Set Random HP issue?

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Yurameki
Kobold

Set Random HP issue?

Post by Yurameki »

Not sure it's meant to function this way, but the "Set Random HP" macro when used on a token seems to set it up to so that the MaxHP of a token changes every single time I mouseover a token...not sure why, I need it to set it randomly once when I click it and stay that way, I'd think that's what the functioning should be, am I doing something wrong, or missing the intention here?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Set Random HP issue?

Post by lmarkus001 »

It is working as intended.

The idea is you build a monster token, then set its random maximum hitpoints. Now when you want to use that monster, you copy-paste it and then either "edit Core" + OK to roll the random hitpoints, or use the new macro (that is more focused on summoning) to roll the hitpoints for you.

Yurameki
Kobold

Re: Set Random HP issue?

Post by Yurameki »

Ok so if I copy, then paste the Token I want to use into the map I want it on after setting it this way, and then click editCore and then hit OK the hitpoints will stop fluctuating and stay at the value they were when I opened the sheet? Awesome, thank you!

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”