Subtypes and Alignment

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
neofax
Great Wyrm

Subtypes and Alignment

Post by neofax »

I am trying to add the Pathfinder Subtypes, Types and Alignments(really, just going to use subtypes and add Neutral to it). Problem is, I added "Neutral" to the table CreatSubtype and changed row 0 to 21 and now when I try to edit a pre-generated token, I get a error of "Unknown JSON type "NULL" in function "json.get".". How can I add these subtypes where they work with the pre-existing tokens? Thanks!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Re: Subtypes and Alignment

Post by lmarkus001 »

Hummm.... did you form the entry correctly? You are correct in that you need to increment the row count (row zero integer). A sample "Neutral" Subtype would look like:

{"type":"Neutral","html":"Kinda grey, rather boring"}

=============================

A caution, the HPDying code pays attention to creature types (specifically, undead, constructs and some others which die at 0 hp). See row 6 of the SysVars table:
[{
"deathPoint":"0",
"typeArray":["Construct","Undead"],
"subtypeArray":["Swarm"]
}]

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

In the table SysVar(IIRC at work currently) is there a reason why all of the special characters were changed to Unicode characters? i.e. { becomes %02b

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

The correct table is the CreatSubtype table.

The unicode thing you refer too is the full baseline mod-sets for a game system type. I replace the mod-sets on the global library token based on the game system type selected. There are all kinds of crazy parenthesis issues so going unicode solves that mess.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

(That's not "Unicode" but "URL encoded". Unicode is a method of specifying characters from many different alphabets, ie. "character encodings". URL encoding is a way to present characters using their encoded numbers so that they are portable and can be entered on all keyboards. With all of the translations currently supported by MT I thought it best to clarify.)

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Azhrei wrote:(That's not "Unicode" but "URL encoded". Unicode is a method of specifying characters from many different alphabets, ie. "character encodings". URL encoding is a way to present characters using their encoded numbers so that they are portable and can be entered on all keyboards. With all of the translations currently supported by MT I thought it best to clarify.)
I know you could not hold back the inner geek to correct us, but we both understood what the other meant. :twisted:

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

neofax wrote:
Azhrei wrote:(That's not "Unicode" but "URL encoded". Unicode is a method of specifying characters from many different alphabets, ie. "character encodings". URL encoding is a way to present characters using their encoded numbers so that they are portable and can be entered on all keyboards. With all of the translations currently supported by MT I thought it best to clarify.)
I know you could not hold back the inner geek to correct us, but we both understood what the other meant. :twisted:
Lol. I was thinking the same thing as Az posted, but I refrained from mentioning the difference. Az being the board mod and a comp sci teacher couldn't help but post the correction. I remember when he corrected me saying "<!--comment-->" isn't a valid html comment because it lacked the spaces before and after the text. There's no gettin' by the Az man.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

LoL I did not correct your original "unicode" statement as I was trying to not confuse the issue :-)

Weeeeee!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

LOL!

Like AM said, I was going to let it slide. But I decided someone else could come to this site/forum/thread/post via a search and while we know what we're talking about, they might not. There's enough confusion around translation issues that it doesn't hurt for the definitions to at least be clear! :?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Oh yeah, I am adding a "Neutral" subtype for the future so folks can use those to specify character alignment if they like...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I just added it. Would you like me to send the whole string so you can add it to your file? I would do the 3.5 as well, but I don't know if they are all included at the SRD site.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I just did all of the Pathfinder subtypes...

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Were you splitting them up between Pathfinder and 3.5 like the others? This way the 3.5 sends you to the SRD and Pathfinder sends you to d20pfsrd or the PRD. Also, since I am in there, do you mind if I go through the other tables and fix the HTML links and special characters that show up wrong?

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

I just grabbed the HTML from d20PF for the new subtypes. So they will point out to the Pathfinder site.
http://www.d20pfsrd.com/bestiary/rules- ... C-Agathion

I did not modify any of the existing types/subtypes so they still point to d20srd.

Like I mentioned, I do not see a strong reason to split these into two separate tables (one for 3.5 one for Pathfinder) as that is a fair bit of code fiddling and the return on investment is low...
Attachments
CreatSubtype.zip
(13.35 KiB) Downloaded 73 times

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Thanks for all the great help! I truly appreciate the investment you have made in this framework. I use it almost every day of the week in my games, games I play in or Organized Play.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”