Multiple skillchecks with one Macro

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Multiple skillchecks with one Macro

Post by fuleng6021 »

I am using the pathfinder framework for my Kingmaker game. I want to have a single Macro were a Character can make all exploration relevant skillchecks with one click.
How can I add the final skill value from a character ( the one in white colour and grey backround from the Character sheet) to a Macro. Sry unfortunately I have no knowledge of JSON functions.
Thanks.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Multiple skillchecks with one Macro

Post by neofax »

There is a button in the GM portion of the Campaign frame(IIRC) that allows you to run 1 skill for the button. Just copy that button over to the players selection frame and change the variable to add a 1. i.e. tSkillCheck to tSkillCheck1 Then copy the code as many times as you want changing the variable and it will roll the appropriate skills for you. If you post what skills you want rolled, I can whip it up fast for you, but I am going to the movies shortly.

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

Thx for the Quick answer. But this always asks for tempBonus, take 20 and secret. I just need a plain check. One click, 5 checks without further Input.

IMarvinTPA
Dragon

Post by IMarvinTPA »

fuleng6021 wrote:Thx for the Quick answer. But this always asks for tempBonus, take 20 and secret. I just need a plain check. One click, 5 checks without further Input.
There is a parameter for the macro:
doInput

Code: Select all

<!-- HARD CODE DESIRED SKILL IN targSkill AND targSubcat -->

<!-- SAMPLE SKILLS LIST: Appraise,Balance,Bluff,Climb,Craft,Concentration,Decipher Script,Diplomacy,Disable Device,Disguise,Escape Artist,Forgery,Gather Information,Handle Animal,Heal,Hide,Intimidate,Jump,Knowledge,Listen,Move Silently,Open Lock,Perform,Profession,Ride,Search,Sense Motive,Sleight of Hand,Speak Language,Spellcraft,Spot,Survival,Swim,Tumble,Use Magic Device,Use Rope,Acrobatics,Fly,Linguistics,Perception,Stealth -->

[H: targSkill = "Perception" ]
[H: targSubcat = "" ]

<!-- DO NOT MODIFY BELOW THIS LINE -->

[MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", targSkill ), "targSubcat", targSubcat, "doInput", 0 ) ]
Repeat that for each skill you wish to use in the button.

IMarv

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

so if I delete the "doinput" from the Macro it will no longer ask for TempBonus,take and secret?
so will this work?

edit

.. sry forget what i wrote
thanks

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

still have a problem
the code:

[H: targSkill = "Perception" ]

[MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", targSkill ), "targSubcat", targSubcat, "doInput", 0 ) ]
[H: targSkill1 = "Survival" ]

[MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", targSkill1 ), "targSubcat", targSubcat, "doInput", 0 ) ]
i only get results for the first skillcheck, but no further

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Here you go:

<!-- HARD CODE DESIRED SKILL IN targSkill AND targSubcat -->

<!-- SAMPLE SKILLS LIST: Appraise,Balance,Bluff,Climb,Craft,Concentration,Decipher Script,Diplomacy,Disable Device,Disguise,Escape Artist,Forgery,Gather Information,Handle Animal,Heal,Hide,Intimidate,Jump,Knowledge,Listen,Move Silently,Open Lock,Perform,Profession,Ride,Search,Sense Motive,Sleight of Hand,Speak Language,Spellcraft,Spot,Survival,Swim,Tumble,Use Magic Device,Use Rope,Acrobatics,Fly,Linguistics,Perception,Stealth -->

[H: targSkill = "Perception, Survival" ]

[FOREACH(i, targSkill), CODE:
	{
	[MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", i ), "targSubcat", targSubcat, "doInput", 0 ) ]
	}]
This WILL NOT work for Craft/Knowledge/Perform or Profession skills. I would have to spend some time to figure that out.

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

Thank you very much.
But what do i wrong. just copied the code and it only gives results for perception

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I do not know. I just ran it with 7 different skills(took a couple seconds), but all of them showed in chat. Granted they are all on the same line, which you could fix by changing the FOREACH to:

[FOREACH(i, targSkill, "<BR />"): CODE:

fuleng6021
Cave Troll

Post by fuleng6021 »

would you be so kind to post your complete code.
I must have done something wrong. It just will not work. Fortunately for me my player did not much exploring in this kingmaker session. they were busy with the bandit problem.

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

This performs a Sense Motive, Perception, and Knowledge(arcana) check in one macro and does not prompt for input. If you want to prompt for input just once, you would have to do that in this macro and feed the relevant data to the various parameters like inputTempBonus and inputSecret.

UPDATE: This supports skills that have subcategories like Knowledge, Profession, Craft, Perform. But the targSubcat variable needs a value for every targSkill entry (a blank value is fine, see the example).

NOTE: The macro will abort if a selected token does not have one of the requested skills, which can happen frequently in the case of Knowledge, Profession, Craft, Perform.

<!-- HARD CODE DESIRED SKILL IN targSkill AND targSubcat -->

<!-- SAMPLE SKILLS LIST: Appraise,Balance,Bluff,Climb,Craft,Concentration, 
Decipher Script,Diplomacy,Disable Device,Disguise,Escape Artist,Forgery, 
Gather Information,Handle Animal,Heal,Hide,Intimidate,Jump,Knowledge, 
Listen,Move Silently,Open Lock,Perform,Profession,Ride,Search,Sense Motive, 
Sleight of Hand,Speak Language,Spellcraft,Spot,Survival,Swim,Tumble, 
Use Magic Device,Use Rope,Acrobatics,Fly,Linguistics,Perception,Stealth -->

[H: targSkill = "Sense Motive, Perception, Knowledge" ]
[H: targSubcat = ",,Arcana" ]

<!-- DO NOT MODIFY BELOW THIS LINE -->

[FOREACH(i, targSkill, "<br>"), CODE:
   {
   [H: tIdx = listFind(targSkill, i)]
   [H: tSubcat = listGet(targSubcat, tIdx) ]
   [MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", i ), "targSubcat", tSubcat, "doInput", 0, "inputSecret", 0, "inputTempBonus", 0, "inputTake", 0 ) ]
   }] 

Glock-9mm
Giant

Post by Glock-9mm »

Hey

I adjusted ("inputSecret", 0") to ("inputSecret", 1") but the players see i made a check, just not the result... any idea of a fix?

Glock
---
Glock-9mm (Wgtn, NZ)
Shooting from the hip... Never the lip!

lmarkus001
Great Wyrm

Post by lmarkus001 »

Glock-9mm wrote:Hey

I adjusted ("inputSecret", 0") to ("inputSecret", 1") but the players see i made a check, just not the result... any idea of a fix?

Glock
Is that the exact text? The extra quotes would be an issue. Correct code:

[MACRO("LibDedicatedSkillCheck@Lib:libDnD35Pathfinder"): json.set( json.set( "", "targSkill", i ), "targSubcat", tSubcat, "doInput", 0, "inputSecret", 1, "inputTempBonus", 0, "inputTake", 0 ) ]
inputSecret is only being processed if doInput is 0. I will enhance this in the next rev.

An inelegant but functional workaround is add "/self " to the start of the macro you use to do the check. That won't share it with GMs though. "/gm" will share it with GMs. What this does not cover is having a player roll sending the result to the GM and not letting the player know what they rolled.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”