Active Mods - some of them missing?

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
icelevistus
Kobold

Active Mods - some of them missing?

Post by icelevistus »

First things first: great work, this is amazing, thank you.

I'm using the .82 version of D&D3.5 + Pathfinder and the .84 version of MapTool. I'm assuming that's fine. (Though I've experimented in .82 MapTool with this as well).

I launch with MaxMem, MinMem, Stack set to 1024, 256, 4.

I'm experimenting with this framework to try to figure everything out (my understanding is that there's no handbook for it yet). When I use the "Active Mods" macro (or go to it through "edit Character") I see that there's only a handful of the possible conditions available to set. Namely: Blinded, Entangled, Exhausted, Fatigued, Three Fear states, Invisible, Nauseated, Sickened. Yet there are many more available in a given token's "state" tab. Sometimes when I load up, there are more available. "Prone" seems to always be missing (not sure if that's intended).

Any idea what's causing this or what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for any input!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: Active Mods - some of them missing?

Post by Azhrei »

The context menu shows "States" but those are put there by MapTool (via the Edit > Campaign Properties dialog) and not by the framework. The framework turns those states on/off as an indicator for the player, but the modsets do more than just change states: they apply modifiers to the token properties as well.

So in summary, MapTool provides some number of States. Modsets are an invention of the framework and may or may not use the States to depict which modifiers are active. I.o.w. States and modsets are two separate groups that may interact with each other but are not required to.

HTH.

icelevistus
Kobold

Post by icelevistus »

Thanks for your input. I understand the states/modset differences, but my main concern is the inconsistency when loading up the framework.

Sometimes less conditions are showing up under "Active Mods" than they did a previous time, and a cohort of mine confirmed that some skills don't show up under "edit Character" sometimes as well. Is there anything that could be causing these to be changing (seemingly at random)?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

icelevistus wrote:[...] but my main concern is the inconsistency when loading up the framework.
Doh! I didn't read your posting completely, I guess. :(

I don't have any experience with that happening. I.e. "it works for me." Can you describe your system setup? Anything that might affect memory-related attributes...?

icelevistus
Kobold

Post by icelevistus »

AH! Through more extensive testing, I've isolated the "random" factor. I didn't realize that you had to click "save" when you edit Globals in the starting prompt window. So when I saved (after choosing D&D), I got much fewer Conditions. When I didn't, I got more Conditions (because it was still in Pathfinder mode).

Now my question is: Why is D&D missing these conditions that are already in Pathfinder? For one example, "stunned" appears in Pathfinder-mode but not D&D-mode (but is a common D&D condition and seems to share the same rules).

I guess the answer doesn't matter and the resolution is to implement my own Conditions. At least now I know it wasn't being inconsistent.

Thanks for your dedication to my problem!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Oh, and once you click Save, just tell it not to reappear and you won't have to go through that again. :)

icelevistus
Kobold

Post by icelevistus »

check!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Hummm.... stunned should be there. Under 3.5 Condition tab I see:
Blinded
Dazzled
Deafened
Entangled
Exhausted
Fatigued
Fear - Cowering
Fear - Frightened
Fear - Panicked
Fear - Shaken
Grappled
Helpless
Invisible
Naseated
Paralyzed
Pinned
Sickened
Squeezing
Stunned

There are a few "system" states that I have not incorporated into the mod-sets. These include:
Prone
Dying
Dead
Unconscious

The primary reason is these state icons are currently managed by the various macros that change hitpoints, and those macros were written pre mod-sets.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”