Updating while keeping campaign?

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Nethys
Kobold

Updating while keeping campaign?

Post by Nethys »

I have a campaign using the b63 version of the Framework and wanted to start using the b82 version. I can open the campaign file in the new b82 version of MapTools, but am not sure how to update the Framework to use b82 while keeping all my campaign information. Can somebody walk me through this? It's been a long campaign and I really don't want to lose anything.

jstak
Cave Troll

Re: Updating while keeping campaign?

Post by jstak »

Nethys wrote:I have a campaign using the b63 version of the Framework and wanted to start using the b82 version. I can open the campaign file in the new b82 version of MapTools, but am not sure how to update the Framework to use b82 while keeping all my campaign information. Can somebody walk me through this? It's been a long campaign and I really don't want to lose anything.
First of all, make a copy of your campaign file and work on one of the copies. I don't know if this is the easiest way, but the way I have done this is to export all of the maps out of the campaign and then import them into the new framework. Next check your tokens and macros and you should be all set.

I did this with these two frameworks and it went pretty smooth and only took about 15 minutes.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

If you didn't make any changes to the properties or added any special mod-sets, then all you have to do is swap out the Lib:Tokens for the new versions and add the two repository maps. If you have your campaign online somewhere, I can do it for you. Just send me a email neofax99 <AT> gmail dot com

Nethys
Kobold

Post by Nethys »

I tried jstak's idea and it worked great. Exported all the maps, reimported, everything looks good. Thanks so much!

jstak
Cave Troll

Post by jstak »

neofax wrote:If you didn't make any changes to the properties or added any special mod-sets, then all you have to do is swap out the Lib:Tokens for the new versions and add the two repository maps. If you have your campaign online somewhere, I can do it for you. Just send me a email neofax99 <AT> gmail dot com
I have tried this method, but ended up coming up with the steps above after seeing some "glitches". I didn't figure out what happened, but assumed something in the campaign properties changes... Using this method, you would also need to export and import the macros to get the changes right?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

No, because all of the important macros are kept on the Lib:Tokens. If any Campaign Macros changed, Lindsay would post what macro to swap out on the campaign frame.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

But haven't there been new tables added as well?

The export/import of maps is a fairly good way to handle it, especially since it's not too bad time-wise. And the import function doesn't add the "Import of ..." prefix on imported maps unless there's already a map by the same name already in the campaign. So you don't need to go back and rename them after the import...

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”