[D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b86 Campaign Macros r01

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Paradox
Dragon

Re: [D&D3.5 + Pathfinder] MT1.3b82 Campaign Macros r01

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay,

I used it last night and encountered no problems. Actually it ran pretty smooth, as if the code had been tightened to run faster. On the other hand, that could be just my perception (it's not like I sit there with a stopwatch timing the macros).

In any case, no errors!

Long term I'd love to see something done with the monk's flurry of blows (which you already known about as Azhrei has pointed out), but I have interim solution for that.

neofax wrote:It would be nice if it was crowd sourced so all can help and enjoy!

Yeah! I shouldn't volunteer to help because usually my time is limited and I hate breaking promises; but I often do my tokens the painstaking old fashioned way because I'm a perfectionist. In so doing I wouldn't mind helping with this.

I also do a regular version and an augmented version, just because I don't assume that Augmented Summons is a universal standard, especially with NPC spellcasters.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Augmented Summoning gives the summoned creatures an ENHANCEMENT bonus so it does not stack with Bulls Strength, etc. That is why I went the mod-set route.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

lmarkus001 wrote:Augmented Summoning gives the summoned creatures an ENHANCEMENT bonus so it does not stack with Bulls Strength, etc. That is why I went the mod-set route.
Ah, I hadn't caught that.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Playing a game right now and taking notes on things that would be nice. I'll be editing this post multiple times tonight...

1. It would be nice if skills that are opposed could provide a link that the other person could click that would roll the appropriate skill. So someone rolls Stealth and the chat log gets a link so that others can roll their Perception checks. NPCs shouldn't produce that output to the chat log (IMO).

2. Need some way to add ability damage that's "clean and easy". Perhaps a simple "Which ability?" and "How much?" and then it creates the modset and applies it. That would make it much easier to create the modset.

3. Some type of flag that says, "this modset is temporary" so that when an encounter is over, the GM can click a button and have all of the per-round and per-minute spells expire.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Azhrei wrote: 2. Need some way to add ability damage that's "clean and easy". Perhaps a simple "Which ability?" and "How much?" and then it creates the modset and applies it. That would make it much easier to create the modset.
Thanks for the input!

With regard to this particular line item... it is in the current release!! There is a campaign macro that lists the 6 stats and lets you set the amount of damage for all 6 at once!

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

lmarkus001 wrote:
Azhrei wrote: 2. Need some way to add ability damage that's "clean and easy". Perhaps a simple "Which ability?" and "How much?" and then it creates the modset and applies it. That would make it much easier to create the modset.
Thanks for the input!

With regard to this particular line item... it is in the current release!! There is a campaign macro that lists the 6 stats and lets you set the amount of damage for all 6 at once!
Cool. I've been wanting to do this myself. I just tested it on the Map2 token applying 2 damage. It seems to do it right, but I get 2 popups asking for tskId. Then when I click stat damage again, it shows the value as -4 instead of 2. Setting it to 0 removes the damage.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

aliasmask wrote: Cool. I've been wanting to do this myself. I just tested it on the Map2 token applying 2 damage. It seems to do it right, but I get 2 popups asking for tskId. Then when I click stat damage again, it shows the value as -4 instead of 2. Setting it to 0 removes the damage.

They tskId error occurs if you try to run the macro on a token that is not set to the current campaign type (so if the campaign type is D&D3.5 and it is a Pathfinder property set configured token). I did not track down the why, but my quick guess is a mismatch in the mod-sets...

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I don't have a full release ready, but I have massaged a bunch of D&D3.5 creatures on the "~ D&D35 Summoned Critters" map. So I am making that map available for import (remember the name of the map is important for the Summon macro).

This is not a full set of summon ___ creatures, but it is 45 of the creatures I have prepared for modules here and there and they are fully verified with my framework.

bokodasu
Kobold

Post by bokodasu »

I've been using this for a couple of weeks and it's working great. The problem I'm having is that I use the 3.5 rules except for the Pathfinder skills, and I can't figure out how to change those. I tried copy/pasting anywhere I found "skills" from the PF to the 3.5, but so far the best I've done is remove the 3.5 skills not in PF, but not adding the ones from PF that aren't in 3.5.

What's the right way to do this?

Thanks!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I can tell you the way I do it(May not be right, but it works). Go to the Window menu and click on the Tables submenu. There is a table called "SysLocale" open it and write down all of the skills number you want in your game. i.e. gemcutting = 179 Then edit the table "SysVars" with the corresponding numbers from the previous table. Be careful and make a copy of the campaign before doing this!

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

Just wanted to say that we are having a blast with this framework. Thanks for all the work!

-Happy bunch o' role players...
screenshot of framework at the end of the battle.
screenshot of framework at the end of the battle.
endofnight.jpg (235.08 KiB) Viewed 1979 times

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

bokodasu wrote:I've been using this for a couple of weeks and it's working great. The problem I'm having is that I use the 3.5 rules except for the Pathfinder skills, and I can't figure out how to change those. I tried copy/pasting anywhere I found "skills" from the PF to the 3.5, but so far the best I've done is remove the 3.5 skills not in PF, but not adding the ones from PF that aren't in 3.5.

What's the right way to do this?

Thanks!
Hummmm.... this could be a bother. I can't think of a way to get complete functionality without a lot of work at your end. The skills have several interconnected elements with one of the uglier bits being the rules link that is sent to chat. If you can live with that rules link being either missing or completely erroneous (giving 3.5 rules instead of PF rules) then you could edit the campaign properties and replace the skills in the 3.5 set with the skills in the PF set. Then you need to edit your Globals token and get the PF skills copied into the 3.5 skills json object. With those 2 changes, any new 3.5 tokens should have the PF list but still will NOT use the Class bonus that PF gives.

So um after thinking a bit, nope, no easy way. I recommend just setting to Pathfinder and using that....

jsharen
Giant

Post by jsharen »

Lindsay,
Is it possible to indicate on a weapon that it is a weapon of speed? For that single weapon it would act as a haste for the extra attack. Basically a check box.

As my characters are leveling up speed attribute is becoming more popular, and this is the easiest way to track that (and I can't use the work around with furry of blows because I have an archer who rapid shots and has a bow of speed).

How hard would that be?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

jsharen wrote:Lindsay,
Is it possible to indicate on a weapon that it is a weapon of speed? For that single weapon it would act as a haste for the extra attack. Basically a check box.

As my characters are leveling up speed attribute is becoming more popular, and this is the easiest way to track that (and I can't use the work around with furry of blows because I have an archer who rapid shots and has a bow of speed).

How hard would that be?
Quick Workaround:

Setup an additional Weapon entry like (just showing the relevant data parts, weapon damage and the like should be entered normally):

Name: Shortsword (speed attack)
Equipped?: Primary
How Calculate: Natural
# Natural: 1
Fighting with Two-Weapons: Off-hand Heavy/Monster

Then when they attack, they should select the standard weapon AND the speed attack weapon which will give you the extra attack.

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay,

The Witch Evil Eye mod-set is applying a -4 penalty at low levels (when it should be applying a -2).

Neo actually addressed this but when you incorporated his work I think it got left out. He tested this and I've found it to work fine. Use this as the formula.

Code: Select all

if(WitchLevel > 7, -4, -2)
I've fixed it at my end, but I'm reporting in case you do an update. Thanks! Been using the FW and it's been great.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”