Create Armor

Discussion concerning lmarkus' campaign framework for D&D3.x and Pathfinder.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei, giliath, Gamerdude, jay, Mr.Ice, lmarkus001

Forum rules
Discussion regarding lmarkus001's framework only. Other posts deleted without notice! :)
Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Create Armor

Post by Lifer4700 »

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to give my token armor.
I'm using the MT1.3.86_DND35PathfinderCore01 campaign, along with MapTool Version: 1.3.b86
I have changed my tokens to use Pathfinder properties.

I have never seen or used MapTools until now. I own Hero Labs, and I'm trying the demo for d20pro. Things couldn't be easier as far as setup and play is concerned, but I'm really impressed with the LoS and FoW capabilities of MapTool, as well as the map creation, layers, and many other things give this software an advantage as a generic VTT, so I would really like to use it.

MY problem is, I have used the editCharacter macro to fill out stats, skills, feats, even weapons, but armor I cannot figure out.
Apparently, I have to create an Item, but the dialog box makes no sense to me whatsoever.

Can someone please walk me through the creation process, even of something simple, like Leather Armor. Just so I have a clue?
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: Create Armor

Post by neofax »

Select your token(red and white dash around the border of token). Click on the button edit character. On the pop-up select Edit Items. On this pop-up select Add new. On this pop-up scroll to the top and type in a name where it is already preselected. Go down a bit and put in what the Armor Check Penalty is, Max Dex and check if it is encumbering. Scroll further down until you get to Armor input and type in the bonus to armor. Scroll all the way to the bottom and select OK. The screen may pop back up asking to Edit/Add New/Delete/Give Item. If so hit cancel. Now click back on the Edit character button, but this time select Equip Items. On this pop-up check what item(s) you want to equip or un-equip(if already checked). Now you should have your armor on.

P.S. This is not just for Armor, but for every item(excluding weapons), spell, feat, class feature, trait...that can work with the input boxes. So Cloak of Resistance-yep, Ioun Stone-yep, Ring of Protection-yep, Human +2 to any stat-yep, Poison-yep, Ring of resistance(Cold)-yep, you get the picture. Oh, and BTW you can even give the item to a friend when you no longer need it.

Also, you mentioned HeroLab. If you export the statblock and copy it. You can drop a new blank token on the map and select it then click on the statblock2token macro, it will turn that token into a full fledged Pathfinder token. You will need to make minor tweaks, but it gets 90% done.

Lifer4700
Cave Troll

Re: Create Armor

Post by Lifer4700 »

Wow, ok. Thanks!
I guess I just plain missed the 'armor' fields in the middle of the list.

It makes sense now when coupled with your explanation, it's an extremely generic object creator, where the object doesn't even have to be a physical item, it can be conceptual bonus or effect, like the +2 bonus for humans example you mentioned. I can see great potential for this for my campaigns where I don't always follow all the rules.

Wasn't it Peter Parker's uncle that said, "With great power comes great complexity" something like that, eh?

Thanks again for the quick response,
I'm certain I'll run into more questions as I push the software more and more!
I should change my profile name to Freddy because JSON and I don't quite get along yet.

Return to “D&D 3.5/Pathfinder 1e Campaign Macros”