Pathfinder Framework

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Thundertoe
Kobold

Pathfinder Framework

Post by Thundertoe »

Hi All.

This is my first post here, so I'm hoping this is the right forum.
I've created a mostly complete Pathfinder Framework based off a 4e Framework I can't seem to find at the moment.
I figured it should be made available to you guys since it's just been sitting on my flashdrive for the last month.

What this Macro Has
  • Token Properties corresponding to the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game
  • Character Sheet Popup macro with General Info, Abilities, Stats, Defenses, and Skills tabs
  • Equipment Sheet Popup macro with Inventory, Group Loot, Weapon, and Offhand Weapon tabs
  • Save Macros, Initiative Macro, HP Macro, Rest Macro, Hero Point Macro, Attack Macro (basic attack), Power/Spell template macro
  • Skill Roll Macros
More Pictures

Planned Features
  • Offhand (TWF) Macro
  • Support for Multiple Weapons
Bugs
  • Attack macro displays things like (+-4) because the + is hardcoded.
Let me know if you guys find any more bugs. I'm open to feature suggestions, but don't plan on doing much more development because this system works great for my gaming group. Feel free to expand on it, and if you do let me know so I can link you!

Install Instructions
  • Download the Campaign Properties and the Macro Set
  • Open your campaign
  • Go to Edit -> Campaign Properties and click the "Import" button
  • Select the PF-Properties.mtprops file
  • Create a new token, right-click, Edit...
  • Click the Config tab, and change the Properties dropdown to "Pathfinder"
  • With the token selected, right click the macro area and select "Import Macro Set"
  • Select the PF-NewMacroSet.mtmacset file
  • Click on the character sheet and equipment sheet macros and fill them in. Then you're set!
* This framework was built for MapTool version 1.3.b82 and will be supported on that version. Other versions might work, but if you get problems and you're not on b82 you'll get no support.
Attachments
PF-Campaign.cmpgn
Campaign file for the framework with a sample token already on it.
(1.85 MiB) Downloaded 1597 times
PF-NewMacroSet.mtmacset
New Character Macro Set (Token must be a Pathfinder token, see install notes)
(13.01 KiB) Downloaded 1462 times
PF-Properties.mtprops
Campaign Properties
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 1448 times
Last edited by Thundertoe on Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rainsinger
Kobold

Re: Pathfinder Framework

Post by Rainsinger »

Very nice. If someone could run with this and plug in more stuff (not going to be me, I just started using RPT) like the various feat modifiers for attacking and such, this could be a considerably better macro setup than the standard 3.5 one.

Zandel
Giant

Post by Zandel »

Hrmm, it seems to want me to input defaults for all of the variables no matter what macro button I press. Do I need the 4e framework for this to work with?

Thundertoe
Kobold

Post by Thundertoe »

Zandel wrote:Hrmm, it seems to want me to input defaults for all of the variables no matter what macro button I press. Do I need the 4e framework for this to work with?
Make sure you did all the steps in order, primarily:
  • Create a new token, right-click, Edit...
  • Click the Config tab, and change the Properties dropdown to "Pathfinder"
If your token isn't using the Pathfinder properties, then it's using the default basic ones and gets confused when the macros mention certain variables.

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

I followed the directions 100% and it looks like it set up correctly.

When you click on the character sheet tab you are instructed to put in values 1 at a time, but I don't know what over half of them even refer to. This looks like a very good framework for those of us who can't make heads or tails of the big PF framework, but at this time it is unusable for me.

It looks excellent otherwise. I probably just need to learn some more about maptools.

Thundertoe
Kobold

Post by Thundertoe »

Claybor wrote:I followed the directions 100% and it looks like it set up correctly.

When you click on the character sheet tab you are instructed to put in values 1 at a time, but I don't know what over half of them even refer to. This looks like a very good framework for those of us who can't make heads or tails of the big PF framework, but at this time it is unusable for me.

It looks excellent otherwise. I probably just need to learn some more about maptools.
If you followed the instructions accurately, the character sheet will come up. I just ran through the install instructions once more, no problems. It sounds like the token you're using hasn't been changed to a "Pathfinder" token. The reason MapTool is asking for values is because the macros refer to values within the token that the "Pathfinder" properties set up. If the token is a "Pathfinder" token, those values exist, and the macro brings up the character sheet.

I'll upload a campaign file you can use with a token already on it to the original post. Though campaign files in b82 get randomly corrupted sometimes for me.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

You could change your setup macro to set the "Pathfinder" ([H: setPropertyType("Pathfinder")])properties so the end user does not become frustrated.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

If you followed the instructions accurately, the character sheet will come up. I just ran through the install instructions once more, no problems. It sounds like the token you're using hasn't been changed to a "Pathfinder" token. The reason MapTool is asking for values is because the macros refer to values within the token that the "Pathfinder" properties set up. If the token is a "Pathfinder" token, those values exist, and the macro brings up the character sheet.

I'll upload a campaign file you can use with a token already on it to the original post. Though campaign files in b82 get randomly corrupted sometimes for me.
No offense intended. Your instructions are clear and easy and were followed 100%. When you hit the character sheet it starts asking for values 1 by 1, there is no character sheet.

The new campaign file crashes on loading. com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.streamexception

I want to thanks you for your efforts regardless of the outcome, I do appreciate you taking your time to get it worked out.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

Claybor wrote:The new campaign file crashes on loading. com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.streamexception
You probably have JAVA 7 installed and MapTool currently does not work with this version until the next release comes out or you run development. This may be the problems you are experiencing. I don't know as I have not tried this FW, but this is my suspicion.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Thundertoe
Kobold

Post by Thundertoe »

Claybor wrote:

No offense intended. Your instructions are clear and easy and were followed 100%. When you hit the character sheet it starts asking for values 1 by 1, there is no character sheet.

The new campaign file crashes on loading. com.thoughtworks.xstream.io.streamexception

I want to thanks you for your efforts regardless of the outcome, I do appreciate you taking your time to get it worked out.
Oh well. Sorry it didn't work out for you.
If it helps, I also created a token for you if you want to try that out. Its attached.
Attachments
Ash_Ketchum.rptok
(91.42 KiB) Downloaded 276 times

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

Odd. I think I have found the issue. If I impersonate the token using the impersonate panel in maptools I get nothing, but if I right click on the token and hit impersonate from there, everything shows up and works. I get the character sheet. I figured it was just something screwey on this end as that is usually the case. Thanks again for the assistance, I am going to dig in a mess with this now. I believe this well help my current game out immensely.

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

You probably have JAVA 7 installed and MapTool currently does not work with this version until the next release comes out or you run development. This may be the problems you are experiencing. I don't know as I have not tried this FW, but this is my suspicion.
Thanks, This must be a big part of it because I can't load the campaign now with these new settings imported and saved. Oh well.

sozin
Cave Troll

Post by sozin »

Nice work! Definitely going to use this for something I am cooking up. Thank you for sharing.

A question about weapons: this primary / offhand weapon function is nice:
AttackBonus=eval(WepAbilBonus)+WeaponEnhBonus+WeaponSpecialization+WeaponFocus+WeaponProficiency+WeaponMiscAtkBonus]
What are you thoughts cn PC/NPCs with more than one attack per round (ie a full attack)? It looks like the macro is going to use the same attack bonus each time, which isn't correct?

Claybor
Cave Troll

Post by Claybor »

This is working well for me with b87.

Thanks.

thegrym
Kobold

Post by thegrym »

I found some buggs.
Every time i open the Equipment sheet it changes the Ability weapons are based on. Is there any easy fix to this?
Above the Initiative field it says "Do NOT add your dex bonus" but the initiative button doesn't include your dex bonus.
When selecting str bonus for a weapons damage ability it adds the bonus to the attack roll but not the damage roll.
When selecting strx1.5 it adds 1.5xstr to the attack rolls, which i don't think is correct.
The Framework looks cool but threes some small things, keep up the good work.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”