CMDMod not working

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

CMDMod not working

Post by neofax »

There is a property for CMDMod and CMBMod in the properties. However, subRecalcAC is looking for these in the ArmorClass property. Also, subModToggle does not even write out the CMDMod/CMBMod anywhere.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: CMDMod not working

Post by Azhrei »

Lindsay, if you're in there mucking about with those two, how about one more? I'm thinking of a BABMod. If Neo's bug is fixed, then adding the BABMod would allow the Monk's flurry to work correctly.

Without this change, I had to increase the token's BAB (to gain the iterative attacks) and then apply a -2 penalty to all weapons that were NOT used in a flurry. But that increases the iteratives for those attacks too. :(

I think the ideal situation (which I believe Neo mentioned in a separate thread somewhere) would be for the weapon to have a dropdown box that listed all of the modsets available. Then a modset could be created called "Flurry" and it could be applied to individual weapons. It could adjust the BABMod to gain iteratives properly.

(Question: If a monk flurries and then is able to take an AOO before their next turn, do they use their increased BAB from the flurry? I think the answer is "no", but I wonder...)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

OK, I am stumped with this. StrMod, DexMod...InitMod and the other modList items work and change the Property. However, CMDMod and CMBMod do not. At least on the mod I made(which updates the ArmorMod and CMDMod for PF Monks). I have even debugged it and newMSTotal is correctly showing the mod number and the PrivateJSON has the correct CMDMod, but the property itself is not being updated.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Azhrei wrote:Lindsay, if you're in there mucking about with those two, how about one more? I'm thinking of a BABMod. If Neo's bug is fixed, then adding the BABMod would allow the Monk's flurry to work correctly.

Without this change, I had to increase the token's BAB (to gain the iterative attacks) and then apply a -2 penalty to all weapons that were NOT used in a flurry. But that increases the iteratives for those attacks too. :(

I think the ideal situation (which I believe Neo mentioned in a separate thread somewhere) would be for the weapon to have a dropdown box that listed all of the modsets available. Then a modset could be created called "Flurry" and it could be applied to individual weapons. It could adjust the BABMod to gain iteratives properly.

(Question: If a monk flurries and then is able to take an AOO before their next turn, do they use their increased BAB from the flurry? I think the answer is "no", but I wonder...)
Increased BAB for flurry? As far as I know, you get a penalty until you reach level 9. It's like haste where you get an extra attack at your first base attack mod. I'm speaking of 3.5, but maybe you mean PF... because I don't know their rules.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

aliasmask wrote:Increased BAB for flurry? As far as I know, you get a penalty until you reach level 9. It's like haste where you get an extra attack at your first base attack mod. I'm speaking of 3.5, but maybe you mean PF... because I don't know their rules.
A monk in PF uses their level as their BAB when making a flurry. That gives them an extra iterative attack (sort of like Haste, but not exactly). They normally have a 3/4 BAB, just like in 3.x, but they don't take a penalty during a flurry. It makes them a little powered up in PF.

By giving them a lower BAB and then bumping it up for flurries, they don't get their increased BAB in other areas (such as grappling, which can't be done in a flurry). It's really just a numbers game.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yeah, that would be a tough one to program for. I would probably add it as a feat and assign a value for the difference in BAB. Then in the attack, check for the feat and add the temp value to BAB when using flurry of blows. Shouldn't be a problem unless the character had both flurry of blows and rapid shot. In that case, I would have to separate or distinguish the two somehow in the attack input. Potentially, you could also add rapid shot as feat as well and save some space for all the other mods like favored enemy, sneak attack, combat expertise, power attack and Rage where they wouldn't show up in the panel unless the feat was checked. Hmm.. sounds like a plan.

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Azhrei wrote:
aliasmask wrote:Increased BAB for flurry? As far as I know, you get a penalty until you reach level 9. It's like haste where you get an extra attack at your first base attack mod. I'm speaking of 3.5, but maybe you mean PF... because I don't know their rules.
A monk in PF uses their level as their BAB when making a flurry. That gives them an extra iterative attack (sort of like Haste, but not exactly). They normally have a 3/4 BAB, just like in 3.x, but they don't take a penalty during a flurry. It makes them a little powered up in PF.

By giving them a lower BAB and then bumping it up for flurries, they don't get their increased BAB in other areas (such as grappling, which can't be done in a flurry). It's really just a numbers game.
Az, if you get this figured out I would love it if you shared. :)

Thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Ok then, back at this.

Indeed you are right CMDMod appears to not be applied anywhere useful. But it is a nice placebo isn't it?

CMBMod is being applied in my newish "Basic CM Roll" Special Attack. But I seem to have not rolled that in to all the other dedicated specials (like Overrun).

So let me get this worked out and updated!

With regard to PF Monks.... AW GIMME A BREAK!
(Heavy Metal reference for you young-uns... time code 3:44 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3J27ApS_8 )

So PF Monks gain Two-weapon Fighting feat and eventually Improved Two-Weapon fighting (so you need a Primary Flurry of Blows Fist/weapon, and a Secondary Flurry of Blows Fist/Weapon). PLUS they gain a different BAB when Flurrying... GAK! I think with the framework as it stands, this is how to implement this (I will code it up but it will be ugly).

Create a FoB active mod. In that mod, run a special macro that does things similar to the Divine Power active mod (changes the BAB). Additionally, check the relevant Improved/Two-Weapon Fighting Feat if not normally active. On the monk token, have 2 weapon entries, FoB Primary, FoB Secondary (configure one as primary manufactured, the other as secondary manufactured, both have Off-hand Light selected).

Now when you want to Flurry, activate the mod (the on-token single active mod toggle macro will speed this up) and when you attack, select both weapons FoB Primary + FoB Secondary and do a Full Round attack (ignoring the Flurry of Blows radio choices on the attack dialog). VIOLA!

I promise to kill any monks that try to enter my campaign (BEFORE they attempt to flurry that is)!

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Thanks Lindsay for the CMD/CMB fix! Also, if you make the FoB a Active Mod, you can add it to the table like Rage so the character can select it during the attack and it adds the active mod during the attack. Do you have some time to explain how I can add all of the Pathfinder specific subtypes?

Elorebaen
Dragon

Post by Elorebaen »

Thank you LM!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

neofax wrote:Thanks Lindsay for the CMD/CMB fix! Also, if you make the FoB a Active Mod, you can add it to the table like Rage so the character can select it during the attack and it adds the active mod during the attack. Do you have some time to explain how I can add all of the Pathfinder specific subtypes?
Yes.

Which am I missing? Nevermind, just hit the rules... I will get these in. It is pretty basic, just one line in the table for each. I am not going to try to separate these by game system so the 3.5 folks will see these additional sub-types as the PF folks see the additional types atm. I don't see a compelling need to keep the two systems separated for this. The "hard" bit is getting reasonable html into the table entry.

Aeon
Agathion
Air
Angel
Aquatic
Archon
Augmented
Azata
Chaotic
Cold
Daemon
Dark Folk
Demon
Devil
Dwarf
Earth
Elemental
Elf
Evil
Extraplanar
Fire
Giant
Gnome
Goblinoid
Good
Halfling
Human
Incorporeal
Inevitable
Lawful
Native
Orc
Nightshade
Protean
Qlippoth
Reptilian
Shapechanger
Swarm
Water

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

From what I read, Inevitable subtype do NOT die at 0 hitpoints the way Constructs do...

Paradox
Dragon

Post by Paradox »

Lindsay,

Bless you for the future FoB Active Mod! It means a lot.. I don't have the heart to kill off my player's monk (unless it's the way the dice roll)...
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”