.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

neofax wrote:[...] many of the tokens from iMarvin's site have the full write up on the powers and I would like to keep them, but they push the sheet way past the edge of my screen.
Yeah, I agree.

I don't want Marvin to change his tokens -- I like the attention to detail!

But what I would like to see is the removal of certain items. For example, the FW takes care of Weapon Finesse, so it could be removed from the list. Perhaps a macro that will look at the selected token(s) and clean them up? A single regex could do most of the work, then one more to clean up extra commas. The following would work (assuming commas have any number of optional spaces after them and that commas never appear in the middle of a feat name). Just replace feat1|feat2|feat3 with a list of feats you want removed. (This regex is not case-sensitive.)

Code: Select all

[h: new = replace(old, "(?i)(, *)?(feat1|feat2|feat3)(, *)?", ", ")]
[h: new = replace(new, "^, |, $", "")] 

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Or, if it is not feasible having the SQ and SA info on the hover sheet, maybe have a toolbar that shows the character sheet with the info in a frame. I wouldn't want to click on a button for every token, just maybe have the frame popup on mouse over?

@Azhrei: Even with removing many of the feats, there are some really long special abilities creatures have. Take a look at Ghoul. When you place this token on the map from iMarvin's site, the Disease(Su) would take up the whole screen on a 2000+px wide screen and I am running at 1376 on one and 1024 on another.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”